• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, Pence meeting in New York on Cabinet picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

I find it terrifying that a lot of Americans say 'let's give him a chance'.
This man will ruin America, and take the world down with him. Now is absolutely not the time to normalise him and his ilk.

I mean what other options are there? I could keep panicking, but I still have a day job.

He's busy tweeting in NYC

GF6T3J.png

Ah, good to have Agent Orange back on Twitter regularly.

Can't wait for some more SAD! comments from him.

And people wonder why the right feels unrepresented by the left.... I wouldnt want to vote for any candidate that refer to rural people that way either.

Likewise I wouldn't vote for any candidate who has basically said racist insulting things about everyone not white.

sflufan

Banned
I'm ALMOST kinda/sorta OK with Bolton as Secretary of State because at least he knows something about foreign relations.

I mean, what he knows is pretty damned awful, but at least it's something!

RPGCrazied

I'm ALMOST kinda/sorta OK with Bolton as Secretary of State because at least he knows something about foreign relations.

I mean, what he knows is pretty damned awful, but at least it's something!

You will get a war with Bolton. You know that right?

sflufan

Banned
You will get a war with Bolton. You know that right?

Look, I've resigned myself to getting some kind of war with President Elect Trumpster Fire in any event. I might as well get a war by someone who can make up "legitimate" reasons for the war than someone who blindly blunders into it!

Jeff Sessions, Attorney General candidate: Waged a war against Black civil rights activists in Alabama, thinks civil rights legislation was "intrusive" & called Whites who supported it "race traitors." Said he thought the Klan "wasnt so bad" until he found out some Klansmen he knew smoked marijuana. During the Reagan years, he failed his confirmation hearing for a bench as a Federal judge, because of unrepentant, racially charged remarks.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, possible Head of Homeland Security: "America's toughest Sheriff"- Openly supports racial profiling, proudly makes life a living hell for his prisoners. An original Birther, who, as of September, was still on the case for Obama's "real" birth certificate

Sheriff David "tell it like it is" Clarke, possible Head of Homeland Security: Compares BLM to ISIS and other Islamic terror groups & branded it a collections of thugs & lawbreakers out to destroy America. Thinks "police brutality ended in the 1960s", though he himself faces questions over a Black prisoner who died in his custody, having been deprived of food & water.

Mayor Guiliani: Thinks "Black people get shot police because they arent raising their kids to respect cops" & that he's "saved more Black lives" than any mayor in America, due to a campaign of aggressive, discriminatory policing he presided over in 90s New York.

Interesting tidbit from the WAPO on why Christie is no longer doing the transition team:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1b2f40-ab2f-11e6-8b45-f8e493f06fcd_story.html

Talkingpointsmemo.com focused on a pretty scary part of the that article::

A former U.S. official with ties to the Trump team described the ousters of Rogers and others as a “bloodletting of anybody that associated in any way on the transition with Christie,” and said that the departures were engineered by two Trump loyalists who have taken control of who will get national security posts in the administration: retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Rogers had no prior significant ties to Christie but had been recruited to join the Trump team as an adviser by the former New Jersey governor. At least three other Christie associates were also pushed aside, former officials said, apparently in retaliation for Christie’s role as a U.S. prosecutor in sending Kushner’s father to prison.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/here-s-how-bad-it-is

So, Trump's son-in-law and now Presidential adviser looking for Top Secret clearance, who's father is a convicted criminal, is getting revenge against the man, Chris Christie, who put him in jail.

Nepotism 101

kess

Dunno, with the dirt Christie has on the Kushners, Trump might want to see to it that Christie doesn't start to piss inside the tent, as it were.

Caelus

Jeff Sessions, Attorney General candidate: Waged a war against Black civil rights activists in Alabama, thinks civil rights legislation was "intrusive" & called Whites who supported it "race traitors." Said he thought the Klan "wasnt so bad" until he found out some Klansmen he knew smoked marijuana. During the Reagan years, he failed his confirmation hearing for a bench as a Federal judge, because of unrepentant, racially charged remarks.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, possible Head of Homeland Security: "America's toughest Sheriff"- Openly supports racial profiling, proudly makes life a living hell for his prisoners. An original Birther, who, as of September, was still on the case for Obama's "real" birth certificate

Sheriff David "tell it like it is" Clarke, possible Head of Homeland Security: Compares BLM to ISIS and other Islamic terror groups & branded it a collections of thugs & lawbreakers out to destroy America. Thinks "police brutality ended in the 1960s", though he himself faces questions over a Black prisoner who died in his custody, having been deprived of food & water.

Mayor Guiliani: Thinks "Black people get shot police because they arent raising their kids to respect cops" & that he's "saved more Black lives" than any mayor in America, due to a campaign of aggressive, discriminatory policing he presided over in 90s New York.

I'm in a very, very dark place right now... fuck this. :(

Steejee

I never thought I'd pine for Christie to have more influence, but here we are. He's a prick, but he at least understands how non-insane government works and limits his retaliation to subtle shit.

The number of people being pushed out by that purge seems to grow - I had seen two earlier today then just Christie at first. Guess the Trumps married into 'petty and vindictive' in addition to being born into it.

It really is getting to the point that the EC doing their actual jobs and dropping the unqualified/dangerous person, even at the risk of a crisis, could be preferable to this. I could only see that happening if Trump has a straight up public mental breakdown between now and when the EC votes, but I'm praying for that now. And I'm an atheist.

On one slightly optimistic note, I don't expect Arpaio or Clarke to get those positions. While I'm sure they're 'in the mix', there are a few somewhat sane (if outlandishly dickish) people near Trump who'd see them more as a liability than a benefit - particularly the rather senile Arpaio.

Interesting tidbit from the WAPO on why Christie is no longer doing the transition team:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1b2f40-ab2f-11e6-8b45-f8e493f06fcd_story.html

Talkingpointsmemo.com focused on a pretty scary part of the that article::

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/here-s-how-bad-it-is

So, Trump's son-in-law and now Presidential adviser looking for Top Secret clearance, who's father is a convicted criminal, is getting revenge against the man, Chris Christie, who put him in jail.

Nepotism 101
Ive read on Weekly Standard that Mike Rogers was jettisoned because of the report he wrote on the Benghazi embassy attack and how it flew in the face of this conspiracy theory that Hillary's state department ordered embassy staff to "stand down"

Anarky

Banned

....ffffffffuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkk. Life is about to get very very bad for us minorities

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Donald Trump narrows candidates to lead Treasury and Commerce, major backer says

President-elect Donald Trump appears close to filling two key Cabinet positions with veteran investors who have close ties to Wall Street, according to one of his major donors and longtime business partners.
“Everybody says, 'Oh he’s going to slap a 45 percent tariff on everything out of China.' That’s not what he said, and it’s not what he intends,” Ross said.

Both Ross and Mnuchin are well-known on Wall Street. Mnuchin followed in his father’s footsteps by joining Goldman Sachs, eventually rising to become chief information officer in 1999. He later founded a private-equity firm, Dune Capital, and led the purchase of now-defunct subprime-mortgage lender IndyMac during the financial crisis. Mnuchin also helped finance blockbuster Hollywood movies such as “Avatar” and “Suicide Squad.”
Uh.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It doesn't matter to Trump's electorate that he would hire establishment folks. The reasoning is that it's fine as long as Trump is in charge. That's why Trump can get away with anything; people desperately want corruption and lobbyists out of congress, and they think Trump can deliver on that, not based on who works for him, simply based on him being the boss. It is the single issue on which he absolutely has to deliver, and it's the one that is most likely to lead him into a confrontation with congress and his own party if he actually tries to.

My guess is that this will turn out to be his Achilles's heel: he'll need their expertise too much to challenge them and will just ride it out hoping to win in 2018 in a semblance of success, somehow. Problem is it's very doubtful that the Democrats will try to capitalize on his lack of serious action against corruption and lobbyists since they did very little about that in the past, unless the party is reshaped according to Sanders and Warren's ideals, which is extremely unlikely, and even if it was it might bring some people back while pushing others out, so it's quite a gamble.

Jennifer Jacobs, National Reporter for Bloomberg Politics: Trump is discussing TED CRUZ for AG.

Could be a reach, but oh my if its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom