• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Says He'll Show Off The US Military In Parades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
We have military parades all the time in the UK. As long as it's only people and horses in fancy outfits it all good fun.

Parades only really become a problem when it starts including nukes and missile launchers and tanks and goose stepping and giant portraits of dear leader.

We have military parades all the time in the UK. As long as it's only people and horses in fancy outfits it all good fun.

Parades only really become a problem when it starts including nukes and missile launchers and tanks and goose stepping and giant Trump portraits.

If the UK jumped off a bridge, should we?

But how do you waive a magic wand and make 60,000 more soldiers join the Army and 12,000 more Marines join the USMC? Recruitment for those branches is trying really hard as it is, but there are limits to what they can do. Does he plan on bumping soldier pay (yay! but unlikely), reduce physical standards, ease background checks, or introduce conscription?

You lower recruiting standards to allow more waivers for criminal offenses, lower ASVAB scores, reduce the number of medically disqualifying conditions, etc.

The result is, as you would expect, a generally greater expense per-soldier due to having to deal with the expenses accrued by higher training failure rates, larger numbers of soldiers being discharged due to chronic medical conditions, disciplinary problems, or court martial proceedings, and a resulting hit to morale and professionalism.

There was a lot of it during the early part of Bush's administration to try and support the "churn" introduced by the wars, and it wasn't particularly pretty.

SoulUnison

Banned
This is a pretty bullshit blanket statement to make. The pie chart just looks like the normal "college educated vs not college educated" charts we've already seen. It's not because "enlisted military personnel are all mouth-breathing gun-nuts who want to kill minorities." Just an offensive and ignorant claim in general.

Of course I'm not trying to say that all new enlistees are ignorant assholes, I just feel like , purely anecdotally, a lot of the people I personally watched go straight from, say, high school to college were the kind of people who wanted to join the army/marines/etc. because they wanted to go play "real Call of Duty."

That first time around before re-enlistment weeds a LOT of people who are there for the wrong reasons.

Saya

Trump Wanted Soviet Style Inaugural Parade with Tanks and Missiles

The Pentagon was reportedly not only concerned about the symbolism of such a show but also had more practical concerns about whether tanks, which weigh over 100,000 pounds would do permanent damage to the roads.

Trump team wanted tanks, missile launchers in parade: report

Donald Trump’s inauguration team wanted to show off the U.S. military during inauguration weekend and even suggested including tanks and missile launchers in his inaugural parade, The Huffington Post reported Thursday.

“They were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade,” an inauguration team source told The Huffington Post, referring to massive military parades in Moscow and Pyongyang that are often interpreted as displays of aggression.

Magwik

Banned

oOpYeBs.gif

Kite

i was mainly offended by you condescending and stereotyping of, and you put it in quotations for god knows what reason, "enlisted"

that being said, truth be told they probably had the only accurate poll as far as who would win lmao
Think you are bitching at the wrong person, I just posted the survey results and did no make any condencending remarks about the enlisted nor did I put it in quotes. Which would be funny since I was enlisted myself, dumbass.

Edit looking through the thread, go bitch at soulunison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom