• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump goes after Michelle Obama for campaigning on behalf of Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
His desperation grows by the day he's going after Michelle Obama now. Be glad when this clown finally goes down this election is like a bad comedy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37734628

US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has launched a rare attack on Michelle Obama, saying "all she wants to do is campaign" for his rival.

He also accused the first lady of attacking Hillary Clinton in 2007 by invoking a line she had said about fitness to run the White House.

The Obama campaign had denied the line referred to Mrs Clinton.
Mrs Clinton, meanwhile, accused Mr Trump of threatening democracy if he did not accept the election result.

"We know the difference between leadership and dictatorship, and the peaceful transition of power is one of the things that sets us apart," she told a crowd in Cleveland, Ohio.
"Donald Trump refused to say that he'd respect the results of this election. By doing that, he's threatening our democracy."

Hillary Clinton was campaigning in the key swing state of Ohio
At his own rally in North Carolina, Donald Trump told supporters, "I see how much [Michelle Obama] likes Hillary."
"But wasn't she the one that originally started the statement, 'If you can't take care of your home,' right? 'You can't take care of the White House or the country?' Where's that? I don't hear that. I don't hear that."
Is Michelle Obama Hillary Clinton's biggest asset?
Trump v Clinton: Who won the debate?
Trump raises spectre of 'imposter presidents'
What if Trump refuses to accept defeat?

Clinton's not-so-secret weapon in Arizona: Michelle Obama

The New York businessman was referring to a remark Mrs Obama made in 2007 while campaigning for her husband, who was running against Mrs Clinton.

The first lady said: "If you can't run your own house, you certainly can't run the White House".
Some critics asked whether the comment had been aimed at Mrs Clinton's relationship with her husband, former President Bill Clinton.

But the Obama campaign maintained the line was not directed at the Clintons and instead referred to their own struggle with parenting during a campaign.
"So, we've adjusted our schedules to make sure that our girls are first, so while he's traveling around, I do day trips," Mrs Obama continued in her 2007 speech.
"That means I get up in the morning, I get the girls ready, I get them off, I go and do trips, I'm home before bedtime."

Mr Trump was back on the campaign trail a day after he and Mrs Clinton appeared together at the Alfred E Smith Memorial Foundation charity dinner in New York City.
The event, which takes place during election years, offers presidential candidates a chance to crack jokes about one another.
But Alfred E Smith V told CNN on Friday Mr Trump had "crossed the line and took it a little too far".
"The room did get a little uncomfortable," he added.

Donald Trump: "Hillary is so corrupt she got kicked off the Watergate commission."

What happens next?

The two candidates will spend the remaining 18 days before the election criss-crossing the US in their bid to persuade undecided voters. Expect to see lots of appearances in battleground states such as Ohio, North Carolina, Florida and Pennsylvania
Voters will go to the polls on Tuesday 8 November to decide who becomes the 45th president of the US

The new president will be inaugurated on 20 January 2017

Legitimately surprised he hasn't given up by now with all his constant whining. I'm not even American and I'll be happy when this headache is over.

Trump has a very thin skin, which is why he won't shut up. Expect him to not stop after the election is over for months as well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Why is this whiny little bitch supposed to be a strong, authoritarian power candidate?

Good idea, Trump. Go after another woman who can verbally castrate you, only now she's, generally, very well liked by the general public. This is a great stragety directly after shitting yourself at a charity event after a stinging loss at the final debate while being at war with your own party. This can only end well.

Imagine a sexist like trump getting double teamed by two women in the national stage.

He must be SEETHING. Nothing short of amazing. I've been high on his slow downfall ever since the first debate.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Imagine a sexist like trump getting double teamed by two women in the national stage.

He must be SEETHING. Nothing short of amazing. I've been high on his slow downfall ever since the first debate.

He's also feuded multiple times with Elizabeth Warren when she called him out on his various tantrums.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Up until a month ago, you spent all of her husband's time as president creating a fearmongering campaign built on the idea that he wasn't actually an American citizen. Why the fuck would she spend any time campaigning for you let alone not put energy toward making sure you never touch the same seat her husband did? She's going to embarrass the fuck out of you in any way she can

Veelk

Banned
Trump might actually back off. At this point, I think it's clear he's fucking terrified of Hillary and the democratic party. He'll keep going after Hillary, but he might try to avoid provoking Michelle.

Or....

Or maybe I'm wrong, and the fact that he's losing will finally get to him as election day counts down and he does go after her, and obama, and drops all pretense. Maybe he'll call them racial slurs, uses sexist swearing, all that to finally explode in one big fiery catastrophy of a presidential campaign that incinerates the GOP along with him.

I don't understand the point in all this. Even if Michelle Obama did say those things, who gives a shit. They moved on like adults.

Hell, most of Trumps followers were people that talked mad shit about him before he got the nomination.

Apt101

If his staff were worth half a damn they would have forced him not to go after another woman - period. But he has to have the thinnest skin of any narcissist on earth so maybe they tried and he just couldn't help himself.

Veelk

Banned
I would love to see Donald attempt to say that to Michelle's face.

I kind of noticed that in the debates. When he insults her, he's usually talking to the audience, not directly to her. "Such a nasty woman" and so on. I might be wrong, but off hand, the only thing I think he said directly to her is "In 30 years, you never got anything done".

I sat down and watched the New Hampshire speech by Michelle. Oh my god. So powerful. I've studied some rhetorics and that was pretty much flawless.

He isn't going away if he loses. Neither will the alt-right.

Am sad.

The alt-right will still be around, mainly because they were here before Trump and their existance is more complicated than 'they love Trump.'

Trump himself, though? Eh, I'm not sure to be honest. I think after all this, he'll still probably try and be around to some degree, but I expect the media and the GOP heirarchy will smoother him, and without them he'll be limited. As clueless as he often is, when he fails at something, he rarely tries again, which is why there's not a Trump Airlines, part II. He goes into denial and tries something else, so I could easily see him move on completely from politics and just harp on about it time and again.

While 08 was a contentious battle and I don't believe for a second that Michelle Obama "likes" Hillary Clinton, that quote is clearly not an attack. The rest of the quote makes it pretty clear she's talking about herself and Barack.

Linkyn

I wish I didn't have crippling anxiety what with all these campaign stops in Ohio.

I wouldn't worry too much. Unless Trump manages to get Ohio and Florida and North Carolina and Nevada and New Hampshire, Clinton gets to 270 almost by default, and if she takes either Arizona or Iowa, there is close to no way Trump can get a majority of electoral college votes.

In fact, if I only count states where either candidate has at least a 5-point lead, Clinton already has over 270 votes. People just need to turn out to vote.

This is all assuming, of course, that there is no major scandal for either campaign yet to come.

My fear is, after the election, he doesn't go away. The mainstream media probably won't cover him as much, so he may start saying more and more outlandish things. His supporters aren't going anywhere, and at this point they aren't necessarily in support of the GOP any longer. I'll be happy when the election is over, but not without a lingering fear of what he'll do next.

Cerium

When will she be running then?

WpR4D.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom