• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s lawyers seek to undercut Mueller’s Russia investigation

antonz

That's a shame. Because he was a grade A moron. Still Sekulow is as smart as a bag of hammers too. Don't really know about the other two.

The issue in the end is getting Trump to listen. Even Fox News the other night could not spin the interview much. They asked if his Attorney Ty Cobb would be happy with such an interview and the responder was like there is no way in hell Ty Cobb would approve of something like this.

ZOONAMI

This all feels like it's moving extremely fast--and it is--but folks thinking Trump is going to be out of office by Christmas need to take a breath. Nothing meaningful will happen until the midterms. It's all about 2018. (Not to mention the future of the Democratic party hinges on defining a platform that's more than anti-Trump. That lost in 2016.)

When you start asking your legal team about pardons it certainly seems like a shoe is about to drop.

Someone on the trump team knows what Mueller has and it isn't pretty. Trump himself is going down soon or indictments are going to drop on Jr. or Kushner soon, and I don't think the GOP is going to let this shit show continue. My bet is he resigns or is impeached by end of year.

antonz

I thought they are changing strategies to prematurely leaking stuff themselves to get ahead of IC leaks?
(Which is not Kasowitz strategy).

Cobb is known to like to try and get ahead of leaks but even people on foxnews flat out said shit like the Trump interview is something Cobb would never approve. Trump is being Trump and dragging the lawyers along for the ride

The lie is supposed to be worse than the actual pee tape?

When you lie, you know urine trouble.

When you start asking your legal team about pardons it certainly seems like a shoe is about to drop.

Someone on the trump team knows what Mueller has and it isn't pretty. Trump himself is going down soon or indictments are going to drop on Jr. or Kushner soon, and I don't think the GOP is going to let this shit show continue. My bet is he resigns or is impeached by end of year.

This seems a bit unrealistic.

PBY

Banned
@foxnews
.@newtgingrich: “The Mueller investigation has so many conflicts of interests, it’s almost an absurdity.” #Hannity

ZOONAMI

When you lie, you know urine trouble.

This seems a bit unrealistic.

If it happens it happens this year. GOP doesn't want this to push into 2018. The sooner the better as it's further out from the midterm if they are going to force a resignation or impeach.

If it happens it happens this year. GOP doesn't want this to push into 2018. The sooner the better as it's further out from the midterm if they are going to force a resignation or impeach.

I think the opposite IMO

If they want to do something, it's after they see how the midterms went

Look for Mueller or Sessions to be fired tomorrow.

Heh, he just took shots at Sessions too lol. The guy he put in for being just as dirty and shitty as himself lol.

Perjury is ok if u r new at it though

LOL.

This stuff is hard! He doesn't know what perjury is right!

Amazing how far our country has fallen in the hands of these idiots.

This. What a time to be alive. Sigh.

They need to be found guilty of this shit and ousted ASAP.

The real goal is the agenda. The GOP will do what it needs to do to get as much of it passed while they can, because I think they've already reached the point of no return.

Those morons still seem to think it's the people, not the evidence.

ZOONAMI

I think the opposite IMO

If they want to do something, it's after they see how the midterms went

Could be, but it's literally a disaster news cycle on repeat. If they were smart they would tell him to get the fuck out and let pence or Ryan calm things down for a year before the midterm.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Cobb is known to like to try and get ahead of leaks but even people on foxnews flat out said shit like the Trump interview is something Cobb would never approve. Trump is being Trump and dragging the lawyers along for the ride
I think in this case "getting ahead of the news" doesn't work when the stuff you're supposed to get ahead of is incredibly bad. They're in quite a bind.

ZOONAMI

The real goal is the agenda. The GOP will do what it needs to do to get as much of it passed while they can, because I think they've already reached the point of no return.

Those morons still seem to think it's the people, not the evidence.

But they aren't getting anything passed?

UberTag

@foxnews
.@newtgingrich: “The Mueller investigation has so many conflicts of interests, it’s almost an absurdity.” #Hannity
At least Loyal Hannity will always be there to give Donny his talking points from across the TV.

Derwind

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

tenor.gif

I hope they're suffering from many sleepless nights.

Pence could do that just as well. Trump himself has no benefit to the agenda beyond being a warm body who can hold a pen. He's not capable of advocating for policy because he doesn't understand policy. He's a bad dealmaker. The only thing keeping him around is his crowd of MAGA idiots and the near-certainty that Trump will go on a warpath on twitter, etc. raging against Congress if he's removed.

Zolo

Pence could do that just as well. Trump himself has no benefit to the agenda beyond being a warm body who can hold a pen. He's not capable of advocating for policy because he doesn't understand policy. He's a bad dealmaker. The only thing keeping him around is his crowd of MAGA idiots and the near-certainty that Trump will go on a warpath on twitter, etc. raging against Congress if he's removed.

Also an easy target to throw under the bus if legislation and executive orders get awful reception now and in retrospect.

Toth

@foxnews
.@newtgingrich: ”The Mueller investigation has so many conflicts of interests, it's almost an absurdity." #Hannity

This is laying the groundwork for when Trump fires Mueller, no? He'll claim that he 'had' to because they were unfair and biased against him. Too many conflict of interests! SAD!

I'm concerned.

UberTag

This is laying the groundwork for when Trump fires Mueller, no? He'll claim that he 'had' to because they were unfair and biased against him. Too many conflict of interests! SAD!

I'm concerned.
It's not a matter of "if"... but "when".

antonz

I'm concerned.

Gingrich and others have been on the attack Mueller path since at around June 11th.
Trumpites watching Foxnews have heard how evil Mueller is hiring all Hillary Clinton fans etc. for a month.

So there has been ground laying for sure. Now that financials are a confirmed area I do expect Trump to move

I'm concerned.
Yes, that's what they're doing. Right wing media has been running with that angle basically since the moment Mueller was appointed, citing his relationship with Comey. It's now clear it's the official strategy out of the White House as well.

I won't believe he's fucked until the cuffs are on

Same.

It's literally impossible for them not to find a ton of shit on him related to both Russia and now his businesses too, but we'll see.

And he's (along with his lawyers) already suddenly interested in learning about his pardoning abilities.

UberTag

Yes, that's what they're doing. Right wing media has been running with that angle basically since the moment Mueller was appointed, citing his relationship with Comey. It's now clear it's the official strategy out of the White House as well.
Breitbart, FOX News and the White House are all aligned in their propaganda as they wage war against the truth, freedom, justice and the rest of the civilized world.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. Especially considering Donny's TV viewing habits.

In what fucking world does Mueller have a conflict of interest? Like, why do Republicans think that? What’s there for them to point to as evidence ?

I don't see Rosenstein doing it. I think the only thing stopping Trump is literally everyone telling him inside of just how bad it would be.

UberTag

In what fucking world does Mueller have a conflict of interest? Like, why do Republicans think that? What's there for them to point to as evidence ?
What they think doesn't have to have any basis in reality. They can invent whatever messaging they want and FOX News will spread it. Breitbart will spread it. WikiLeaks will spread it. Their little army of Twitter bots will spread it. And their cultivated legions of brainwashed, unthinking masses will believe it to be gospel.

I'm concerned.

First of all, fuck Newt and Hannity. Seriously, they're both slime given human shape.

Second, I'm not too concerned. I'm sure Trump will try that angle, but it will go as well as his "I fired Comey because of how he treated poor Hillary" angle. He'd probably have to fire Rosenstein and several people below him to get to Mueller, and at that point, the shit show would be so great that enough people in Congress would reinstate Mueller's investigation just to save face with the public and press.

Damned if you, damned if you don't. Just like I like my Drumpfs.

Breitbart, FOX News and the White House are all aligned in their propaganda as they wage war against the truth, freedom, justice and the rest of the civilized world.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. Especially considering Donny's TV viewing habits.
Yup. The Fox News presidency.

In what fucking world does Mueller have a conflict of interest? Like, why do Republicans think that? What’s there for them to point to as evidence ?
Um, he worked with Comey before
Some of his hires have donated to Democrats
He used to be a member of one of Trump's golf clubs

Clearly he is incapable of conducting an unbiased investigation.

megalowho

All you have to do is insinuate it, the base will take care of the rest, and folks in the "middle" will say well now I don't know what to believe. Propaganda at work.

Top Bottom