• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump is the only president not to reach 50 percent approval during first 6 months

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...dent-not-to-reach-50-percent-approv/23044194/

President Donald Trump's historically low job approval numbers have been a persistent thorn in the administration's side since January, and now according to Gallup, Trump is the first U.S. president not to at least reach a 50 percent job approval rating in his first six months in office.

Last week Trump crossed the six-month mark with 37 percent of Americans approving of the job he's doing, according to Gallup daily tracking poll. While 58 percent of those polled said they disapprove.

Trump entered the White House with a record low job approval rating of just 45 percent, a number he has struggled to climb back to throughout the early months of his first term, only reaching it one other time back in March.

For comparison, six months into former President Barack Obama's first term he held a 56 percent approval rating. And the previous Republican president before Trump, George W. Bush, also sat at 56 percent at this same point, according to Gallup which has been tracking presidential approval ratings since Harry S. Truman.

Sixty-seven percent of Americans approved of President Jimmy Carter six months into his only term.

lush

But...

5Pp9OKE.png

JettDash

Trump probably figured that once he became president, he would finally receive the adulation and respect he feels he deserves.

LOL

Pilgrimzero

The movies and tv and books about this massive cluster fuck will be amazing.

To bad it's ruined our standing in the world.

Theonik

Trump probably figured that once he became president, he would finally receive the adulation and respect he feels he deserves.

LOL
I mean that's why he run. Dude is a narcissist.
His first days in office and his term since has been him trying to use his powers to go after anyone that's ever insulted him including Obama by trying to reverse his entire legacy.

Linkark07

Banned
He should be proud of that. First president ever to not reach 50% in the first 6 months. A milestone, only done by Trump. All other Presidents should be ashamed.

Just stumbled upon this picture again and I know exactly how the conversation went before they agreed to meet.

"Don't worry Mit, there won't be media or photographers" - Trump
"Ok Mr. President, I'll be there, hoping to reach mutual agreements tonight" - Romney

Meeting occurs, Trump invites a photographer to further embarrass Romney. The picture captures it all.

DFgH-HwXkAAEGeE.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Now would be a good time to trot out those inauguration pics again. Not as many people came to his inauguration because they were working, I'm sure the same can be said of these polls.

/s

I'm not really that phased that about a third of the country approves of him. Republicans have already made it clear that they'll stan for anything with an (R) next to its name, and his favorables have only gotten worse as time goes on. We're only six months in and he's already breaking records in unlikability.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finally, an achievement. I was beginning to think he wasn't going to accomplish anything in his first six months.

DrkSage

The movies and tv and books about this massive cluster fuck will be amazing.

To bad it's ruined our standing in the world.

Then he'll start saying how the movies, tv shows, and books about his failure as a president are such a huge success that everyone should go see/read them because well... "They're about me"

Top Bottom