• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump supporter was kicked off a flight as a crowd chanted: ‘Lock him up!'

Blablurn

A man wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat was removed from a United Airlines flight in Shanghai.

Like some bizarre parody of a Trump rally, a belligerent man in a “Make America Great Again” hat was booted off a plane in Shanghai Sunday — defiantly waving as a crowd of passengers jeered in the terminal: “Lock him up! Lock him up!”

The man took an aisle seat three rows in front of her. She said he refused to let anyone sit beside him.

“He wanted to sit in the whole row by himself,” Zimmerman said.

“This young lady’s not going to make it to her classes tomorrow and her tests she has to take, thanks to you,” a woman told the man. “Are you proud of yourself?”

“Guess what,” he replied. “In 45 minutes I’m going to collapse for not drinking my soda

The man said he was a diabetic, Zimmerman said

And before long, as seen in video, the man was waving his arms and shouting: “I have a seat here! … Shut up! … Moron!”

“He berated a female passenger,” Gredoña said. “I think he called her Hillary. Then he called her a lesbian. I think he called a stewardess ‘sweetheart.’ ”

That’s when the whole incident took on a very electoral vibe. Cellphone video shows the man, still in his Trump hat, ascending an escalator — waving what appears to be a seat cushion at dozens of angry onlookers.

And one shouted: “Lock him up!”

Then another, and another. “Lock him up, lock him up” — until a Chinese airport terminal sounded much like a latter-day Trump rally,
when he and his crowds threatened his presidential campaign opponent, Hillary Clinton, with prison.

Read full story here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lock-him-up/?tid=sm_Fb&utm_term=.3bcda431f39b

I was going to say that just being a trump supporter shouldn't merit this, but as it turns out he was clearly a huge asshole as well

Madness

Why did he think he was entitled to an entire row? You don't want to make airline incidents in China. The last thing you want is to be put on their watchlists or blacklists.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
But his email
confirmation
!!

That’s when the whole incident took on a very electoral vibe. Cellphone video shows the man, still in his Trump hat, ascending an escalator — waving what appears to be a seat cushion at dozens of angry onlookers.

Now hold on a second here.

It's almost as if...

I mean I'm not surprised a Trump supporter was an asshole, but I was more referring to being a blatant asshole trying to take up an entire row for himself rather than the abhorrent beliefs type of asshole or the type of asshole who gives racists a pass because they don't personally care

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So he was being an ass trying to occupy 3 seats that didn't belong to him?

I was thinking the same thing, then the captain of the article turned on the 'I'm a giant Asshole" sign.

What is a Trump supporter doing in Jyna anyway? I would have thought most of them have never been more than 100 miles from home.

10VNUTf.jpg

Tigress

Beautiful

Was he drunk, just being an asshole, or a drunk asshole?

Or on a sugar low? He said he was diabetic and apparently said he was going to collapse in 45 minutes without a soda. And from what I understand diabetics can get really belligerent when on a low and unreasonable.

Or on a sugar low? He said he was diabetic and apparently said he was going to collapse in 45 minutes without a soda. And from what I understand diabetics can get really belligerent when on a low and unreasonable.

From what I understand he's also a trump supporter and they can get like that...pretty much all the time

numble

Since it was a United flight, I think he was trying to trigger them to take extreme measures so that he could sue.

Holy shit I'm like 99% sure I fucking saw this guy in SFO a couple of weeks ago. I remember it clearly because he was wearing the same damn hat and I was like "man this guy has some balls to wear that hat in San Francisco". We were even in the international terminal and he was going to ward the international check in area. Maybe he was on his way there, and now he was returning?

Maximo

I mean wearing one in public is basically a red light for *Im a fucking dickhead* not surprising it ended up being true.

Top Bottom