• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok 2 (canceled 360/PS3) Art/Renders/Screens - Feathers, Scales, and Spikes, Oh My!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm.... I'm excited?

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh mah Gawd, I'm getting hyped!

I had totally forgotten Bish was a dev.

Kusagari

If this is coming back I hope bish knows to add the best half-cyborg, racist Southern dinosaur general into the game.

Yes, I was. It was going in a great direction when canceled. Btw, those cover mockups weren't part of the package, somebody must have put those together later.

Still, from pain comes something cool. Keep your fingers crossed for me, wouldja?

Rights have reverted back to Classic Media, afaik.

Jawmuncher, to answer your question - this iteration is dead. The amount of hoops you'd have to jump through would make it completely non-viable from a commercial aspect, and that's assuming that Disney would even want to give up the code rights. That is locked in a vault forever. Funny, just last week I was out for coffee with a couple of the concept artists and dinosaur modellers from T2 taking about the project...I wonder who released this material. Wasn't me!
Always wondered if your PM to me a while back was relevant to something you're working on. Interesting, glad to know TUROK FANS EXIST IN DROVES!

Seriously, Halo needs a Tek Bow, Razor Wind, Cerebral Bore or something to fill that void if Turok won't be coming back.

It looks like it would have been more of the same from the other Turok game which was shit so I can't say I'm too saddened to see this was canned.

Edit: Would be down for a new Turok though, we need more Dino games!

legacyzero

Banned
Dont you play me like this, Bish!

I really think it should go back to what it was before. Lots of big guns, lots of exploration, and lots of dudes and dinos dying and flying all over the place.

Mechazawa

I wonder if Bish is alluding to another Turok reboot or a Turok spiritual successor.

I can't imagine the last gen universe has enough clout that they'd make a follow up to that.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If a new one is being made, I hope it leans towards the earlier games, rather than the gritty Gears-of-War-lite aesthetic of the 2008 game.

Apathy

Hey Bish, any cool behind the scene stories you can tell us without getting in trouble. I always like hearing about development of games, specially cancelled ones.

Didn't even know this thread was an old one, so I came in expecting to be heartbroken by cool concepts that would never see use. Now i'm pleasantly surprised. I played Turok a ton on N64. I'm ready for this.

Top Bottom