• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Firing Flynn was a mistake

jstripes

Banned
Trump over the past week:

200.gif

I don't think Trump is mentally capable of acknowledging he's made a mistake. It's always going to be someone else's fault things didn't turn out the way he wanted. He made the right choice, some stupid rule got in the way of it.

Remember, he's "being treated more unfairly than any politician in history."

Fox news: "He's the president! He's a big man for admitting his mistakes. He has admitted more mistakes than Hillary and Obama!"

"Thankfully we'll never make a list and compare those mistakes and admissions because that would take work and might actually prove that this isn't true. Might even take more work since we'll undoubtedly fudge the idea of what we consider a 'mistake'. And somehow also we ignore the frequency and seriousness of mistakes made within Trump's first 4 months in comparison to entire tenures of Obama and Hillary within government. But sure. Trump is the bigger man and all of us here at Fox masturbate furiously to the thought of him simultaneously being our strong, manly fathers, sons and boyfriends."

gcubed

I'm sure he hates McMaster, so that doesn't help. They pretty much iced out his team from these meetings.

If you are going to go down, go down with friends. He only has like 3 of them

Trump should seriously consider having an MRI. I think he is either going senile or have dementia. Extreme cases it could be a brain tumor. It's the only way this makes any fucking sense.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
While in the White House, when Flynn was still there, he called him at 3am to ask him if a strong dollar was good or bad.

Why?

Because he wanted to know what "the big boss" wanted to do with the dollar, and Flynn was the go-between guy to figure out what policies the big boss would favor.

Flynn knowing he was being taped told him "that's not my expertise, ask an economist", and then purposely told people about the phone call the next day (which is how it got to the press) to make sure it didn't look like he was trying to hide the conversation.

He's trying to openly defend Flynn as much as possible because he's afraid Flynn will talk.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Trump should seriously consider having an MRI. I think he is either going senile or have dementia. Extreme cases it could be a brain tumor. It's the only way this makes any fucking sense.

An easily manipulated ego leading dangerous levels of corruption and illicit motives works equally as an explanation.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Basically, it's why he constantly relives his victories and says the same stuff over and over. It's pretty disconcerting.
This will annoy me a lot if such a shitbag gets to crazy card his way out of this

WedgeX

Banned
While in the White House, when Flynn was still there, he called him at 3am to ask him if a strong dollar was good or bad.

Why?

Because he wanted to know what "the big boss" wanted to do with the dollar, and Flynn was the go-between guy to figure out what policies the big boss would favor.

Flynn knowing he was being taped told him "that's not my expertise, ask an economist", and then purposely told people about the phone call the next day (which is how it got to the press) to make sure it didn't look like he was trying to hide the conversation.

He's trying to openly defend Flynn as much as possible because he's afraid Flynn will talk.

I..uh...damn.

This will annoy me a lot if such a shitbag gets to crazy card his way out of this

Same. People are and, due to Sessions' continued war on drugs, will spend decades in jail for crimes barely worth getting angru about. And a supposed "genius businessman" flubs his way into the presidency, literally uses it to prop up his failing family name and nearly manages to sell us out to a hostile foreign power gets to say "I'm sorry I'm crazy" gets to keep his money and essentially never has to pay for putting our nation at risk. That outcome would be symbolic of the hypocritical husk that was once a country with potential.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I wonder what combination of neurons didn't quite work in order to get someone to the age of 70+ who is this immature, ignorant and stupid.

Like seriously I remember when Bush being dumb was the go-to joke, but that seems positively quaint now. Bush is an ivy league genius by comparison to Trump. There will never be a floor lower than this blubberous jerk off.

You just had to go and push it, eh?

iosefe

Why?

You might be on to something with this

FyreWulff

this is why businessmen shouldn't run government. they love to double or triple promise jobs to everything to keep BUs/deals running, doesn't work in govt

Amir0x

Banned
You just had to go and push it, eh?

Not sure what i pushed in correctly labeling Trump yet another 100% accurate insult!

There are so many accurate insults to choose from. Really an embarrassment of riches. One of the few good things about this monster!

louiedog

Trump should be a new character on the next season of arrested development. He's a Bluth through and through.

I can't believe they didn't renew Braindead. Last season was during the campaign and they'd just have background TVs with a Trump speech on saying insane things. The show was about brain eating bugs from space taking over through politics and there's so much potential for background news reports talking about meddling in the election, compromised white house aides, etc. that they could play without the Russian context that would be great.

Kyzer

Banned

Why?

But what's the point of asking for no answer

Condom

this is why businessmen shouldn't run government. they love to double or triple promise jobs to everything to keep BUs/deals running, doesn't work in govt
What's also clear is that he has no knowledge on power structures. Companies are mostly authoritarian structures while in government there are power bases everywhere. You being the president doesn't mean officials are only loyal to you, they have other leaders.
You're not the only boss in town and everybody has their own issues to deal with. Trump simply does not understand that.

FyreWulff

What's also clear is that he has no knowledge on power structures. Companies are mostly authoritarian structures while in government there are power bases everywhere. You being the president doesn't mean officials are only loyal to you, they have other leaders.
You're not the only boss in town and everybody has their own issues to deal with. Trump simply does not understand that.

that too.. massive yes man culture at the top of corps. also doesn't work for government. he's also used to telling people to do something via edict and "work it later", he's always sheltered from the actual outcome win or lose. can't do that in govt

I legit thought I read "firing Comey was a mistake" before I clicked.

Those 1.2 seconds will probably be the longest time that I've ever felt something slightly positive about Trump for the forseeable future.

Andrin

Not sure what i pushed in correctly labeling Trump yet another 100% accurate insult!

There are so many accurate insults to choose from. Really an embarrassment of riches. One of the few good things about this monster!

I believe that he was insinuating that you just dared the universe to provide someone even worse than Trump, and not that the insult had crossed some kind of line.

shiba5

I think he means you're tempting fate by making that statement. Remember, Louie Gohmert aka "The dumbest man in D.C." still exists.

"Works" for Putin's government which he admires so much.

Well, Putin's is run as a sort of capitalist mafia under the guise of "Hey, remember communism?" and led by a man who used to be in the KGB and was head of the FSB in the 90s...basically someone who, even if super greedy and evil etc, is still an order of magnitude smarter than Trump.

ICO_SotC

One adviser close to Trump said he’s heard Trump defend the general using the exact words described in reports of memos written by former FBI director James Comey recording his conversations with the president

Interesting that an "adviser close to Trump" has seen the Comey memos, and is willing to confirm their accuracy.

digdug2k

But the Flynn situation has been different, several officials and advisers said. “I was kind of stunned,” one person said. “I asked him. You fired him already. What are you going to do?”
Doesn't this pretty much out whoever this source is, or are they just confident Trump won't remember the conversation? How could you not remember that conversation.

He was also upset that Sessions recused himself. He genuinely doesnt understand why his administration cant get away with doings things illegally when hes been doing things illegally for 70 years, and has been rewarded greatly for it.

This. It's gonna end his presidency, one way or another.

For some reason I read that as the thread title and thought someone had talked sense into the orange turd.

So glad it's not that.
My exact reaction - I came straight into the thread thinking "he admitted a legit mistake? I can't believe it!" And of course I was wrong. He literally disappoints on every possible level doesn't he!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

It used to be glaringly obvious that government cannot be run as a business but 100 years of lobbying has changed that assumption for millions of Americans who actually don't understand how business or government work anyway.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
But what's the point of asking for no answer

What do you mean? He called Flynn at 3am because he's an idiot, thinking "people are asleep at this time, it's secret hour!". Flynn was caught off guard, like "How stupid is this guy calling me FROM THE WHITE HOUSE AT 3AM TO ASK ME ABOUT THIS?" he's the NSA and not supposed to give him advice on that. So Flynn just acts coy and says he doesn't know and should ask an economist. Trump was reportedly a bit upset at Flynn not giving him an answer, as if it was normal for Flynn to usually give him advice on any topic and he suddenly didn't understand why Flynn was telling him to ask someone else all of a sudden, maybe even on a topic they had already talked about before.

There is no reason at all that we should know about this conversation, only Trump and Flynn would know about it, if it's true, unless Flynn then told other people. Why would he tell anyone "Hey Trump called me last night at 3am to ask if we need a strong or weak dollar, lol, I told him to ask an advisor! Silly guy!"?

Let's take an example. Assume there is suspicion that a coach and a ref have been colluding in hockey matches to rig things up, a criminal investigation is going on, and one day the coach calls the referee at 3am:

Coach: "Hey bud, who should I put on the first line tomorrow? I forgot."
Ref: "Err I don't know, I'm just a referee, you should consult your assistants."
Coach: "Uh? Why? Why won't you tell me? I'm just wondering, Deharnais or Gallagher? I don't remember."
Ref: "Goodnight sir."
Coach: "What? Hey bud help me out here."
*click*

Next morning, the ref shows up at the arena, and as they prepare for the game he goes around telling people:
Ref: "Hey buds, last night, the Hab's coach called me to ask who he should put on his first line. Told him to consult his team you know, who am I to tell him? ha! Crazy ol Habs coach right?"
Why? Because he now makes a conversation that should be kept secret public, because doing otherwise would just reinforce the fact that he kept this very strange conversation secret. He passes it off as the coach being dumb and nothing more. Keeping it secret until it's eventually revealed would put him in trouble, a prosecutor would grill him on it. "Do you think it's normal? Why didn't you tell anyone then?".

Sure maybe Trump is just really fucking stupid and Flynn told people, making Trump look stupid, but considering their relationship I doubt it. I think Trump consulted with Flynn on any policies before he got elected, and we can imagine how Flynn figured what policies Trump should follow. Trump was just too stupid to stop doing so straight up from the White House's phone line once he got in, and called him at 3am to ask him about dollar policy. "What? He's my advisor guy, I can ask him this stuff."

I'm 99% sure that Flynn was supplying Trump with spycam nudes of Ivanka

I can't think of any other reason why he'd be so fucking dumb about this

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Well, when somebody worse than old Trumpotron comes up, I'll be quoting you, :lol

Top Bottom