• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to decertify Iran Deal

He has NO IDEA what the terrain in Iran is like; I'll guarantee it.

I don't think he really cares either.

He just wants to wag the dog and appease the zealots backing him.

If you're taking advice from John Bolton there's only way this is going to go.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vox.../16219896/john-bolton-plan-pull-out-iran-deal

"Based on the evidence that's been presented to the intelligence community, it appears that Iran is in compliance with the rules that were laid out in the JCPOA," Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told Congress in July.

In the runup to the invasion of Iraq, Bolton served as the undersecretary of state for arms control and international security in the Bush administration. Both Davenport and Lewis point out that he was a key player in pushing for the war based on cherry-picked intelligence suggesting that Iraq’s leader Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

“Bolton was pretty central to that and he’s replicating that experience,” Lewis said.

In addition to his concerns about compliance, Bolton also points out that Iran’s international behavior is strategically at odds with the US’s. Iran backs militant groups like Hezbollah and others that threaten US allies in the Middle East.

If you want a war with a Middle East country that starts with an I, bring in the expert.

He has NO IDEA what the terrain in Iran is like; I'll guarantee it.

DMB5XaBVQAAB0CS.jpg

Hell, he has no idea he's also President to the Virgin islands.

No reason to panic here.

Trump will just avoid touching this deal like the incompetent lazyass motherfucker he is, leading to some stupid, half-assed isolationism, the rest of the world wil be pretty happy to trade with Iran, Iran won’t arm themselves because they won’t give two fucks about the US, the end.

The best thing about Trump is that he’s too incompetent and lazy to actually plan and follow through anything.

aeolist

Banned
iran never should have made a deal with us to begin with, it's clear we're not trustworthy and the only way to stop us from steamrolling them sooner or later is getting nukes.

american foreign policy has completely undermined all of the nonproliferation efforts of the last century. every country in the world has seen what we do to nations that don't have nukes.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Some explanation of what's going on:

McMaster Wants to Save the Iran Deal by Hiding It From Trump

The measure was designed to put President Barack Obama (and anticipated successor Hillary Clinton) in a bind—forcing politically-uncomfortable declarations in support of an unpopular nuclear accord on the regular. But in the age of Trump, the 90-day-deadline has presented an unanticipated problem.

“Trump doesn’t want to have to be embarrassed every 90 days,” a Senate aide told The Daily Beast.

Hahaha fucking idiots, did they really think they'd never go back into the WH that they tied their hands like that?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Hey - yo America. You should do something about this Trump guy, I'm beginning to think he may not know what he's doing.

Trump is holding a press conference right now about the Iran deal. So far he's spent his speech doing nothing but slate the government so far. "Regime", "terrorists", "murderers", and "death to America" are some of the choice quotes he's described the country as.

Are we sure he's not going to outright kill the deal, rather than "decertify" it?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking hate his attempt at a serious and sombre voice more than his usual annoying as shit voice.
Yeah, that's probably my second most despised thing he does. The one where he juts out his lower jaw and sucks air through his teeth is my most hated of his tics.

But I mean, I despise every fiber of his being so I'm kind of picking nits.

Pbae

Can Dick Cheney please come out of hiding and shoot this fucking moron in the face?

I'll fucking even forgive your war crimes if you did this Dick.

Pbae

The dude just said "many people believe" as a use of evidence that Iran is in violation.

What.

He brought up shit from 1983 as reasoning.

He's a fucking moron surrounded by even more fucking morons.

edit: AND FUCKING BRING UP SAUDI "FUND MOST TERRORIST"ARABIA TOO IF YOU'RE GOING TO BRING UP ANY STATE THAT SPONSOR TERRORISM.

iammeiam

Calling for major sanctions...

...because they violated the "spirit" of the agreement.

Seriously he could be spending this time and energy on Puerto Rico instead of fucking up things he doesn't understand.

"This is SO totally important" -- things the President probably shouldn't feel the need to say when talking about nuclear proliferation.

Top Bottom