• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Firing Flynn was a mistake

Two days after firing Michael Flynn as his national security adviser in February, President Donald Trump told several aides and friends he should have kept him instead.

Trump, several people close to him say, sometimes appears to question decisions even after they’ve been made. He told New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie that he could still be labor secretary even after he’d publicly named Alexander Acosta to the role. He privately told former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani he could potentially still name him as attorney general after he’d offered Jeff Sessions to the job.

But the Flynn situation has been different, several officials and advisers said. “I was kind of stunned,” one person said. “I asked him. You fired him already. What are you going to do?”

Trump has grown obsessed with defending the tough-talking 58-year old general, repeatedly telling aides and associates in private that Flynn was a “good man.” One adviser close to Trump said he’s heard Trump defend the general using the exact words described in reports of memos written by former FBI director James Comey recording his conversations with the president – and that Trump has told people inside the White House he wished the investigation would go away.

It has left White House officials and outside advisers perplexed: why is Trump so determined to defend a man at the center of a federal investigation that is damaging his administration, and a man he has accused of lying to his vice president?

More batshit crazy here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/19/trump-michael-flynn-firing-mistake-aides-23861

So he fired him, a day later asks Comey to drop the investigation and gets turned down, two days later he says firing him was a mistake? I wonder how he reached that conclusion lol

"Hiring the man bought out by Russia and I was consistently warned about by Yates and Obama was just fine and I was benefiting a lot from the fact that he was a stooge. It was firing him that was the mistake."

Gee, I wonder why he would be uniquely obsessed with protecting Flynn?

Oh, I know! He must have recognized in him true purity of heart, the one-in-a-million heroic quality that must be preserved at all costs! He knew it was his one chance to redeem himself for his life of villainy!

Or, wait, it's probably the Russian thing.

Amir0x

Banned
I wonder what combination of neurons didn't quite work in order to get someone to the age of 70+ who is this immature, ignorant and stupid.

Like seriously I remember when Bush being dumb was the go-to joke, but that seems positively quaint now. Bush is an ivy league genius by comparison to Trump. There will never be a floor lower than this blubberous jerk off.

Monocle

No, it was a brilliant move, a genius move. Quick, let's everybody dig through old r/the_donald comments to see what an absolutely inspired move it was.

Smart president. Bestest president. Most precious Commander in Chief.

Article makes it sound like Trump has alzheimers or something. "I can appoint you Attorney General!" right after appointing sessions. Dude needs his head examined literally and figuratively at this point.

Yes, FIRING him was the mistake you dumb piece of shit...

You've got to imagine that in his head all of this comes down to that decision.

vordhosbn

Banned
No, it was a brilliant move, a genius move. Quick, let's everybody dig through old r/the_donald comments to see what an absolutely inspired move it was.

Smart president. Bestest president. Most precious Commander in Chief.

Going to th_donald will soon be like checking what Milo Yiannopolous's has said on twitter regarding topic x.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I started reading this thinking "Comey" for some reason and went in with a "no kidding" mindset.

Firing Flynn was the mistake now? Putting him in place in the first place after being warned of the irregularities was the mistake. And firing Comey of course.

Going to th_donald will soon be like checking what Milo Yiannopolous's has said on twitter regarding topic x.
For added context for non redditors, some the_donald mods got banned for doxxing and being shitcunts so they decided to go private for 24 hours to "kill reddit". Turns out its really nice without their screaming.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Not a psychology expert but it feels like he wants to please everyone he talks to and explodes at people who he feels have wronged him. The Khizr Khan fiasco is a great example, all he had to do was shut up but he ended up almost destroying his campaign.

It's ridiculous that he doesn't understand you can't hire a person who's on the payroll of another country to a top spot in the US government.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Had to do a double take on that title. For a second thought meant Comey. Holy shit lol.. This guy is on another dimension.

theWB27

Not a psychology expert but it feels like he wants to please everyone he talks to and explodes at people who he feels have wronged him. The Khizr Khan fiasco is a great example, all he had to do was shut up but he ended up almost destroying his campaign.

It's ridiculous that he doesn't understand you can't hire a person who's on the payroll of another country to a top spot in the US government.

Happens when you have people like dead eyes telling you the president's authority can't be qeustioned. Reality is a helluva drug.

abundant

Is he in love with Flynn? I can't see any other explanation for why he keeps burying himself deeper for this idiot

Only speculating here, but I think either Flynn has dirt on Trump and he's afraid that he'll flip and spill the beans or Flynn was the key piece of the Russian Collusion and without him, Trump doesn't know what to do.

He was also upset that Sessions recused himself. He genuinely doesnt understand why his administration cant get away with doings things illegally when hes been doing things illegally for 70 years, and has been rewarded greatly for it.

He was also upset that Sessions recused himself. He genuinely doesnt understand why his administration cant get away with doings things illegally when hes been doing things illegally for 70 years, and has been rewarded greatly for it.

Excellent point. It's also the reason why private businessmen should generally never run for political office.

Top Bottom