• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump condemns anti-semitism, praises African American museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
If Trump actually gave a shit about Jewish people, he would've never hired Bannon in the first place.

I wouldn't go that far. That's like saying Just because I am buying a Nintendo swtich I don't care about my games being priced fairy

Boke1879

Words mean absolute shit when you've surrounded yourself and literally signed off on shit that targets minorities, women, and the LGBTQ community in a negative way.

Today Trump makes a empty as statement.

Tomorrow Trump sign another form of the EO ban, rolls back protection on the LGBTQ community, and he still hasn't met with the CBC.

Trump will literally tell you what you want to hear. He's a conman. Until he backs that up with action it means nothing. Some of yall can be so swayed by words. It's no wonder how this man got into power. The bar is literally so fucking low for him.

Boke1879

I wouldn't go that far. That's like saying Just because I am buying a Nintendo swtich I don't care about my games being priced fairy

Remember when Trump gave a speech on the holocaust and it literally left out the jews? and his administrations response was. "Well other people died too."

I'll never believe he has my rights or anyone's else in high regard until he gets rid of bannon, Miller, and removes Sessions from the DOJ. But we know none of that is happening.

Not to mention this man is STILL being divisive as fuck. It's not in his nature to unite.

At most. You know what. At most I'll say there are times when I DO think Trump is a bit genuine. Good or bad. He might have actually meant the words he said today, but that's all they are to him. Words. The man is literally influenced by the last person he speaks with or the last thing he saw. So right after all that Bannon is right back in his ear.

I'm not like allot of these other sags who just hate trump at every move and don't recognize him for doing something I perceived to be in the right direction.

You're right, you're like those other sags who don't understand the context of why he's saying this.

A real step (however small) in the right direction would be to apologize for his conduct during his most recent press conference. This is a sidestep to avoid responsibility. He doesn't deserve praise for saying he's going to stop anti-Semitism or defend the freedoms of black people when he's part of the problem and refuses to acknowledge that fact.

Praising him for this is every bit as stupid as when people praised him for waiving that LGBTQ flag around. He said some words, kept the person who made them meaningless (Mike Pence) around, and then proceeded to shit all over the rights of the people he said he was going to protect.

This is your worst Switch simile yet. Jesus.

If you're buying a Switch and the games and still care about fair prices, your opinion about pricing doesn't matter because at the end of the day, you're still willing to shell out the money for them in spite of however unfair you think the prices may be. And if your opinion does nothing to change your actions, it's an empty platitude that ultimately doesn't matter.

Usobuko

Banned
About the same equivalent of a kidnapper abusing the hostages and telling his/her victims how great the love for he/she has for them.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Remember when Trump gave a speech on the holocaust and it literally left out the jews? and his administrations response was. "Well other people died too."

I'll never believe he has my rights or anyone's else in high regard until he gets rid of bannon, Miller, and removes Sessions from the DOJ. But we know none of that is happening.

Not to mention this man is STILL being divisive as fuck. It's not in his nature to unite.

At most. You know what. At most I'll say there are times when I DO think Trump is a bit genuine. Good or bad. He might have actually meant the words he said today, but that's all they are to him. Words. The man is literally influenced by the last person he speaks with or the last thing he saw. So right after all that Bannon is right back in his ear.

I don't like trump. Didn't vote for him. I'm
Aware of Bannon and his cabinet picks. I'm just suggesting that we should give trump some credit when it's due. That's all I'm saying. Everything else he can be stupid on . Believe me we know he says dumb shit. But his statements I applaud. The buck stops with him at the end of the day despite his advisors.

Boke1879

I don't like trump. Didn't vote for him. I'm
Aware of Bannon and his cabinet picks. I'm just suggesting that we should give trump some credit when it's due. That's all I'm saying. Everything else he can be stupid on . Believe me we know he says dumb shit. But his statements I applaud. The buck stops with him at the end of the day despite his advisors.

You're right the buck does stop with him. So what has he done besides say a few good words? This is the same man that said Stop and Frisk need to be in Urban areas.

This is the same man about to roll back protections to the LGBTQ community. This is the same man that has put a target on American Muslims backs.

This is the same man that shook Obama's hand when they met. Said he was a "wonderful man" yet still throws him under the bus and trashes him when it's convenient. Words need to be put into action and so far his actions show his words are useless.

Nepenthe

I can't wait for the flood of fuckfaces to come in using these statements as proof that Fuhrer Trump really does care about minorities.

Deepwater

I think trumps comments are a step in the right direction. Defiantly a good thing he said. Let's see if his policies reflect that now. I didn't vote for trump myself and frankly don't really like him. But even I give him credit on these statements. Giving credit were credit is due. I'm not like allot of these other sags who just hate trump at every move and don't recognize him for doing something I perceived to be in the right direction.

Are you aware of the term, 'gaslighting'?

Mato

Right.

He's trying to make amends in an effort to legitimize his government in the eyes of his critics. It's just a front.

rec0ded1

Hmm let me take a guess at how this will go:

His supporters will cry, just as spicey said today, "it's ironic that no matter how many times he talks about this, it's never good enough." Guess what? now the Anne Frank Center will be deemed "politicized" along with Jews in general and that they're part of the media's smear campaign. The pepe army will be happy that they can now openly criticize Jews AND have the support from crazies saluting cardboard cutouts of trump. They won't take a step back and realize they're the baddies.

Tarydax

Banned

This is one of the more embarrassing things I've read on the internet.

If you care about Jewish people, you don't hire a known, unapologetic anti-semite as your campaign manager and right-hand man. That's all there is to it. And I'm curious, what did you have to say when Trump's team deliberately left out Jewish victims of the Holocaust in the White House's official statement? Because that was the first time an administration ever did something like that.

Jewish organizations and activists aren't taking this statement from Trump seriously when he, his supporters, his surrogates, and his team have a history of thinly-veiled (or in a lot of cases, blatant) anti-semitism. How can you say this is a step in the right direction when it's a step that every single administration has taken since the end of WW2?

If people weren't making noise about this, Trump would be content to say nothing at all. What would you have said then, if anything?

Toxi

Banned
If these words are the start of Trump turning over a new leaf and becoming a beacon of compassion, reason, and progress, I will happily admit I was unfair and should have embraced Trump instead of assuming the worst of him. I will also change my middle name to "Baron".

Jea Song

Did the right thing

If you care about Jewish people, you don't hire a known, unapologetic anti-semite as your campaign manager and right-hand man. That's all there is to it. And I'm curious, what did you have to say when Trump's team deliberately left out Jewish victims of the Holocaust in the White House's official statement? Because that was the first time an administration ever did something like that.

Jewish organizations and activists aren't taking this statement from Trump seriously when he, his supporters, his surrogates, and his team have a history of thinly-veiled (or in a lot of cases, blatant) anti-semitism.

Some of you guys are too much. Extreme even. It's almost remcent of those nuts who thought obama was going to take guns. My whole point is giving trump some fucking credit. I can't stand the guy. Do you understand this? I don't like him. Didn't vote for him. But I'm giving some credit for making a decent statement. Jesus fucking Christ guys.

This is the "Taco Bowl" incident all over again. The man celebrates the customs of the Mexican people and he still can't catch a break with our neighbors to the south. Look at the asshole Federal Judge that was giving him a hard time about his University, just because he wants to build a wall to protect the American people from rapists, drug dealers and I assume some good people. Trump tries so hard.

CD'S BAR

Jewish organizations and activists aren't taking this statement from Trump seriously when he, his supporters, his surrogates, and his team have a history of thinly-veiled (or in a lot of cases, blatant) anti-semitism.

Bannon has a concerning background obviously but himself Trump doesn't really have a history of anti-semitism. Not that it necessarily balances his cabinet picks but Trump's golden boy son-in-law is Jewish from an orthodox family, and he and Ivanka married at a Jewish ceremony. And at the end of the day, since we are talking about the emptiness of words, what has Trump or even Bannon done in action that is anti-semitic? You're free to think what your want and express your view as long as you don't act on it illegally, regardless of how abhorrent those views might be.

Some of you guys are too much. Extreme even. It's almost remcent of those nuts who thought obama was going to take guns. My whole point is giving trump some fucking credit. I can't stand the guy. Do you understand this? I don't like him. Didn't vote for him. But I'm giving some credit for making a decent statement. Jesus fucking Christ guys.

Surprise, surprise, nobody wants to give you credit when your entire character and the people you surround yourself with run counter to whatever you're saying.

Give Trump credit for what realistically should be expected of him? This is like expecting a reward because you had the decency to offer someone condolences if a loved one died.

Slayven

Credit for these words when he hasn't apologize for calling for a modern day lynching with the Central Park 5?

Yea because he says some dumb shit. This is not one of those things. For a guy who says dumb shit all the time it's ok to give credit . Geez

I'm not giving someone credit for doing the bare minimum of what a decent human should be expected to. I'm sorry but that's bullshit. And it's fucking stupid that the bar has been lowered for Trump that much.

Ponn

Banned

Give him credit and leave if thats really all you wanted to do. Now you are arguing and defending though because people are giving their opinions on why THEY don't don't trust someone who aligns themselves with white nationalists, bigots, hasn't done shit in the last month except go on vacay every weekend and try and ban muslims and constantly lies about everything. Surprise surprise, people aren't willing to give him credit till he actually DOES something.

Tarydax

Banned

Nice job not addressing the content of my post.

It doesn't matter that you don't like Trump, or that you didn't vote for him. You're still twisting yourself into a pretzel, here. So he made one decent statement? What does that matter when he tweeted anti-semitic images, retweeted known Neo-Nazis, and hired anti-semites for his campaign? These are actions that he has taken, whereas this statement is just a bunch of empty words. When he actually does something about his and his team's anti-semitism - when he stops trying to defend white nationalists that are burning down synagogues and spraying Nazi graffiti all over the place, then I'll be willing to hold my nose and give him some kind of credit. He's never going to do that, though.

I'll ask again: what did you have to say when Trump's team deliberately left out Jewish holocaust victims in the White House's statement? What did you have to say when his was the only administration that has ever done that? Explain why Trump deserves a pat on the back for finally relenting and doing the right thing even though it's what every single administration has done since after WW2.

What Trump does goes beyond saying dumb shit and goes into doing evil dumb shit (or mostly doing nothing at all to help the victims of his supporters). I mean, he's hired more than one known anti-semite and more than one person who has retweeted white supremacists. A nice statement doesn't make all that go away.

BigDes

Sack Sessions, Miller and Bannon and maybe I will think you aren't just lying through your teeth you bloated tannery offcut

Tevious

I had a double take with the thread title. Maybe I'm just used to hearing the opposite about him, so I interpreted the thread title as Trump praises anti-semitism, condemns African America museum.

Somehow, I don't think he's sincere in those remarks.

Mizerman

Yea because he says some dumb shit. This is not one of those things. For a guy who says dumb shit all the time it's ok to give credit . Geez

No. Unlike you, I don't give pity credits to those who say basic things, yet has actually done anything positive about it.

No. You're allowed to fall into empty promises or platitudes, but don't expect those who see through BS do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom