• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pressures Democrats on Obamacare to get border wall deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaming Dems really worked last time on the Health Care bill failure. Just ask Paul Ryan, dude got absolutely no hate whatsoever on that one

Dryk

He still thinks that his wall will stop drugs? Cartels wouldn't even need to adapt, a wall will fail against the methods they already use.

Build it with them stuck in it. Would fix a lot of problems. C'mon chest-thumpin Muricans, show your patriotic duty... BE THE WALL... don't worry about food or going to the restroom, Trump and other Republican politicians will come up with something to help you guys out.

latest

kevin1025

Banned
He still thinks that his wall will stop drugs? Cartels wouldn't even need to adapt, a wall will fail against the methods they already use.

He even trolled himself during one of his past rallies, saying there's no way someone can scale the wall... except maybe with rope. He ruined his own wall's impenetrability mid-sentence.

C-I1HwHXcAARsF_.jpg:large

No words. He literally doesn't know what happened 2 minutes ago!

Is he admitting to channel surfing underneath his troubled forgetfulness? He's definitely an old person, then.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/4/5/15199302/obamacare-popularity-poll-freedom-caucus

Matt Yglesias put this especially well during a recent episode of The Weeds, the podcast we co-host.

'"You can go through history books and there is no version of, 'And the president did this thing that he knew would make people's lives worse not just because it was worth the cost but because he saw partisan political advantage in making people suffer willfully,'" Matt says. "It's ridiculous."

Ponn

Banned
I mean this should be an easy one for Dem's to field. Just simply respond with "I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?" Asking for it in the U.S. Budget shouldn't even be a thing and everyone knows it so just keep it simple and call his ass out on it. Past that the dems should be shrugging and saying 'You control everything, this is your shit sandwich don't look at us"

I mean this should be an easy one for Dem's to field. Just simply respond with "I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?" Asking for it in the U.S. Budget shouldn't even be a thing and everyone knows it so just keep it simple and call his ass out on it. Past that the dems should be shrugging and saying 'You control everything, this is your shit sandwich don't look at us"

That's basically what they did when he threatened this kind of stuff last time.

The point is she BARELY lost, and this is important because it kills the garbage narrative that there is something fundamentally wrong with the Democratic party by Fisher Price pundits.

This is important so we can form sensible strategies, and not worship at the altar of incompetent populists.

I like this

Inaudible, in a one on one interview.

Lmao

I'm pretty sure in this context "(inaudible)" means "Trump said something so unutterably stupid that the interviewer's mind refused to hear it".

Like, he might have just ended the sentence with "Cajun Ducks" or some other non-sequitur that just instantly put the poor bastard's brain out the lunch.

Slayven

How will they handle imminent domain with the wall? the folks that own land there aren't the kind just to give it up to the government.

And still I hear "But it least it is not HER!" WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK??!??
Aaargh

Sexism, brother. Sexism. She represented far too many non-male, non-white things. And OMG, could you imagine having to listen to that shrill voice of hers for 4 straight years?

rjinaz

He's not forgetful it's that he's a pathological liar.

I also think that he knows he no longer has accountability. He doesn't have to be careful with words because anything he says just gets dismissed by everybody with power. So he just kind of goes on a tangent, knowing somebody will be there to correct what he "meant".

How will they handle imminent domain with the wall? the folks that own land there aren't the kind just to give it up to the government.

Oh, God, your post made me wonder how he'd handle something like Waco or Ruby Ridge. I know that has shit-all to do with the wall, but the thought of Trump versus some weirdo cult or sovereign-citizen types is simultaneously absurd and frightening.

I also think that he knows he no longer has accountability. He doesn't have to be careful with words because anything he says just gets dismissed by everybody with power. So he just kind of goes on a tangent, knowing somebody will be there to correct what he "meant".

Probably. Plus they can literally get away with saying absolutely anything with no repercussions.

How the fuck does Spicer still have a job after his Hitler bullshit...

Cipherr

This orange clown and his ridiculous voter base can see this unforced error coming. Trump is desperate to get something resembling a win, especially if its something he campaigned on. His border restrictions have been shat on forcing him to face embarrassment, and then he pivoted to taxes only to back off from that after realizing it was a no-go as well. Now he wants to try and see if he can squeak his wall through, but its not fucking happening Democrats have nothing to lose and Trump and republican voters know it.

Trying to convince themselves that Dems will cave, but the truth is they can already see the nonstop negative Trump news coverage on the horizon when he once again Fails to deliver on yet another promise while causing a government shutdown.

"Lost Tremendously" = won popular vote by 3million, lost electoral college because of less than 1% vote (<100,000) in three states. Stop embarrassimg yourself with your dejected armchair punditry.

Barely losing vs an obese cheeto with dementia isn't very impressive.

It was a skin of the teeth win by Trump but a hilariously massive loss by Clinton considering it should've been the biggest presidential blowout in decades if she or her campaign were even semi competent.

Dems need to keep resisting. Trump in some ways may be a good thing for the Dems in the long wrong. The longer he's running the show, the worse it will get, the worse republicans will look and more support there will be for reform by the Dems.

Or it will be the usual shit.

Barely losing vs an obese cheeto with dementia isn't very impressive.

It was a skin of the teeth win by Trump but a hilariously massive loss by Clinton considering it should've been the biggest presidential blowout in decades if she or her campaign were even semi competent.

Underestimating Trump and the power of right wing populism like you're doing right now is also one of the many reasons he won, fwiw.

Game Guru

The point is she BARELY lost, and this is important because it kills the garbage narrative that there is something fundamentally wrong with the Democratic party by Fisher Price pundits.

This is important so we can form sensible strategies, and not worship at the altar of incompetent populists.

The sensible strategy for the 2020 presidential election would be to blame the 2016 loss on Clinton and move on. The 2016 strategy works, but the Democrats chose a bad candidate. Try it again with someone who isn't Clinton.

However, the Democrats also need a renewed focus on down ballot races so they can congressional seats as well as local and state elections for 2018. There are very encouraging signs on that front in the special elections so far, but close only counts in horseshoes. There needs to be wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom