• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump privately signs anti-Planned Parenthood law

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

Everyone that shoos at Amazon should use Amazonsmile.

I changed to make donations to the local PP office.

FyreWulff

Fucking coward signing it privately

What's to stop planned Parenthood from just moved into their abortion services to some other shell Corp at this point? I mean, if the GOP is going g to play financial games, can't open just do the same back?

because conservatives have passed mountains of regulation in multiple states that pretty much makes it near impossible for anyone to provide abortion, even harder if you're a new establishment doing it , let alone PP.

PP needs to take a super hard line stance against this and stop all operation in states that deny funding, or just all red states period. Maybe after more woman die from cancer because they didn't get a screening or some politician's daughter dies from a home abortion they will realize how valuable it is. Votes have consequences and PP needs to stop helping those who don't deserve it.

This post is like 50% serious and 50% the result of rage and sadness. Ugh.

Couldn't there be a small segment of the movement that discloses to the public anyone tied to an antichoice public official who has an abortion? We're living in extraordinary times that calls for drastic measures. The LGBT movement does not stay silent when one of their own tries to throw their own community under the bus in order to enrich themselves. That ridiculous Larry Craig meme "I am not gay" was partially perpetuated by the gay community to show the world what a duplicitous piece of shit he was.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are many conservatives who have had abortions, or who have loved ones who have had abortions.

I feel like this is the kind of issue that will need to directly or peripherally affect younger women before people take notice. Most people wouldn't put up with this if they realized it was them who werre being shaken down by these types of laws. I just don't understand why were not as mobilized on the issue as we once were. Most people are legally prochoice. If that weren't the case, you would see by now an aggressive move to outright ban the procedure by prosecuting women who have had them by now.

So if planned Parenthood stops offering abortion services can they still receive funds for other medical services and screenings? Seems like that would be the best way to go if this actually becomes law.

Better than losing funding. Maybe they could have separate facilities that offer abortions at low cost, and take private donations for that.

Two Republican defectors, Sens. Susan M. Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, joining all 48 members of the Democratic Caucus in backing Planned Parenthood.

Pence broke the tie.

Collins is and has always been such a phony, although I can't speak for Murkowski. I do know that Collins has always caucused with the democrats on these types of issue when it was clear that democrats wouldn't have enough votes to block bill passages.

So if planned Parenthood stops offering abortion services can they still receive funds for other medical services and screenings? Seems like that would be the best way to go if this actually becomes law.

Better than losing funding. Maybe they could have separate facilities that offer abortions at low cost, and take private donations for that.

Based on interviews PP has no intention of ever stopping abortion services. It's crucial for women everywhere to have an option available.

Darknight

Some women wont care because they think "oh this is good, abortion is bad" but are ignorant still, like blind idiots, what planned parenthood stands for.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
So he couldn't find enough Republicans (old, white and male; a given, of course) to stand around him and smile as he signed this?

Marquis

Banned
I truly don't understand the Pro-Life argument. These folks don't want their taxes to contribute to abortion, but then get mad when they see little Sofia at 16 pushing a stroller with two newborns.

RPGCrazied

I truly don't understand the Pro-Life argument. These folks don't want their taxes to contribute to abortion, but then get mad when they see little Sofia at 16 pushing a stroller with two newborns.

And as soon as they are born, pro lifers want nothing to do with them.

azyless

In some states they can't because republicans are passing so many laws to "regulate" abortion that it's near impossible to set up facilities that do them, forcing women and teenagers to somehow travel several thousands of miles and find accomodation for a night or two, on top of paying up to 2000$ to have the procedure itself.
Anyone who sees what republicans are doing when it comes to women's reproductive rights should see that they're scum.

how_y_all_look_at_teenage_girls_when_they_have_7.png

Rachel Maddow did an entire bit on how Trump likes to sign polices that nobody except the hardest of hardcore Republicans like behind closed doors. Add another to the list :/

Is there a list that'/ being updated somewhere that I can reference to as needed.

So far I know about the
Hunting bears
Coal mine wastes
Anti-fiduciary duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom