• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s lawyers seek to undercut Mueller’s Russia investigation

Yeah I totally believe that Trumps revolving door of asskissing lawyers who he found on Russian Craigslist because no one serious wants to represent him will really be able to find a way to discredit one of the most respected lawmen in America.

Slacker

Republicans will let him fire AG and put someone in to dismiss Mueller.

Just a matter of time now.

All up to the press at this point.

Schiff promises to create a special counsel and appoint Mueller to head it up if that happens. I almost hope it does just for the show, you know, aside from the lasting damage to the office of the presidency and our democracy in general. :(

If a President can pardon themself from any crime what's to keep them from literally doing whatever they want regardless of the law as long as congress won't impeach them?

I've said before, this Congress will go down in history as the worst ever. If they allow Trump to issue middle of the term pardons(which he can) to his campaign cronies, and himself, our democracy is dead.

Zolo

Yeah I totally believe that Trumps revolving door of asskissing lawyers who he found on Russian Craigslist because no one serious wants to represent him will really be able to find a way to discredit one of the most respected lawmen in America.

Plenty of people don't know enough about Mueller compared to considering everything Trump and Fox News to say as fact.

"I'm innocent, nothing to see here. Lies, lies, lies, from that demon Mueller". This sure seems like something an innocent person would do. Trump is one swell guy everyone.

Yep. Notice how absolutely nothing leaks out of Mueller's office? Turns out there's more to leadership than being an ass.

Helps when you actually have skill and you've hired the best team, unlike Trump.

Afrodium

Banned
Ignoring the "can I pardon myself?" insanity, this also confirms that if Don Jr. or another family member goes down first, Trump is planning to pardon them. That's gonna be one hell of a shitstorm.

He's gonna destroy the Republican party and still end up in New York state prison.

KIhSb5d.jpg

No way. Republicans still fear Trump... At least right now.

Hahaha, if Republicans were so scared of Trump, they wouldn't of let Comey go public in the first place. Between this and the healthcare mess, there's not many who hold to Trump. Especially since his reactions to the scandal only get in the way of their tax-cutting dreams.

DrSlek

This is as close to an admission of guilt you can get without actually admitting guilt.

"I did nothing wrong, but I want to pardon myself anyway"

Zolo

Hahaha, if Republicans were so scared of Trump, they wouldn't of let Comey go public in the first place. Between this and the healthcare mess, there's not many who hold to Trump. Especially since his reactions to the scandal only get in the way of their tax-cutting dreams.

DFLibSlUQAAPOVw.jpg:large

Has he asked about launching the nukes at the media yet? I feel like we're in for a mad King moment when he's finally cornered with his crimes.

I would hope the Secret Service would detain him. If Trump is removed from office, he still knows a ton of classified into.

...is what people have been saying for the last 18 months.

And Trump Jr.'s getting questioned next week. If Republicans were really so scared, why in the hell would they let even their own investigations progress an inch?

Speely

Banned
It frightens me that so many Americans relate to this man, even when it's blatantly obvious that he is both an idiot and a monster. This shit won't go away when he does.

It frightens me that so many Americans relate to this man, even when it's blatantly obvious that he is both an idiot and a monster. This shit won't go away when he does.

White men in America just hate being told that they're wrong. Trump is the walking embodiment of that sentiment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If he fires Mueller, I have no doubt the IC will leak a ton of stuff.

I'm also confident Mueller has some sort of failsafe that will get New York Attorney General Schneiderman all the important details so state charges will be filed in case Mueller is fired.

Surfinn

I think his lawyers are starting to realize that Mueller investigating Trump's financials and tax returns is going to return some damning evidence.

They're panicking

Kusagari

I wonder, considering his statements this week, if he's going to try to pressure Sessions to resign.

Then he can put someone new in and they can fire Rosenstein and Mueller.

Ignoring the "can I pardon myself?" insanity, this also confirms that if Don Jr. or another family member goes down first, Trump is planning to pardon them. That's gonna be one hell of a shitstorm.

Which is why when Mueller delivers indictments it's going to be all at once. Mueller also has a constitutional lawyer as counsel, for I'm assuming this very question.

The Intel community is going to want action regardless of Congress's perceived cowardice. The whole reason Trump's in this mess in the first place is because of them. You don't fuck with the CIA unless you know what you're doing. It's safe to say Trump doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
And Trump Jr.'s getting questioned next week. If Republicans were really so scared, why in the hell would they let even their own investigations progress an inch?

Well, like the other people testifying, they'll try to lead them on with questions about Clinton.

I am putting money on a preemptive self-pardon where he declares the investigation a conspiracy and that he needed to do it so he could focus on running the country.

1. Trump is clearly scared shitless of someone poking around in his finances.

2. I don't think finding a conflict of interest for Mueller is really a great strategy for shutting down the investigation. They could use it to cast aspersions on his conclusions, but if he's fired for an alleged conflict, the normal thing to do would be appoint a replacement special counsel, not kill the investigation. Rosenstein has no reason to wave away the investigation given he was the one who opened it in the first place.

3. I think Mark Corallo, the legal team spokesman, likely quit because of the attacks on Mueller and the DOJ.

Top Bottom