• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

I did a few more of the tests. I've done everything but Pokemon, Final Fantasy and Street Fighter and I'm level 20. I don't like my chances on those though. :p

I don't think I got a single Pokemon question wrong the entire time I was going through those tests. I used to be obsessed with the originals.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't think I got a single Pokemon question wrong the entire time I was going through those tests. I used to be obsessed with the originals.
I was a little too old when it came out and only really played through Red because I borrowed it from a girlfriend's little brother. I'm not expecting to get very many right.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Considering in the 'free game thread' AI posted "Countdown updated", I think it's safe to assume the countdown is for the free game perk.

I suppose that's good enough proof. I still find it odd that "Mister C" said he was going to send me 48 advance notice of when the perk was going live, only to have the AI post a countdown clock. Maybe the left-hand isn't talking to the right-hand, lol.

Sooo...Monday we'll find out the details of the perk, and then it goes live Feb. 7th. Also, "Mister C" gave me an email scan that said the perk is going live "mid-February". The 7th isn't mid, so I'm just a bit confused here.

I suppose that's good enough proof. I still find it odd that "Mister C" said he was going to send me 48 advance notice of when the perk was going live, only to have the AI post a countdown clock. Maybe the left-hand isn't talking to the right-hand, lol.

Sooo...Monday we'll find out the details of the perk, and then it goes live Feb. 7th. Also, "Mister C" gave me an email scan that said the perk is going live "mid-February". The 7th isn't mid, so I'm just a bit confused here.

This is likely. The AI told me this in an e-mail when I got the ACR DLC:

"One of thisAI's creators wishes to be wily with requests, attempting to shun thisAI. Improper processing procedure!"

LeetBM

Neo Member
This is likely. The AI told me this in an e-mail when I got the ACR DLC:

"One of thisAI's creators wishes to be wily with requests, attempting to shun thisAI. Improper processing procedure!"

These people confuse the heck out of me. Mister C told me that other "Misters" don't agree with him giving me all this insider information. He specifically said Misters A, B, and D aren't happy, while him and Mister E are fine giving away so much information.

Did anyone here go to the Assassin's Creed: Revelations launch in Toronto, and if so which Mister was there?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If this 60$ game deal is through Future Shop, would it work on pre-orders you guys think? I assume it's not just a regular gift card though or else it could work elsewhere.

Also they said it would be for ALL G-List members, because that was the real crazy part about it, right? I'm assuming then it wouldnt come with further requirements beyond level 10.

That was fast. Submitted the Dungeon Defenders challenge and it was approved while I was doing trivia, so I got 1355XP for one correct answer (1300+55). :lol

LeetBM

Neo Member
Does anyone here want to attempt to get the Co-op Saturday Left 4 Dead 2 challenge. I have it for Xbox 360. Today's the last day!

1,200 Exp + 1 Extra Live

LeetBM

Neo Member
If this 60$ game deal is through Future Shop, would it work on pre-orders you guys think? I assume it's not just a regular gift card though or else it could work elsewhere.

Also they said it would be for ALL G-List members, because that was the real crazy part about it, right? I'm assuming then it wouldnt come with further requirements beyond level 10.

Mister C's exact wording to me was this perk would be for "all active G-List member".

At first I was thinking this meant ALL G-Listers, but I'm hung-up on the word "active". I'm thinking now it is either:

(1) You have to contribute to the Community forum discussion (therefore active), or
(2) You have to have completed a certain amount of trivia (therefore active), or
(3) You have to have completed at least one challenge (therefore active).

I could be completely wrong and it could just be Level 10, however just to be safe I've participated in the above three. It's not like any of it was boring either, I was playing video games, testing my game knowledge, and talking with fellow gamers. Three things I'm willing to do all day anyway, lol.

LeetBM

Neo Member
One other thing I haven't mentioned, during my sit down chat with Mister C he told me that "US gamers will want this", which makes sense given the perks; however, he implied that one day the site would be for Canada + US. I'm guessing they're working with US companies to figure who's willing to supply perks?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is anyone else getting a weird request to install an extension in Chrome from the Cinemanow website?

I have no idea what it's trying to install.

EDIT: It appears to be a Roxio plugin to download the movies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
How long does it take to process a challenge usually? My cut the rope one was done the day after, but the pokemon still hasn't been processed and I submitted it like 2 days ago?

krae_man

How long does it take to process a challenge usually? My cut the rope one was done the day after, but the pokemon still hasn't been processed and I submitted it like 2 days ago?

Mine have always been 24 hours. Weekend in the middle might be different. Photo submissions seem to be done manually.

How long did it take you?

A few hours. I was already at 1200 skill when I started.

LeetBM

Neo Member
How long did it take you?

I can either do the Left4Dead 2 Realism challenge(lol) or the Wii Tennis one.

If anyone is pro at Left4Dead 2 and wants to try the challenge online, pm me!

Yes, I want to try for the Left 4 Dead 2 challenge! Xbox 360 I hope...! PMing you.

LeetBM

Neo Member
How do you redeem stuff exactly? over the last 2hrs I made myself go from lv1 to lv13.

They give you promo codes. For one of them I went on to futureshop.ca, put the item in my cart, checked out and inputted the promo code given.

EGM92

They give you promo codes. For one of them I went on to futureshop.ca, put the item in my cart, checked out and inputted the promo code given.

Alright I get it, but how do you get a promo code? do you need to accomplish something?

Fuzzy

How do you redeem stuff exactly? over the last 2hrs I made myself go from lv1 to lv13.
Bottom left click on "Enter the G-list member area" then click on "Perks" and pick what you want. Right now the only things available are 10% off games at Future Shop, a draw for Renegade Ops, $50 off at Cinema Now, and a digital magazine. They might have Steam codes left for the Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC since I didn't see anyone enter for them in the thread. The $99 3DS offer starts Monday.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Finally beat Left 4 Dead 2 on Expert Realism. Hopefully I get credit for completing the Co-op Saturday Challenge!

Riptwo

Finally beat Left 4 Dead 2 on Expert Realism. Hopefully I get credit for completing the Co-op Saturday Challenge!
My friends and I were gonna go for this one tonight, but we saw that it changed to BF3 right after it finished downloading on my friend's laptop. Sad times!

LeetBM

Neo Member
My friends and I were gonna go for this one tonight, but we saw that it changed to BF3 right after it finished downloading on my friend's laptop. Sad times!

I didn't have a chance to submit it on time, changed to BF3 minutes before. Hope I can still get recognition.

Fuzzy

I didn't have a chance to submit it on time, changed to BF3 minutes before. Hope I can still get recognition.
If you don't get it then I feel kind of bad because it was my post asking when the new challenge would go up that made them finally update it.

LeetBM

Neo Member
If you don't get it then I feel kind of bad because it was my post asking when the new challenge would go up that made them finally update it.

It's all good. I just can't believe I finally got, been playing L4D2 for so long now and could never beat it on Expert, let alone with Realism added in.

They have to set the submission dates back a day in my opinion. It clearly said to submit by "Jan 28", which I did. We'll see...

It's all good. I just can't believe I finally got, been playing L4D2 for so long now and could never beat it on Expert, let alone with Realism added in.

They have to set the submission dates back a day in my opinion. It clearly said to submit by "Jan 28", which I did. We'll see...

Well, all the challenges say "Ends by [date goes here]". That wording would make me think submit them before that day. The AI is pretty forgiving, though.

Finally completed that Wii Sports challenge. I'm never playing that game again. 0-2000 took forever. Still, I supposed I'm pretty good at it now, so if anyone wants to challenge me in the future, I'll likely kick their ass. Feels good man.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Well, all the challenges say "Ends by [date goes here]". That wording would make me think submit them before that day. The AI is pretty forgiving, though.

AI accepted my L4D2 challenge submission which gave me 1200 Exp + 1 Life. That puts me over Level 18! :D

LeetBM

Neo Member
Finally completed that Wii Sports challenge. I'm never playing that game again. 0-2000 took forever. Still, I supposed I'm pretty good at it now, so if anyone wants to challenge me in the future, I'll likely kick their ass. Feels good man.

That's my next Challenge to attempt...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Heh, I like how the challenge reward messages are personalized. Someone likes my sexy Saints Row character.

Smo21

TSILON said:
Reference: Both PS Vita and PS Monitor perks were first requests served. 3DS likely following suit across request timeframes.

Currently assessing a penalty for those attempting multiple account redemptions.

Seems like the 3ds is 1st come 1st serve... :(

LeetBM

Neo Member
How many hours of Wii Sports am I going to have to invest to get this Challenge? I haven't played the game in years so I'm probably starting from scratch.

Top Bottom