• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

krae_man

Simpsons Challange down, back to working on Golden Abyss. It looks like the amount of XP required per level caps off at 2000xp per level. It doesn't seem to be growing any longer.

Quadratic

I just got the FFXIII-2 trophy but the challenge switched to KoA. Is it too late to submit? I spent all week trying to get that trophy :( It's technically not Monday yet on the west coast.

I just got the FFXIII-2 trophy but the challenge switched to KoA. Is it too late to submit? I spent all week trying to get that trophy :( It's technically not Monday yet on the west coast.

Submit it, you have nothing to lose. Wouldn't hurt to submit a help thing to the AI either.

Anyone know which trophy that Kingdoms of Amalur challenge is? I've been playing the game a lot but I don't recognize the name of that trophy.

EDIT: Oh, it's beat the game on hard mode. Well I was going for the Plat anyway so of course I already started the game on hard mode, but I'm only about halfway through the game after about 60 hours. I really don't want to have to rush through the rest of the game just to complete this challenge...

Well I was going for the Plat anyway so of course I already started the game on hard mode, but I'm only about halfway through the game after about 60 hours. I really don't want to have to rush through the rest of the game just to complete this challenge...

Then please don't! I almost did something like that once or twice for a challenge and I realised that no matter which perk is to come(I don't think it will beat a free game), it won't worth speeding through a game I planned to enjoy slowly.

I know that I am already a trophy addict and I need to 100% almost everything... if I start to be the same with those challenges, their time constraint will change my hobby into a hellish race against the clock and will take me out of the way I enjoy games. If it is doable and respect my play style or does not disrupt it by much, I go for the challenge.

I would try to submit with a picture instead of PSN ID and maybe send a message explaining that I worked hard to get it. However, please note that the challenges are supposed to update at 10am PST. So technically, the FFXIII-2 challenge ended Sunday morning. But most often, the AI does not update challenges on time and you get a few extra hours to submit.

DJ_Lae

Awesome, just beat Amalur on hard the other day, so that's one easy challenge down. Makes up for me giving up on the Secret of Mana one as I just couldn't find the time to do it.

(though much of that time was spent playing KoA, so...)

vulva

I'm finally back in the game. I've been away in LA all week+ so I haven't had much time to check in on the website. I need to hook up my Wii again for that Henry in NMH challenge. I'm still not sure if I can do the Castle Crashers one since I haven't really played the game since it came out.

I'm finally back in the game. I've been away in LA all week+ so I haven't had much time to check in on the website. I need to hook up my Wii again for that Henry in NMH challenge. I'm still not sure if I can do the Castle Crashers one since I haven't really played the game since it came out.

Pretty quick challenge. The Ice Castle is before the end of the game and you can get the fish weapon in a level found before the Ice King. Game is relatively short.

DJ_Lae

hmm the second cube just lit up at the top of my screen, anyone else.?

Nope.

I'm level 26 at the moment, haven't done any meetups or online games or anything, but a good chunk of the challenges. Not sure what might have triggered it.

edit - ah, 30 then, that's what I get for leaving this thread open and not refreshing it.

Vamphuntr

Already had the KoA achievement so that was an easy one to get I guess. Wonder what the new iOS game will be. They are the easiest to do for me since you can carry your phone everywhere.

Already had the KoA achievement so that was an easy one to get I guess. Wonder what the new iOS game will be. They are the easiest to do for me since you can carry your phone everywhere.
same, hope it's a fun one at least (or better yet something I've already completed like jetpack joyride lol).

kurahadol

I'm at 28 right now, almost 29. I've done quite a few challenges but not as many as others. I'd like to do that KoA one but I haven't even started playing the game and won't have time to start until Thursday or Friday, meaning there's no way in hell I could breeze through the game in 2-3 days.

DJ_Lae

Nice, new challenges (and JUST got my Mana one in on time).

Mario Bros 2 - Beat Fryguy with full health.

Where's My Water? (mobile) - Tri-Ducked Sink or Swim.

Not quite sure what's required of the second one, but I've been meaning to try out that game for a while so I'll give it a go.

Oh, 1200xp and 1up for the Mario challenge, 1100xp for the mobile.

EGM92

Nice, new challenges (and JUST got my Mana one in on time).

Mario Bros 2 - Beat Fryguy with full health.

Where's My Water? (mobile) - Tri-Ducked Sink or Swim.

Not quite sure what's required of the second one, but I've been meaning to try out that game for a while so I'll give it a go.

Oh, 1200xp and 1up for the Mario challenge, 1100xp for the mobile.

Both should be very easy :D, the retro ones are great.

jred2k

Where's My Water? challenge is super easy, did it in 20 mins or so using the free version on ipad.
The iPad free version might be different than the free iPhone version, but if they aren't you can't do that challenge. The challenge is for the "Sink or Swim" level set. The only level set available in the free version I have is "Meet Swampy".

Baha

The iPad free version might be different than the free iPhone version, but if they aren't you can't do that challenge. The challenge is for the "Sink or Swim" level set. The only level set available in the free version I have is "Meet Swampy".

Ahh you're right. Crap.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
There are two level sets available on the iPhone but you're right that neither of them are the right ones. Too bad I didn't get it for free back in November from Facebook. I tripled the first set and half of the second set but I don't know if I really want this game.

zeitgeist

I just noticed on the back of the SMB2 challenge that it says we need a piece of paper with our name in the photo. Was this always the case?

I have done SMB3, SOM and Tetris and have never put my name in the photo and they were all accepted.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just noticed on the back of the SMB2 challenge that it says we need a piece of paper with our name in the photo. Was this always the case?

I have done SMB3, SOM and Tetris and have never put my name in the photo and they were all accepted.
It's probably a new requirement for all photo challenges. I've already been doing that.

EGM92

Just submitted my SMB2, super easy. Just incase people want to get to world 4 very quickly, there's a door in world 1-3 that'll warp you there if you got a pot in the right place.

Anyone know exactly what you have to do for the where's my water challenge?

Gamejunky

Went and rented Ultimate MvC3 to try to get the achievement and i'm god damn awful at that game. Usually wouldn't ask here but does anyone want to boost that achieve with me today? I can't even get one win much less ten, I get juggled in the air for almost my entire life bar. If anything at least renting it has made me realize I definitely don't want to buy it. (Haven't rented a game in over 10 years btw)

Just submitted my SMB2, super easy. Just incase people want to get to world 1 very quickly, there's a door in world 1-3 that'll warp you there if you got a pot in the right place.

I found that shortcut absolutely by accident, lol.

edit: What does it mean name AND G-List ID required in the photo....do they just mean your tsilon.ca username? Or they want my actual name, lol.

Went and rented Ultimate MvC3 to try to get the achievement and i'm god damn awful at that game. Usually wouldn't ask here but does anyone want to boost that achieve with me today? I can't even get one win much less ten, I get juggled in the air for almost my entire life bar. If anything at least renting it has made me realize I definitely don't want to buy it. (Haven't rented a game in over 10 years btw)

Can you boost in ranked matches?

Gamejunky

Can you boost in ranked matches?

Yeah here's a quote from trueachievements.com on how to get this achieve:

This achievement IS boostable. Both player should set their Xbox locale to the same region as each other, preferably one where the local timezone would be at around 2-3am. Then, one person creates a lobby with Region set to 'Same' and rank set to 'Any'. The other person then searches with Region set to 'Same' and rank set to 'Any'.

Honestly I don't even think you have to mess with the region settings, I was online looking for matches and it took about 5 min to find each match. I assume people don't play ranked?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I found that shortcut absolutely by accident, lol.

edit: What does it mean name AND G-List ID required in the photo....do they just mean your tsilon.ca username? Or they want my actual name, lol.

If you go to G-LIST, find yourself on it, there's something like T12.09123 or something, that's your member ID.

jred2k

Just submitted my SMB2, super easy. Just incase people want to get to world 4 very quickly, there's a door in world 1-3 that'll warp you there if you got a pot in the right place.

It just means you have to get all the ducks on that "Sink or Swim" level set. Its comparable to getting all stars in Cut the Rope. IRS actually pretty easy, though. I did it from scratch in about 2-3hours.

Top Bottom