• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump talks Megyn Kelly's nose [Talking Megyn's appearance = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

I totally believe that she is intelligent and skilled. But I would not call anyone a "good journalist" who blatantly pushes an agenda, and who willfully accepts the distortion of facts, instead of reporting the facts as they are, calling others out for lying about them, and asking the important and hard questions.

Wells it's her show im sure it's her opinions/agenda she's pushing. Maybe journalist is the wrong word - her style of presenting the news with her opinions are more of less what I usually agree with. Maybe not with everything but I do like how she presents the news.

Hive mindset here when you don't agree with the agenda being pushed here too huh? God forbid I enjoy Megyn Kelly.

Also trump is done - I was actually entertaining him before this. A line you shouldn't have crossed Donald. Blanetly disrespectful to her.

norm9

Also trump is done - I was actually entertaining him before this. A line you shouldn't have crossed Donald. Blanetly disrespectful to her.

Isn't it weird though that THIS is the line that he shouldn't have crossed; a misinterpreted misogynistic statement when there were plenty to pick from before.

Velcro Fly

Trump has said way worse stuff on twitter. I feel like this is just an excuse for wealthy people on the right to shun him. He even joked about Rosie O' Donnell and that shit was nasty a few years ago.

Wells it's her show im sure it's her opinions/agenda she's pushing. Maybe journalist is the wrong word - her style of presenting the news with her opinions are more of less what I usually agree with. Maybe not with everything but I do like how she presents the news.

Hive mindset here when you don't agree with the agenda being pushed here too huh? God forbid I enjoy Megyn Kelly.

Well I'm glad the fact that he was mean to megyn Kelly made you dislike him and not he fact that he called most immigrants rapists. I hope trump wins the nomination.

geardo

Kelly vs Rove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwCNPXds7w

this moment in history made me respect Meagan Kelly more after not taking anymore of Karl Rove's fuzzy math

Oh man wow, how cringe-worthy was this (I'm assuming sarcasm but whatever)? At roughly 1:20 she says (somewhat paraphrased): "Now, when we practiced this at our rehearsals, we lost all audio right about here." Wow, journalism. It was sickening, yet revealing and even vindicating to watch, in action, how fox news and Megyn Kelly are quite literally puppets of the republican party. Bought and sold propagandists in fact. I mean, what journalist would second guess their colleagues to placate the concerns of an outspoken political operative? Fucking shitshow to the core.

Link

The Autumn Wind

So you're trying to defend a Fox News talking head that is literally just fed and regurgitates talking points as being a "good journalist" and then actually have the cognitive dissonance to say we have a hive mindset. Hilarious.

I guess now that's he's crossed your Fox News overlords, he's no longer the golden boy. He (and Fox News) have said far, far worse things before this innocuous statement. I suppose you were fine with all that stuff, though.

Reading through this thread, and as someone that if I could vote for any candidate for presidency it would be Obama for a 3rd term, its kind of crazy how far left GAF swings in general. Like the rest of the country isnt that way at all but it seems GAF discussion often skews very left wing and very atheist.

I know a random observation and kind of out of place in this thread but its somewhat unique even in comparison to the rest of the internet. I genuinely wonder why that is.

Sorry if this feels out of place but the whole Megan Kelly thing made me think about it.

Edit: Maybe because GAF generally skews a much younger demo?

Christopher

So you're trying to defend a Fox News talking head that is literally just fed and regurgitates talking points as being a "good journalist" and then actually have the cognitive dissonance to say we have a hive mindset. Hilarious.

I guess now that's he's crossed your Fox News overlords, he's no longer the golden boy. He (and Fox News) have said far, far worse things before this innocuous statement. I suppose you were fine with all that stuff, though.

Ok I got a good laugh out of Fox News Overlords lol. Donald's has a pretty shit reputation, agreed, I just was thinking perhaps running for president he would change a bit, and see what he brought to the table politically instead of the same republican talking points.

Again god forbid I enjoy Fox News.

kess

Trump_Washing-Car_Thinking.jpg

i loled

geardo

Reading through this thread, and as someone that if I could vote for any candidate for presidency it would be Obama for a 3rd term, its kind of crazy how far left GAF swings in general. Like the rest of the country isnt that way at all but it seems GAF discussion often skews very left wing and very atheist.

I know a random observation and kind of out of place in this thread but its somewhat unique even in comparison to the rest of the internet. I genuinely wonder why that is.

Sorry if this feels out of place but the whole Megan Kelly thing made me think about it.

It probably has something to do with the fact that many of us signed up for GAF using our college email accounts. College-educated Republicans are a somewhat rarer breed than progressives (not saying that there aren't intelligent republicans; there are plenty). People on the right have been lamenting colleges as liberal cesspools for generations. Of course they assume that it has nothing to do with having more education, and trying to think about the world in a more intelligent, and pragmatic way as a result. It's all just liberal propaganda!

It probably has something to do with the fact that many of us signed up for GAF using our college email accounts. College-educated Republicans are a somewhat rarer breed than progressives (not saying that there aren't intelligent republicans; there are plenty). People on the right have been lamenting colleges as liberal cesspools for generations. Of course they assume that it has nothing to do with having more education, and trying to think about the world in a more intelligent, and pragmatic way as a result. It's all just liberal propaganda!

Yeah could be. I'm not accusing anyone of anything its just kind of unique. For example the last 2 pages we have one guy saying he likes Fox News and Kelly, and a mountain of posters disagreeing. Then you look at TV ratings and overall citizen voting trends and you realize the two are oceans away in terms of representation. Its something I've always noticed its just kind of strange.

Maybe the younger demo + college e-mail accounts is the main factors

Fat4all

Banned
Ok I got a good laugh out of Fox News Overlords lol. Donald's has a pretty shit reputation, agreed, I just was thinking perhaps running for president he would change a bit, and see what he brought to the table politically instead of the same republican talking points.

But is Santa Claus white? I need to know.

It's very important.

danm999

I'll say it again; Fox News completely botched their Trump ambush on this one and gave him momentum and talking points for the next few weeks.

They're probably just used to the people they're going after being less popular with conservatives than them, so they went after him like they would Obama or Clinton, but since their audience doesn't seem to have the innate dislike of Trump, it backfired.

There's already a lingering resentment in the party that the party establishment wants to foist another RINO (or what they perceive to be one) like Romney or McCain in the running and the takedown of Trump appears another attempt to do that.

Trump is now a nightmare; either he gets the nomination and closes any chance of the GOP being competitive in swing states, or he runs third party and splits the vote.

Link

The Autumn Wind

I'm not going to respect anyone that "enjoys" Fox News. It's a destructive, corrosive propaganda machine that does nothing but breed hate and bigotry. I guess if you want to feel good about horrible, outdated opinions while the rest of the world evolves, then sure. As for myself, I'll continue getting my news from legitimate sources.

Christopher

I'm not going to respect anyone that "enjoys" Fox News. It's a destructive, corrosive propaganda machine that does nothing but breed hate and bigotry. I guess if you want to feel good about horrible, outdated opinions while the rest of the world evolves, then sure. As for myself, I'll continue getting my news from legitimate sources.

again because I enjoy a program I'm the bigot that you don't respect. You obviously seem to swing to the left and I can respect that obviously you don't seem to share the same respect otherwise.

Again on topic Donald was completely out of line to Ms Kelly

again because I enjoy a program I'm the bigot that you don't respect. You obviously seem to swing to the left and I can respect that obviously you don't seem to share the same respect otherwise.

You were never called a bigot and you were criticized for enjoying fox news, not for being right wing.

Nobody is "respecting" you because you enjoy Fox News. Nobody is saying that you are a bigot. Cmon on man.

onipex

Fox news has offended women so many times its very hard for me to even have a negative reaction to this.

I feel that Fox News is just facing the beast they created and I don't care what they say or do to each other.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A few thousand tweets about something is not representative of the political beliefs of millions. I don't doubt there's some truth to that article but it's reaching for evidence. Anyone can gather up lunatic fringe debris and paint a picture with it if they want.

Fox News viewers almost rebelled on their own Death Star. It's SIGNIFICANT numbers.

Remember when the Tea Party was a ridiculous fringe movement that was gonna sputter out any minute?

A few thousand tweets about something is not representative of the political beliefs of millions. I don't doubt there's some truth to that article but it's reaching for evidence. Anyone can gather up lunatic fringe debris and paint a picture with it if they want.

Those tweets are just reinforcements of what is already known: that Trump's rise in the polls is a direct consequence of his views on immigration, racism and women.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Megan Kelly is a moron journalisticly speaking . I don't care what she looks like. Has this thread really been a graveyard. I haven't read back.

Megan Kelly is a moron journalisticly speaking . I don't care what she looks like. Has this thread really been a graveyard. I haven't read back.

Yeah, looking at updated thread title, didn't know this thread took a turn for the worse.

*goes to reading last few pages*

Dr Prob

Banned
This is giving Fox/the hard right a bit too much credit (as there has and unfortunately always will be an audience receptive to hateful, red meat nonsense) but they have been cultivating an atmosphere where this shit flies, and it's worked.

But now it's blown up in their face as the guy spouting off is not only unelectable (not even a serious candidate), but also actively sabotaging their efforts to build up any of these nutty candidates* by monopolizing the coverage, so they have to knock him out. And their angle of attack so far is diametrically opposed to the atmosphere they've been cultivating for so long so they're catching blowback.

It's glorious. Blatant hypocrisy is now in play, and though it's unlikely to have much of an effect in the long game, it's there -- teed up for the talking heads on the left when things return to 'normal' and Clinton becomes the recipient of this garbage.

Imagine having your whole elaborate scheme fucked up by Donald Trump of all people.

rNC9dEs.png

Senator, presidential candidate and part-time agent of the Dominion Ted Cruz

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This is giving Fox/the hard right a bit too much credit (as there has and unfortunately always will be an audience receptive to hateful, red meat nonsense) but they have been cultivating an atmosphere where this shit flies, and it's worked.

But now it's blown up in their face as the guy spouting off is not only unelectable (not even a serious candidate), but also actively sabotaging their efforts to build up any of these nutty candidates* by monopolizing the coverage, so they have to knock him out. And their angle of attack so far is diametrically opposed to the atmosphere they've been cultivating for so long so they're catching blowback.

It's glorious. Blatant hypocrisy is now in play, and though it's unlikely to have much of an effect in the long game, it's there -- teed up for the talking heads on the left when things return to 'normal' and Clinton becomes the recipient of this garbage.

Imagine having your whole elaborate scheme fucked up by Donald Trump of all people.

rNC9dEs.png

Senator, presidential candidate and part-time agent of the Dominion Ted Cruz

uckRGbD.jpg

kess

I'm still trying to figure out how Trump went from being a relatively innocuous cultural fixture to the Lord of Chaos in little over a month.

GAF is a video game forum. And a lot of video game fans tend to be scientists, engineers, geeks, nerds, and other such folk. Yes, they tend to swing towards the political part of the spectrum that takes evolution and climate change as true facts and serious issues. I'm sure the fact that the demographic skews younger also plays a role but as an old guy, that's not me.

Lol. What about the fact that Trump is the front runner?

OuterLimits

LOL> I started a thread with one of their videos a few days ago, here, but it sank like a ship. Hundreds looked, but only 2 replies. Nobody wanted to acknowledge people like that even exist I guess.

Trump has a strange group of followers at times.

I fully admit I'm a conservative and not a fan of Trump. No doubt though that some on the Right are supporting him, despite his rather liberal views in the past. To them it is more about being pissed off at the GOP leaders, and since Trump is telling them to Fuck off basically, they support him.

However, I have also talked with some moderate to very liberal friends who seem to like Donald for some reason. I of course thought they were just joking at first because he is causing an uproar in the Republican field. However, they insisted they liked his non PC approach and that it was "refreshing". My female boss even said she might vote for him over Clinton but she doesn't think he will win the nomination.

Of course I do think some of them were probably joking, despite their denials. However, the Trump phenomenon is a strange one. Remember, some Tea Party types like Ted Cruz and Ben Carson. Tea Party support wouldn't be enough right now to explain Trump doing as well in the polls.

I kept thinking Trump will tank after the debate. I may have been wrong on that though.

I know discussing GAF's moderation policy is verboten, but I think the apparent rate of account suicide is much higher among extreme conservatives than extreme liberals on this board. We're selecting for liberalism.

HariKari

I know discussing GAF's moderation policy is verboten, but I think the apparent rate of account suicide is much higher among extreme conservatives than extreme liberals on this board. We're selecting for liberalism.

One side tends to attract types that hold socially unacceptable stances or opinions more than the other. I don't think that's a revelation for anybody. If someone says something heinous, GAF isn't obligated to entertain their opinions or ideals in the name of imaginary fairness. An asshole is an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom