• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tells Duterte of two U.S. nuclear subs in Korean waters

oh my god omg

This dude is like an endless bag of popcorn. Unfortunately the popcorn is neither buttered or salted so it's nothing but disappointment.

KHarvey16

Are we taking bets that there's only actually the one sub they announced publicly last month and Trump just doubled it because Trump?

pulsemyne

What an idiot. The last thing that should ever be discussed is the possible location of nuclear subs. Just two ohio class subs could flatten north korea in a matter of hours.

Kilau

Are we taking bets that there's only actually the one sub they announced publicly last month and Trump just doubled it because Trump?

He was gloating over his electoral map and noticed Michigan is a state with two separate parts so he figured that the USS Michigan was two subs.

red731

c4jt321.png

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The Philippines are a US military ally, correct? Disclosing this information with the President of that country is not the problem. The leaking of this "confidential" cover sheet by the Americas division of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs." is the problem.

Am i wrong in that mindset?

The Philippines are a US military ally, correct? Disclosing this information with the President of that country is not the problem. The leaking of this "confidential" cover sheet by the Americas division of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs." is the problem.

Luckily only Duterte has heard about the two nuclear subs off the coast of North Korea.

Want to tell him our nuclear codes as well.....?

"You know, I have the best memory, the best. They made me memorize the nuclear codes and those are LONG, I tell you. 6448AHD578873499527HF3759966ABHX... See, it's crazy. But I have the best memory so it's no problem for me."

Beefy

It's Duterte dude... You don't tell him everything you know. There is common sense.

Ray Wonder

Luckily only Duterte has heard about the two nuclear subs off the coast of North Korea.

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you agreeing with me or being snarky? Because the leaks are the cause of everyone else knowing. Which is my point.

It's Duterte dude... You don't tell him everything you know.

They're a US military ally, he's the president of that country. I don't see why not.

Ray Wonder

There is common sense.

Yeah, I honestly think I'm the only one using it, right now. It feels like the twilight zone. Two allied presidents discussing confidential and potentially life threatening information, that gets leaked, and we're not pissed about the leak.

It's Duterte... the guy is insane, you don't tell him hardly anything. Just because he is a ally doesn't mean shit.

Yeah, dude is a nut. He's still the president of the Philippines.

Yeah, I honestly think I'm the only one using it, right now. It feels like the twilight zone. Two allied presidents discussing confidential and potentially life threatening information, that gets leaked, and we're not pissed about the leak.

Yeah, dude has a nut. He's still the president of the Philippines.

You're not the only one. Most of us are just sitting back eating our popcorn.

Beefy

Yeah, dude has a nut. He's still the president of the Philippines.

I get what you are saying, but there are allies then there are 'allies'. Not all allies are equal, not all allies are to be trusted, they are allies simply on name alone. I blame both the nut jobs.

meppi

I wonder what the number of people in the military or IC is right now that are going

ssFcvTm.gif

every time he opens his saggy flaphole.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I get what you are saying, but there are allies then there are 'allies'. Not all allies are equal, not all allies are to be trusted, they are allies simply on name alone. I blame both the nut jobs.

The Philippines is one of our strong allies in that area.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not sure if the phrasing itself is actually as offensive as it sounds inside my head or if this is just a textbook example of "look at that bitch eating crackers".

I think he has to constantly remind himself what nuclear deterrence is. Either that or he feels like he has to explain it to other people. It's a new concept to him, so he thinks other people aren't aware of how it works either.

"If we have them, why can't we use them?"

Stuff like that makes me think that there is literally nothing to the Russian collusion stories.
Trump is just an idiot and everyone who licks his ass for a bit could get valuable information from him. But I am fairly certain that he isn't knowingly engaging in any criminal activity, he is way too dumb for that.

KDR_11k

Didn't Duterte recently change his country's allegiance from the US to China? You know, the ally of North Korea?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Stuff like that makes me think that there is literally nothing to the Russian collusion stories.
Trump is just an idiot and everyone who licks his ass for a bit could get valuable information from him. But I am fairly certain that he isn't knowingly engaging in any criminal activity, he is way too dumb for that.

You can't be too dumb to commit a crime. Come on.

Ray Wonder

Didn't Duterte recently change his country's allegiance from the US to China? You know, the ally of North Korea?

Well, the Philippines is shaky as an ally right now, for one. Trump and him seem to get along, but Duterte pretty much told the US to fuck off and has gone to China and Russia for his needs now, and he really doesn't seem to have any real intention of mending that bridge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-separation-from-u-s/?utm_term=.c8baedf0cce5

He backtracked pretty hardcore after he said those things. Seems like he was bullshitting to make good with China.

4Tran

Yes, you're wrong. The fact that the President of the United States is giving away potential secrets as a way to brag to people is the bigger problem. Sure this time it's probably not a big deal because what Trump gave away is on the vague side, but there's always the chance that it can be something big next time, and that the problem is that Trump has no self control.

The fact that this information is leaking out is just a symptom of how badly Trump has lost the faith of the people ostensibly working for him. It's important albeit not as significant but it's still a condemnation of Trump's government.

China being an ally of North Korea isn't as big a deal as you may think. Unless the US is planning to attack North Korea, China is on more or less the same page right now.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the most amusing thing anout this is that from reading the leak you can immediately tell trump really did say that. his braggart style of speaking is so repetitive and obvious from a mile away.

Top Bottom