• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, Pence meeting in New York on Cabinet picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
7McC2Mx.png

test_account

XP-39C²
During his campaign AND in 2012 when Romney lost and people thought he was going to come out on top in the popular vote.

The hypocrisy is palpable.
True. Seems like he changed many opinions when he won. Hopefully most of those opinion changes will be for the better in the long run.

BadHand

Didnt he heavily criticize this system during his campaign and saying that it was so unfair?

He did and although entirely contradictory to previous comments he's made in the past, I think this makes sense. Regardless of your opinion of the EC, both sides knew how elections are fought and won and had a team behind them advising of strategy. Both campaigns would have been very different otherwise, so who knows the outcome in that instance.

But lets face it, the winner rationalizes their win and the loser criticizes their loss. We all know their would have been an ongoing tantrum had Hillary won the election but lost the popular vote.

And the mess keeps getting messier

Apparently Pence hasn't even signed required legal documentation yet.

What a fucking nightmare. I've always had a pit in my stomach from the time I was a kid in the 80s for the white nationalist machismo culture on display back then during Reagan's reign. I've always intrinsically distrusted rural, religious types and even moderately conservative "Costco" families. The sentiment of American Exceptionalism always made me cringe. It all always rubbed me the wrong way. And now I see the fruition of that unsettling feeling.

Joe

Another foreign policy adviser on the transition team gone

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/u...ition.html?_r=0&smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur
In another sign of disarray, a transition official said on Tuesday that Mr. Trump had removed a second senior defense and foreign policy official from his transition team, Matthew Freedman, who runs a Washington consulting firm that advises foreign governments and companies seeking to do business with the United States government.

Mr. Freedman, who had been in charge of coordinating Mr. Trump’s calls to world leaders after his election, is a former business associate of Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s former campaign manager, who once worked on the re-election bid of Ferdinand E. Marcos, the Filipino dictator ousted in the 1980s.

Apathy

S. E. Cupp does it for me.

I'm base like that.

:(

Shes very attractive but the second I found out she had some fake atheist shtick going, man that was disappointing and ruined any attraction i had towards her.

It's looking more and more likely that Christie is going to get muscled out of any position if Pence has any say in the matter.This is actually quite funny seeing how much work Christie put in for trump just to be pushed aside and get nothing. We need to take that window pic of the wii u and replace it with Christie.

Kathian

Banned
He's busy tweeting in NYC

GF6T3J.png

I mean his point is correct. You have electoral and political reform to fix a broken system; not to overturn an individual result.

Been saying for a long time Americans need to debate political reform more.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Never understood why everyone made such a big deal out of this. It was obviously just an awkward hand wave.

More like a "Hail Hydr..... oh shit im on TV.. look natural look natural, thats it just a wave.. just a wave you miserable peasants, 2016 will destroy your miserable lives"

Grym

pls no palin

though not at the bigger venues with Trump family, she campaigned for him quite a bit in MI in the final days before the election. Rather than Education (just my sad sad depressing joke) I expect her on something worse...like Sec. of Interior. Drill Baby Drill (and fuck over all our National Parks)

Pickman

On a side note, Trump winning Florida despite not campaigning there and dealing with record Democrat turnout is fucking bizarre.

Miami, Orlando, Tampa, and maybe Tallahassee are relatively blue areas because of the cities.

The rest of my state is full of sister-fucking gator-hunting hillbilly meth heads and retirement communities who call the police when a black person stops to tie their shoe in a 500m radius.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The rest of my state is full of sister-fucking gator-hunting hillbilly meth heads and retirement communities who call the police when a black person stops to tie their shoe in a 500m radius.

And people wonder why the right feels unrepresented by the left.... I wouldnt want to vote for any candidate that refer to rural people that way either.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Do you spend a lot of time in west central Florida?

Does it matter? Do those peoples votes count less than yours? Last I checked they count the same, so if you are going to just call them deplorables, why would they even consider voting for you? The problem isnt going to go away by outright ignoring them, they'll just grow to hate you more and more. Any chance of ever having a meaningful dialogue with these people goes out the window as soon as you put your self on a high horse above them and declare them miserable pieces of shit.

He literally said it wasn't fair on 60 Minutes on Sunday. And if what happened to Clinton had happened to him, that is win the popular vote, lose the election you know he'd be throwing a fit right now.

To be fair, it's possible that someone just explained how the EC works to him in terms a 5 yo could understand.

Toxi

Banned
And people wonder why the right feels unrepresented by the left.... I wouldnt want to vote for any candidate that refer to rural people that way either.
This isn't rural Wisconsin or even Iowa we're talking about.

Does it matter? Do those peoples votes count less than yours?
They actually count more than mine when it comes to the Presidential election. And I'm lucky enough to live in a swing state (Though its swing status might be gone in the future).

Pickman

Does it matter? Do those peoples votes count less than yours? Last I checked they count the same, so if you are going to just call them deplorables, why would they even consider voting for you? The problem isnt going to go away by outright ignoring them, they'll just grow to hate you more and more. Any chance of ever having a meaningful dialogue with these people goes out the window as soon as you put your self on a high horse above them and declare them miserable pieces of shit.

Last I checked, I'm not running for office.

Admittedly my blood's been running a bit hotter than usual lately and I was stigmatizing with my statement, so I do apologize for that. Florida, however, has an enormous problem with racial disparity and having a massive elderly population does nothing to help bridge that gulf. We're dealing with a tea party governor who has driven our state medicaid system into the fucking dirt by refusing government subsidy for our in-state CAID system because it was tied into the ACA. The people who are affected by this (those low-income rural folks I mentioned) don't consider that the Republican governor's fault, though. They just know that ACA moved in and their CAID benefits imploded.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I find it terrifying that a lot of Americans say 'let's give him a chance'.
This man will ruin America, and take the world down with him. Now is absolutely not the time to normalise him and his ilk.

MrNelson

Banned

Every other billboard on 75 once you leave the Tampa Bay area (Sumter County and beyond) has some kind of anti-abortion messaging. Then there is the one that says "We the People... In 2012 STOP OBAMA" that is still standing 4 fucking years later. Not to mention all the Confederate flags either flying by the interstate or on the backs of cars.

Hell, I've spent time in Ocala on several occasions. They're nice people, but they don't want anything to do with your "Librul Agenda". You're not going to get them to change their minds unless it comes straight to them from Fox News.

Azzanadra

The fact that the same people are appearing on lists for multiple positions leads me to believe they do not know what the fuck they are doing.... I wasn't as politically aware during Obama's election, but surely it wasn't as chaotic and random as this? Surely he knew what person would do which job best as opposed to Trump who just has his inner circle guys on a list and giving them positions seemingly at random.

WaPo claims it's going to be a dumpster fire.

Those views put Trump at odds with many GOP defense hawks, who are uniformly suspicious of Moscow and have denounced Russian actions in Eastern Europe, Ukraine and Syria. The offer of cooperation could also immerse Trump in a deep controversy with the Pentagon, where military and civilian leaders have strongly opposed collaboration with Russia, particularly in Syria.

Any chances on a coupe d'etat in the next four years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom