• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok demo coming VERY soon and more info

Yagharek

So is there a snowball's chance in hell of being able to play as a T-Rex and bite someone? Instant sale if you can.

bishoptl said:
360 was the lead platform, so the PS3 version of the demo was a little late. That's par for the course with most multiplatform games so far, I don't think we're in such bad company. :p Anyways, you'll see the demo released on Live and PSN in the near future, and get a taste of the meat fountain for yourself. Full game is out on Feb. 5th.

No PC?

A close friend of mine got the Turok Demo from Gamestop. He's really into Shooter and after his little short playtime it was a No buy. But hey, opinions are going to be different.

I watched Jurassic Park on t.v. today and let me tell ya....BRing on some Turok!!!onE!

I suggest you all watch Jurassic Park on Feb 4th.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
:Groan: Those achievements are skewed so heavilly towards multiplayer deathmatch. :(:(:(

bishoptl said:
This TIM guy sounds like a dreamy fellow. Highly intelligent, as well.

timmy.jpg

Turok is my 2nd favorite FPS outside of Goldeneye 007, can't wait!!

Less talk, more demos, please. Bring it on.

p.s. -- no offense to Bishop, but if this game is actually awesome, I will seriously shit my pants. When was the last time a game went from first to worst to first again?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Never thought I'd ask this, but any word on a PC version? :p

I mean, UE3 games on the PC all seem to run at a rock solid 60 fps on my PC and I would love to experience Turok at such a speed. If there is no PC version on the way or it is massively delayed, I'll simply go with the console release.

Angelcurio

bishoptl said:
360 was the lead platform, so the PS3 version of the demo was a little late. That's par for the course with most multiplatform games so far, I don't think we're in such bad company. :p Anyways, you'll see the demo released on Live and PSN in the near future, and get a taste of the meat fountain for yourself. Full game is out on Feb. 5th.
Is it going to play a SP only demo, or will it feature a multiplayer part as well?

Prince8

Banned
Nice to see they're actually doing something 'special' for the multiplayer with the dinosaurs, and not just a normal shooter.

Achievements, online co-op - We're supporting online co-op play, for sure! 3 distinct maps telling aspects of the SP campaign from a different perspective. The AI is suitably tougher, as you'd expect from a mode which supports 4 players working together. There are specific co-op achievements as well. For a full list of achievements, check this link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/a...php?gameID=322

I assume that means online only and not (additional) splitscreen?

And 'hot swappable' a la Gears / UT3 coop or like Halo 3 'from lobby to finish' coop?

kbear

This actually sounds pretty good. I haven't read up on this game much and my general opinion was that it was just another next-gen FPS with an ok single-player and a tacked on multi. That doesn't seem to be the case, though. Four player online co-op?? That kind of came out of nowhere. I hope the multi is deep. 3 maps? That's not a good sign. Is it customizable at all like RB6 Vegas or COD4?

kaskade

When I first saw the game I was thinking ohh another Turok. Then when I watched the videos I was pretty surprised. Most people that have played it are saying it's pretty good. I guess the demo will be out sometime this week.

Brandon F said:
:Groan: Those achievements are skewed so heavilly towards multiplayer deathmatch. :(:(:(
Have they edited any? last time I looked half the achiements were to get a friendly kill while killing a dino and other random and stupid rubbish.

I'm looking foward to the game, but there was some real bad achiements in the mix.

Mojovonio

Banned
I'm still not convinced. I'll say it again, but what made Turok 1 + 2 fun was the weapons, something this game seems to be lacking very very much.

But, we'll see.

ElNino

DMPrince said:
A close friend of mine got the Turok Demo from Gamestop. He's really into Shooter and after his little short playtime it was a No buy. But hey, opinions are going to be different.
From what I played at X07 this game deserves at least a chance, and that was from a pretty old build I would imagine. It might not have been as impressive visually as say CoD4 (at the show) but it actually had a lot more people at the demo station and got far more response from the crowds. Part of that might be Tim's awesome demoing of the game, but regardless it was impressive enough that I'm going to give it a serious look.

Brashnir

Mojovonio said:
I'm still not convinced. I'll say it again, but what made Turok 1 + 2 fun was the weapons, something this game seems to be lacking very very much.

But, we'll see.

What made Turok 1 and 2 fun was that there was basically no competition. Now it's a saturated market, but if this game is well made, it will be fun, just like all the other shooters coming out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Turok was my first N64 game , so i want this badly ..

..Kinda offtopic , where is David Dienstbier now ? i know he has nothing to do with this new Turok game , did he quite or resign ?

a_med_101b.jpg

he did great with first and 2nd Turok games :(

bishoptl said:

I forgot to ask yesterday is the ps3 demo build going to be as polished as the 360's. Because you say that the ps3 version is a little late. Does that just mean we'll get it a week later?

Thanks for answering a couple questions already.

Chao

Totobeni said:
Turok was my first N64 game , so i want this badly ..

..Kinda offtopic , where is David Dienstbier now ? i know he has nothing to do with this new Turok game , did he quite or resign ?

a_med_101b.jpg

he did great with first and 2nd Turok games :(

I think he lives inside of a terrarium with its iguanas, taking sunbaths all the day laying down on a stone.

No, seriously, what happened to this guy, he was great on the interviews. It looked like a very nice guy.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
dark10x said:
Never thought I'd ask this, but any word on a PC version? :p

I mean, UE3 games on the PC all seem to run at a rock solid 60 fps on my PC and I would love to experience Turok at such a speed. If there is no PC version on the way or it is massively delayed, I'll simply go with the console release.
You didn't hear? We announced a version for the PC last month. Aspyr is doing the conversion for us, the release schedule is still being firmed up but you shouldn't have to wait much longer after the console versions are released in the beginning of February.

Oh yeah, we're supporting user servers as well. This ol' PC developer hasn't forgotten his roots. ;)

InterMoniker said:
I forgot to ask yesterday is the ps3 demo build going to be as polished as the 360's. Because you say that the ps3 version is a little late. Does that just mean we'll get it a week later?
Yep, same quality for both. I was referring to the timeline of delivery in comparison to the 360 version. Single player only, if you want to play online with raptors chasing your ass, go buy the full version and help me feed my kids. :p

Top Bottom