• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump responds to former Mexican president's comments: "The Wall Just Got Higher"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Trump's basically running his campaign like a WWE storyline.

I can't wait until he picks one of the other candidates as a running mate, they're up there on the stage basking in applause, and then suddenly Donald piledrives him unconscious and tags in McMahon.

CXTASt6.jpg

Huh Great Wall did work for most of the barbarians except the mogals (and the Manchurians). Wall as a defenaive devise was used in other civilizations too.

Does this Chinese guy know history?

And the Great fire Wall works too.

TalonJH

Damn, USA is in a political crisis right now. Months ago, I asked a question here in gaf, if Trump had a chance, everyone said HELL NO, and now... People are trembling (or not) because he is crushing. A reality "star" and a rich guy for president. That is a new fucking low for USA culture. I hope Sanders or Clinton step in.

To be fair, most of our presidents have had wealth(not Trump levels though) and the Republican golden child, Ronald Reagan was an actor. It's not that big of a stretch. He still probably won't win the general election.

Bedtime-for-Bonzo-Starring-Ronald-Reagan-Diana-Lynn-...-and...-painting-artwork-print.jpg

jorma

is now taking requests
I don't really understand how is this supposed to work as a smart ass reply?

The wall wasn't supposed to be already high enough to stop the migrants? It will be higher just to cost more or what? Sounds like a weak reply.

Sounds obvious to me - that mexican dude was being lippy and now has to pay for an even higher wall as punishment. The Trump won't be stumped after all!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sounds obvious to me - that mexican dude was being lippy and now has to pay for an even higher wall as punishment. The Trump won't be stumped after all!

I think the Mexican dude should comment several more times until the wall crumbles under its own wait. Problem solved.

Damn, USA is in a political crisis right now. Months ago, I asked a question here in gaf, if Trump had a chance, everyone said HELL NO, and now... People are trembling (or not) because he is crushing. A reality "star" and a rich guy for president. That is a new fucking low for USA culture. I hope Sanders or Clinton step in.

Nah.

Can he win a Republican primary? Has a good shot in a contentious year with an over-crowded field. Can he win the general election? No.

Something interesting about this is that people have always complained about the two-party system and that there isn't enough diversity of opinion and outsiders in the American presidential race. Well, Trump never was a Republican and he doesn't represent any establishment republican positions, he very well should have and has threatened to run as an independent...

This is the result of a non-establishment candidate, with a lot of money and marketing ability, throwing himself into the race.

But, no, I don't think he'll win.

The former president of Mexico called Trump’s idea for a wall “stupid,” adding that “we are not going to pay any single cent.”
Probing how he plans to get Mexico to pay for his wall, Trump responded, “Mexico makes a fortune. Mexico is going to pay. And I heard he said that we will not pay. Guess what? The wall just got higher.”
Trump is totally amazing in a sort of trainwreck carcrash sort of way. I love hearing his insanity but I hope that by the end of the primaries he's put in his place so that my laughing isn't replaced by screams of terror.
He's the kind of personality that if I didn't know better, I'd assume he was a fictional character from a TV comedy.

What's he gonna do about the underground tunnels?
The wall just got deeper.

You know, if he keeps this up, I wonder if he'll also get Canada to build a wall up north. They'll practically need to in order to stop all the fleeing Americans. That's what we call a 2-for-1.

Alebrije

You know, if he keeps this up, I wonder if he'll also get Canada to build a wall up north. They'll practically need to in order to stop all the fleeing Americans. That's what we call a 2-for-1.

Could be a wall like the GOT.

images

I actually had to laugh to his answer, crazy that such a person can be a "serious" presidential candidate for a country with almost 320 million people and the number one army.

If he wins, I hope he'll show a picture of Adolf during his inauguration and tell his voters, that this is who they actually wanted and that they should be ashamed, then he'd resign and put Barack Obama back to his post...what a twist ey?? ;)

Chuckie

I love the bottom line of text on this poster, reiterating that he's talking about the Great Wall.

Yeah thats what I meant by my first post. Like it wasn't extremely obvious he was talking about the Great Wall

Most common misconception. The Great Wall did work. It did kept several marauding tribes from invading the middle kingdoms. That Mongol things, NOTHING stopped the Mongols.

What misconception? The guy has a Trump 2016 sticker. I don't think he's trying to be a smart ass... I think he is actually supporting the wall idea.

Trump is an evil asshole and funny. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. It never works to tell people laughing that something isn't funny.

Crayon

I'm absolutely convinced he is a plant/troll. I still think he has no designs on actually winning the presidency but is doing this to either fuck over Republicans or help Democrats. And the fact that he realized all this hyperbolic nonsense and American arrogance (with absolutely no legitimate platform, a big giveaway that he's not actually serious) would actually work in a non parody way with a significant part of the republican base, and then has the balls and intelligence to pull it off is just amazing. Go Trump!! (for now)

If it turns out to be like this it will feel like waking up from a bad dream.

Ogodei

historically it did not work. china still got fucked by the nomads many times.

Plus the point of the great wall was as much to keep Chinese peasants in and tied to the land as it was about keeping the nomads out. Especially since, being nomads, the determined invaders either went around or simply co-opted corrupt border guards.

Donald is such a numbskull, but that response got a good laugh out of me. He really seems like the kind of guy that would pay for a statue to be erected of himself somewhere in Washington.

I know the conservatives like to posture as the party of national security and foreign policy but every word that comes out of their mouths (especially Trump's) seems to carry the understanding of a 5 year old.

God, Trump is such a fucking moron. First it was funny, now I just tire of reading about him. The sooner he's out of the spot light, the better.

Him and his supporters, idiots the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom