• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's evangelical adviser: ‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.'

Eusis

Man there just really is no "big picture" benefit to religion anymore. What a bust.
EDIT: Eh, I'll take that out. However, I'd definitely still want heavier scrutinizing of these religions and to try to avoid people being forced into them as children. These kinds of mentalities and views are toxic and increasingly dangerous.

Though I'd love to rip the knowledge and memories they have of religion from the heads of these pastors. Rip away what they've dedicated their life to, and what they'd been using in the worst, most exploitive and potentially destructive way.

I can say with 100 percent certainty that this evangelical leader has absolutely no authority from God to say these things. Especially if he's using the Bible to justify a potential lunatic shooting missiles at another country.

Plus the Book of Romans is the one of the most misunderstood books of the Bible. So many people have used it to justify things that are wrong.

Volimar

didnt Bush 2 start the Iraq war because God told him to? so he could stop the biblical characters Gog and Magog (or sth)?

this is how America operates at the highest level, as a Christian extremist nation. not surprising.

No, of course not. It's justification for the religious to make war okay, but that wasn't the actual reason.

Monocle

Man there just really is no "big picture" benefit to religion anymore. What a bust.
Hardly a recent development if we're honest. The world could have done without the Inquisition.

Even that example is probably too recent to make the point.

not long now before someone unironically creates a render of an apparition of jesus standing behind trump and guiding his hand toward the nuke button

Yeah, that's kind of true.

As a recent Christian convert, it never ceases to amaze me how many Christians have not read the bible or studied it thoroughly...

Oh, this is no failure of scholarship. This is a willful perversion. He's fully aware of what Romans says and how absurd his usage here is when taken in the full context, and he's doing it anyway for the easy pop he'll get from the cheap seats.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Finally, since moral authority was the only thing stopping us from taking out NK.

Nictel

Also Romans 13 said:
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

after-calling-for-the-us-to-get-down-to-business-trump-goes-on-his-23rd-golfing-trip-of-his-19-weeks-in-office.jpg

Say what now?

Trump isn't even a real christian, ego maniacs don't have room for someone being better than them not even an invisible guy in the clouds. I'm sure he's going to listen to this guy.

SRG01

Oh, this is no failure of scholarship. This is a willful perversion. He's fully aware of what Romans says and how absurd his usage here is when taken in the full context, and he's doing it anyway for the easy pop he'll get from the cheap seats.

Wilfull perversion... Evil does exist in this world :(

Fuck this asshole. My dad used to go to this dudes church a few years back and I got dragged to one of the services once. Started giving my dad side eyes when this guy ended the service by talking about his new book about Obama being the death of America or whatever and promoting one his appearances on Fox. My dad ended up bailing on the church after Jeffress jumped hard on the Trump train though, thankfully

I can't get over how absolutely retarded that sounds.
What an absolute disgrace for humanity in the US that they have a president who is incapable beyond words and then also having to deal with an inhumane centuries outdated religion that should have been silenced decades ago. What a waste of potential.

Avalanche

I believe it was the gospel of Luke wherein Jesus said "Love thy neighbour, and let the Korean Peninsula be engulfed in a ball of fire."

Or maybe it was Mark? Can never remember.

Its amazing the lack of introspection American Christianity can have when they do or say things that basically sound the same as religious extremists they'd be fervently against if you asked them.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
People will say this corrupts the true meaning of God or whatever, but I think this gets back to the very original form of religion: some medicine man or woman saying a bunch of hocus pocus to justify to the people of the tribe what the leader already intends to do.

I swear, what the fuck is it with white evangelicals being evil manipulative motherfuckers?

I guess when your life revolves around supply side jesus and rapture, you're bound to be fucked in the head.

Kinyou

He said that many pacifist Christians will cite Romans 12, which says, ”Do not repay evil for evil," but Jeffress says that that passage is referring to Christians, not to the government.
Oh, that makes sense

...wait, what?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fuck this asshole. My dad used to go to this dudes church a few years back and I got dragged to one of the services once. Started giving my dad side eyes when this guy ended the service by talking about his new book about Obama being the death of America or whatever and promoting one his appearances on Fox. My dad ended up bailing on the church after Jeffress jumped hard on the Trump train though, thankfully

Why the FUCK is it that every time I hear about a church, it involves political activity as part of services?! Turn these people in! My religion can't get away with these kinds of actions, nor should yours.

If his argument is that Romans 13 says that established powers are god given and as such, Trump has god's approval, they might keep reading and realize tax cuts and tax evasion are pretty fucking blasphemous as they're god's tribute.

akira28

I swear, what the fuck is it with white evangelicals being evil manipulative motherfuckers?

I guess when your life revolves around supply side jesus and rapture, you're bound to be fucked in the head.

because instead of everyone being a part of god's plan..everyone is to be a victim of their god's plan. Everyone but them, that is.

SeeThree

I burst out laughing when I read the OP.

You are not alone.

Its amazing that we have shameless people willing to go on record that they once "shared cheeseburgers at Wendy's" and came to the conclusion that "God" wanted Trump as President.

Bonus laughs with OP Avatar "I'm with SCIENCE"

Top Bottom