• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pressures Democrats on Obamacare to get border wall deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

he's master of deflector. just give fox news some time to put out something so they can use that.

There's no need to even pipe in the fix through local super conservative pre-recorded questions. Apparently Spicer is getting the nutjobs sent to him direct now.

C-OfvWVXkAAVs_6.jpg:large

I can't help but think, had a Democratic president done something like this, threatened the healthcare of millions of people over a petty-ass infrastructure project that won't do anything to help anyone, the Republican messaging machine would have been glorious.

We'd see every Republican pundit and politician on every news media source possible, all shouting with the same unified message. Over and over again.

Commercials would be running in every state

The internet would be flooded with crappy memes.

There would be no sleeping at GOP headquarters until the Republican spin had been drilled into the head of every American man, woman and child.

But here we are with Republican President Trump, threatening to rob healthcare from millions and giving Democrats the sort of ammo that the greatest political strategists of years past could only dream of landing in their lap.

And...nothing.

I guess my piggyback to your question is why are repubs so good at energizing at mobilizing their base, and democrats aren't?

Why don't democrats vote

zethren

Banned
I guess my piggyback to your question is why are repubs so good at energizing at mobilizing their base, and democrats aren't?

Why don't democrats vote

They energize their base with fear, fear of change and fear of the "others". They're "conservatives" for a reason, they want to "conserve" their way of life. At least that's what is sold to them. It also helps that there is a pretty powerful propaganda network propped up by a mostly conservative selection of hosts, spewing nonsense over the radio most days of the week.

We see Dems stay at home because of "purity tests", when it's basically the exact opposite for republicans. Does the candidate have an R next to their name? Is the candidate not a filthy libruhl? They'll come out in droves to vote for them, then.

They can know next to nothing about the candidate and still vote for them, as evidenced by Donald Trump's voters.

Ithil

He keeps attaching himself to this idiotic idea that will never even happen. What's he gonna say in 2020 when nothing has been built?

RPGCrazied

human trafficking now too? We need to get the wall up! gotta stop the bad bad people from coming in.

Its just tremendous whats going on over there. I've been hearing things, people tell me. By the way, I never said Mexico will pay for the wall. The fake media is putting words in my mouth, yet I'm on video saying Mexico will pay for the wall while salivating like a rabid dog.

KingV

I'll think they will give him the inch but I don't expect anything radical in the budget like the cancellation of all the programs like AmeriCorps, and PBS. I actually expect it to be more or less the same because the republicans can't face the media if they shut the government down on themselves.

Humorously, the democrats are now just about the most powerful block in congress, at least when it comes to the budget because the Republicans can't agree and have to beg them to come along if they want to do basically anything at all

RPGCrazied

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult. We will not stand for this. Watch!

Lmao, will he be saying Canada is paying for the wall next?

Steejee

So the master negotiator basically jumps in, says 'Fund the wall or else!', everyone calls his bluff, so he offers a concession that he might be okay with just a security bump without a wall...which is what Democrats were willing to do before he stuck his fat ugly head in the negotiations...

I'm sure Trump will spin this as the art of the deal, the secret 'Accept the first thing they offer after they call your ludicrous bluff'.

Trump is discovering (though probably not learning) that you can't bluster your way through deals when you're negotiating with the same people every time.

Siegcram

So the master negotiator basically jumps in, says 'Fund the wall or else!', everyone calls his bluff, so he offers a concession that he might be okay with just a security bump without a wall...which is what Democrats were willing to do before he stuck his fat ugly head in the negotiations...

I'm sure Trump will spin this as the art of the deal, the secret 'Accept the first thing they offer after they call your ludicrous bluff'.

Trump is discovering (though probably not learning) that you can't bluster your way through deals when you're negotiating with the same people every time.
He's not bluffing, he's sitting naked at the table, throwing Uno cards at the other players.

Koomaster

Now remember he never said what material the wall was going to made from. Every year he just increases funding for border security and suddenly - bam - human wall. He'll wink at the camera, strike a gotcha pose and roll credits.

Alternately he could just build the wall of dead bodies from the people who died due to lack of healthcare if he is just going to do everything possible to make the ACA fail.

Either way; we're getting a 'Human Wall' and that will be that.

RPGCrazied

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account
@kylegriffin1

WaPo: New GOP spending plan includes *no new money* for border wall construction, according to several cong. aides.

Art of the deal? Trump says one thing, his own party does another. Hahaha

I want some of the wall to get built.

I love the thought of the unfinished sections decaying and crumbling long after Trump has left office as a stark reminder that we shouldn't be so goddamn stupid again.

Ithil

"It's totally gonna happen. We're making tremendous progress. Things are happening. We're doing things. It's gonna happen soon"

Then it'll be part of his 2020 campaign after absolutely nothing happens for it in his first term.

but i thought mexico is going to pay for it? why does Trump need any tax money at all?
"It's totally gonna happen. We're making tremendous progress. Things are happening. We're doing things. It's gonna happen soon"

Then it'll be part of his 2020 campaign after absolutely nothing happens for it in his first term.

and he will win bigly

This is the stupidest shit in the history of deals

Our government is literally jumping the shark if this happens. Funding a fucking multibillion $$$ wall while people's lives, health, the environment, and interstellar travel get pushed to the side and defunded

goddamn idiots. can't believe we are even talking about this

RPGCrazied

Peter Baker‏Verified account
@peterbakernyt

Trump signing his latest executive order: “There’s a lot of words. I won’t bother reading everything.”

What? Too many words? He is signing shit without reading it? What kind of President does something like this?

Ithil

What? Too many words? He is signing shit without reading it? What kind of President does something like this?

A stupid moron conman who gets through things like this by dodging questions and giving meaningless default answers he vaguely scraped together from hearing grownups talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom