• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "I'd win 95% of the black vote in 2020." Pence: "LOL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Donald Trump’s delusion has led him to claim that he would win over 95 percent of the black vote if he were to run for president in 2020.

Well, currently, Trump has only 8 percent of the black vote in his current bid for presidency, according to a recent poll by NBC News. That considered (as well as the divisive and racist rhetoric he’s consistently spewing), one, including his running mate Gov. Mike Pence, can’t help but laugh out loud at Trump’s latest outrageous claim.

Pence responded to Trump’s overly-ambitious statement in amusement in an interview with Fox News on Monday.

When asked by Fox News host Ainsley Earhardt why he laughed, Pence said, “Well, that’s Donald Trump.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9dXUKeJKE
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-win-black-voters_us_57bc74f6e4b03d51368ae658

Negative -95% maybe

Love Pence's response, too. I mean, his guy has done an astonishing job keeping a straight face as he's tried to follow the stink of his co-runner, but even he couldn't keep the poker face with this shit

Daingurse

How in the world does Trump have 8% of the black vote?

tumblr_mu4qz51CPX1svpvevo4_250.gif

But yeah that sounds off, Trump will be lucky to get 2% lol.

tokkun

Does he have some crazy rationale for that claim?

He is just saying that if given a chance, he wouldl be such a great President in his first 4 years that he will win all the people opposing him over to his side. It isn't meant to be taken literally, so there is no reason to overthink it.

olympia

How in the world does Trump have 8% of the black vote?

this is the rationale being that trump's wall will prevent immigrants from coming in and taking the low skill minimum wage jobs away from black communities

this is what they are running with

Bladenic

I know 8% is extremely low, but part of me is still like "who are those people that are voting for him and what is their thought process?" Wonder what the Latino vote outlook is for him.

It wasn't looking good until Trump had an epiphany. A simple plea that spoke to people's sense of urgency and calmed their anxieties, used throughout the ages by great leaders all over the world when the chips were down and the people were looking for answers. For inspiration.

"What have you got to lose?"

Either that or "Whatever happens, happens"

Mr.Mike

What percentage of the black vote does the Republican Party usually get? And has there been any research into what proportion of black voters wouldn't vote Republican despite having conservative values / political beliefs? Definitely seems like there could have been a path for the GOP to get some of the minority vote.

mo60

What percentage of the black vote does the Republican Party usually get? And has there been any research into what proportion of black voters wouldn't vote Republican despite having conservative values / political beliefs. Definitely seems like there could have been a path for the GOP to get some of the minority vote (that path seems to be gone now).

5%% to 10% usually now since the 2004 election. Sometimes in some elections they get above 10%, but this is now really rare.

Slayven

Where are people getting 8 percent from? He is polling on average 2% and a lot of states lower.

I get the vibe that Pence feels like he's slowly dying in the sun

I would love to see the moment when Pence realized he hooked his little red wagon to an anchor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom