• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok 2 (canceled 360/PS3) Art/Renders/Screens - Feathers, Scales, and Spikes, Oh My!

First time hearing about this, and I'm usually in the loop about cancelled games and prototypes. I'll be watching this space for what Stage 1 means :D

well that's a mystery...

no way is Disney putting together a team solely to re-reboot Turok, so who the hell would want to touch the license with even a ten foot pole?

shandy706

Hype levels rising!!!@#!@#

zzjowm.gif

that's too bad. there aren't enough dinosaur games. I actually thought turok 1 was okay and just a victim of early 360 gen development.

I'd love a new exploration oriented FPS like Dinosaur Hunter and Seeds of Evil.

I haven't played Turok 2008. Did it have any exploration elements?

Artorias

Banned
This is awesome. I played the hell out of Turok 1 and 2, never played the newer ones though.

With Sony buying the rights to Valiant Comics films, does anyone see a chance of a Turok film in the near future? I know they have the first few planned out but a Turok movie could be so cool.

RexNovis

Banned
To this day Turok 2: Seed of Evil is my favorite singleplayer FPS game. I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid (still kinda am tbh don't judge me). Especially raptors (thanks Jurassic Park) Explosive arrows and cerebral bore were the shit. It was so brutal and it was just the epitome of cool for me at the time.

I say this because I want you to understand how hard it is for me to say the reboot in 2008 sucked. It sucked so so bad it was basically irredeemable. In my mind Prey was the real Turok reboot. So if somebody tells me that they cancelled a follow up to the 2008 game my response is no shit and thank god. Which I realize is kind of a horrible thing to say but seriously there are few games that made me that angry at their abject failure to live up to even the most basic expectations. I really hope we get the reboot we deserve one day but for the love of all that is good keep it away from that developer. Let them make their own IP instead I'm sure they'd appreciate bit being confined to the franchise and maybe something brilliant will come out of it. But, honestly, what they released was not a Turok successor and opening themselves up to that comparison only does the game and the developers a disservice.

Edit: and reading thorough this thread now I realize I just insulted Bish's studio.
(*O*)/ Whelp it was nice knowing you GAF

shandy706

take-my-money.gif

throwing-money-away.gif

Edit**

Hey Bish, you should alter the thread title. :)

Edit** 2

Or, maybe not...I'd expect a new thread for new news when it hits...derp

Jawmuncher

To this day Turok 2: Seed of Evil is my favorite singleplayer FPS game. I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid (still kinda am tbh don't judge me). Especially raptors (thanks Jurassic Park) Explosive arrows and cerebral bore were the shit. It was so brutal and it was just the epitome of cool for me at the time.

I say this because I want you to understand how hard it is for me to say the reboot in 2008 sucked. It sucked so so bad it was basically irredeemable. In my mind Prey was the real Turok reboot. So if somebody tells me that they cancelled a follow up to the 2008 game my response is no shit and thank god. Which I realize is kind of a horrible thing to say but seriously there are few games that made me that angry at their abject failure to live up to even the most basic expectations. I really hope we get the reboot we deserve one day but for the love of all that is good keep it away from that developer.
To this day I personally still see Turok 2008 as the best game in the series. Was the dinosaur game I always imagined when I was younger. No aliens, cyborgs, or other goofy stuff. Just me, Dino's, and evil humans to kill.

RexNovis

Banned
To this day I personally still see Turok 2008 as the best game in the series. Was the dinosaur game I always imagined when I was younger. No aliens, cyborgs, or other goofy stuff. Just me, Dino's, and evil humans to kill.

The absurdity of OG Turok is half the fun. If I had never played a Turok game before I probably would've loved the 2008 game but since I have it just was not what was expecting at all and it left me incredibly disappointed. But hey that's just one man's opinion. Tall are certainly entitled to disagree. To be honest it was the game design that threw me for a loop with the reboot I actually thought the dinosaur art/models were pretty great throughout.

Can there be a sequel to the original series since the end of 3 setup more plot threads? AIthough, I would be just as happy with a Turok 2 Seeds of Evil remake as long as the original soundtrack remains.

Stiler

We need more Dinosaur games period.

Sad it got canned, just like I was sad when they canned BC (the Lionhead game with dinos).

Though personally I wasn't a huge fan of the 2008 reboot, preferred the original Turok, no "space marine" stuff.

Links_fantasy

It doesn't have any personality, and looks worse than the N64 games in my opinion. Acclaim were one of the best devs during the N64 days, I'd love to see Shadowman return though as that had a very dark and eerie story and world.

Javin98

Banned
stage 1 incoming
Came in expecting someone who just played Turok to revive the thread. Glanced through the thread and found this. Now I'm fucking hyped for another dinosaur game besides GG's Horizon. Good luck, Bish. BTW, I had no idea you were a dev.

Top Bottom