• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump responds to former Mexican president's comments: "The Wall Just Got Higher"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Sell advertising on the wall that Mexico paid for and it's now 100% profit.

I can't wait for President Trump.

I'm absolutely convinced he is a plant/troll. I still think he has no designs on actually winning the presidency but is doing this to either fuck over Republicans or help Democrats. And the fact that he realized all this hyperbolic nonsense and American arrogance (with absolutely no legitimate platform, a big giveaway that he's not actually serious) would actually work in a non parody way with a significant part of the republican base, and then has the balls and intelligence to pull it off is just amazing. Go Trump!! (for now)

VariantX

CXTASt6.jpg

wonder how many more people died in its construction than it was supposed to protect.

JayDotZee

Banned
some asshat said:
Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Yeah, no, people would still pay for those, then overstay. And Mexico will reciprocate, to the cry of "foul game" from the racist, sexist, xenophobic.

As long as your bigotry is fun and entertaining to the media and a shockingly large chunk of the American public.

You can see the effect in this very thread. Trump's response is neither clever nor funny, yet it's getting tons of positive feedback.

"Who cares if the notion is disturbingly xenophobic and discriminatory. His response is epic!!!"

mclem

Even if Mexico were to build the wall, is he also expecting Mexico to maintain the wall in return for freedom of passage to America?

Why, it's almost like a form of servitude, an indentured form of servitude, on an international scale.

Is the wall going to get bigger every time a Mexican says they aren't going to pay for it? How big will it end up? Is it going to have a walkway on the top of it?

The more Trump speaks, the more I think he has no idea what the presidents job is. Or what kind of powers the US president has.

takriel

I'm absolutely convinced he is a plant/troll. I still think he has no designs on actually winning the presidency but is doing this to either fuck over Republicans or help Democrats. And the fact that he realized all this hyperbolic nonsense and American arrogance (with absolutely no legitimate platform, a big giveaway that he's not actually serious) would actually work in a non parody way with a significant part of the republican base, and then has the balls and intelligence to pull it off is just amazing. Go Trump!! (for now)

I hope that's the case, man. Imagine him becoming the nominee of the Republicans and after that just saying "Fuck you Republicans, I'm done. Have fun with Sanders/Clinton as your next president!"

ArjanN

The only way that could be true is if his entire life up until now was a work.

So no, he's doing it to stroke his own ego, that he's sucking all the air out of the room for the other republican candidates just seems like a succesful strategy he happened to stumble on to.

The wall thing is bullshit and he knows it, but that's just him pandering to racists.

sinxtanx

underground tunnels are easily countered by an underground moat

anti-aircraft artillery all the way along the top of course

huge neon letters that say "and stay out!"

extended wall into the pacific and the gulf

wall against canada just in case a mexican goes there on vacation

one million soldiers to man the walls

free shipping and handling

When the yanks build the wall Mexico should just "Fuck ya's" and put Toll-Booths on the entrances to recoup the money they'll lose from the U.S. charging them for the wall :)

Cromat

I think that's an ancillary point to the real issue that this election cycle is making everyone take away: that if you find a way to suffocate your opponents from news coverage, no matter how you do it, the end result is going to be very beneficial for a campaign. It actually exposes a pretty big problem with our election system, and one that isn't even easily fixed without undermining American values.

Exactly. Trump received more coverage and attention than all other candidates combined. He literally stole the show. The media is complicit in falling for his trolling and turning this thing into a circus.

It's like that episode of Black Mirror.

bengraven

Woo hoo yeah fuck yeah this guy rocks we're totally not racist but god we hate Mexico fucking land mines and sniper towers too and minute men nuke the country drown in their own blood you calling me a racist you're a racist white power what i can't support my own race while black people can support theirs.

- Trump 2016.

labx

Banned
Damn, USA is in a political crisis right now. Months ago, I asked a question here in gaf, if Trump had a chance, everyone said HELL NO, and now... People are trembling (or not) because he is crushing. A reality "star" and a rich guy for president. That is a new fucking low for USA culture. I hope Sanders or Clinton step in.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't really understand how is this supposed to work as a smart ass reply?

The wall wasn't supposed to be already high enough to stop the migrants? It will be higher just to cost more or what? Sounds like a weak reply.

I don't really understand how is this supposed to work as a smart ass reply?

The wall wasn't supposed to be already high enough to stop the migrants? It will be higher just to cost more or what? Sounds like a weak reply.

It works as visual imagery, but makes little sense unless he thinks they'll be trying to cross with ladders.

But yeah, I'm mildly amazed and mildly horrified that his plan to get the wall built is basically to impose a protection racket on the entire population of a sovereign nation.

MisterR

I agree. There is no way this can be real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom