• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Wants ‘Goddamned Steam,’ Not Digital Catapults on Aircraft Carriers

How is there not an army of government insiders bring this fucking moron down? How can any high level civil servant who has dedicated their entire adult life to their career, work under this idiot as the POTUS?

post-30325-bunk-moreland-cigar-gif-Imgur-weiW.gif

My thoughts exactly.

jaxpunk

So he said cut the digital and go with steam that works. Am I missing something that everyone seems to be falling over themselves to shit on him about?

How is there not an army of government insiders bring this fucking moron down? How can any high level civil servant who has dedicated their entire adult life to their career, work under this idiot as the POTUS?
Trump believes the last thing anyone tells him. Navy will pull him aside for a meeting, then he'll make a statement about how it was more complicated than he thought and they're definitely going with the digital.

Incarmine

Banned
So he said cut the digital and go with steam that works. Am I missing something that everyone seems to be falling over themselves to shit on him about?

The cost overrun is mostly organizational, not related to the technology used. Also digital catapults provide more benefits and fix many of steam's faults and seems to be less maintenance over time.

Trump is probably just upset that it sounds like emails.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
At least the president admitted he's too fucking dumb to understand the thing he hates.

So...you know. Progress.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Steam = coal and coal = good!

That's literally a possible thinking process for him.

It's dumber than that.
Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.

He just thinks it looks more badass.

How long before he wants those truck nuts on our aircraft carriers?

Dishwalla

Banned
I think he should serve as a sailor working on those catapults before he says something like this. The fact that he never even served in the military in any capacity makes me laugh at him for saying this.

Also you don't have to be Albert Einstein, they have A schools in the Navy for a reason. I'm an Electronics Technician, one of hardest rates in the Navy, and I sure am not Albert Einstein.

Well, I mean, what benefit does digital provide over steam? Why are we spending hundreds of millions to upgrade? Fuck Trump, aside. I don't really trust the military after the trillion dollar jet debacle. Military spending has gotten egregious.

Trump believes the last thing anyone tells him. Navy will pull him aside for a meeting, then he'll make a statement about how it was more complicated than he thought and they're definitely going with the digital.

lol, and he'll probably say it was his idea to go digital.

off-topic: there's something strangely familiar about your avatar... is it from an anime?

SmugSnake

Neo Member
Well, I mean, what benefit does digital provide over steam? Why are we spending hundreds of millions to upgrade? Fuck Trump, aside. I don't really trust the military after the trillion dollar jet debacle. Military spending has gotten egregious.

Maybe read the last paragraph in the OP?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The President of the United States just took the name of God in vain.

Still high Evangelical support, though.

You gotta love how Obama is more of a Christian than this guy and yet he's the one who is still called a Muslim.

Steam, I can see and feel steam. People don't realize how powerful steam is. It's true. It powered trains, very reliably for years and years. Digital... what even is it. Can it be hacked? These are the questions smart people are asking.

Mivey

And people say Steam isn't a monopoly. I mean, the President of the United States is even forcing people to use it.

Pastry

Banned
Good thing Trump won't actually be able to influence this. He'll forget about i tomorrow and they'll continue on with digital but good god is he dumb.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What is digital? Who controls these? Some 400 pound guy on a bed somewhere? He's a mess.

Top Bottom