• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Pilots |OT| The Season's Dead, But Development Hell is Forever

Sober

Another serial killer show? Not sure if want...
Makes you wonder when charismatic white male serial killer shows will die out.

Hella paranoid white supremacist theory: minorities are pushing white males out of the industry and in a decade white males will be typecast to play charismatic serial killers
lol

TheOddOne

Makes you wonder when charismatic white male serial killer shows will die out.

Hella paranoid white supremacist theory: minorities are pushing white males out of the industry and in a decade white males will be typecast to play charismatic serial killers
lol
A meta show about this would be kind of awesome.

Disappointing:

- Deadline: ‘Cassius and Clay’ Animated Comedy Series Not Going Forward At FXX
FX has opted not to proceed with animated comedy series Cassius And Clay. The project, co-created by Archer creator/executive producer Adam Reed, was originally ordered to pilot in May. In August, the pilot was picked up to series with a 10-episode order for comedy-centric FXX where it was to be paired with the seventh season of Archer.

That is no longer the plan. There had been talk that Cassius and Clay may be redeveloped. In the end, the FX brass decided not to go with the series. No additional episodes were produced beyond the pilot.

The network just ordered a new animated comedy pilot, an untitled project co-created, executive produced and voiced by Louis C.K. and Albert Brooks.

In the vein of Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, Cassius and Clay starred Kaitlin Olson as Cassius and Lake Bell as Clay, bandits looking to survive in a futuristic, post-apocalyptic American South. The series was created by Reed and Megan Ganz who executive produced with Reed’s Floyd County Productions and Archer exec producer Matt Thompson for FX Productions. The voice cast also included Susan Sarandon, JB Smoove, Kevin Michael Richardson, Jeffrey Tambor, Stephen Root, Katy Mixon and Robert Patrick.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Lame. I guess that might help explain why they reversed course on moving Archer to FXX.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Chance’ drama series starring Hugh Laurie lands 2-Season, 20-episode order for a 2016 premiere at Hulu

Based on Nunn’s novel, Chance is described as a provocative psychological thriller that focuses on Eldon Chance (Laurie), a San Francisco-based forensic neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness. After an ill-advised decision regarding an alluring patient who may or may not be struggling with a multiple personality disorder, Chance finds himself in the crosshairs of her abusive spouse, who also happens to be a ruthless police detective. In over his head, Chance’s decent into the city’s shadowy underbelly, all while navigating the waters of a contentious divorce and the tribulations of his teenage daughter, soon spirals into an ever deepening exploration of one of mankind’s final frontiers — the shadowy, undiscovered country of the human mind.

Robert Redford Inks First-Look Deal With HBO, Sets ‘The Burgess Boys’ Miniseries

Published in 2013 by Random House, The Burgess Boys, Strout’s followup novel to her Pulitzer-winning Olive Kitteridge, follows two brothers who are haunted by the freak accident that killed their father when they were children, and recounts their eventual return to Maine where long-buried tensions surface in ways that change them forever. Redford optioned the bestselling book in 2015 and will executive produce the mini under his Wildwood Enterprises banner. The TV adaptation will be written by Marcus Hinchey (All Good Things).

History Orders Knights Templar Drama; Jeremy Renner to Produce, Guest-Star

The cabler ordered a 10-episode first season of the series, which will be produced by A+E Studios in association with Jeremy Renner’s production company, The Combine, and Midnight Radio. The Oscar- and Golden Globe-nominated Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town) is expected to also guest-star.

Per History, Knightfall will premiere in late 2016 and reveal the great secrets protected by the Templars and tells the story of faith, loyalty and brotherhood that help sustain these warriors on the battlefield, and the dark events that would forever sear the infamous date of Friday the 13th into the world’s psyche.

History Orders SEAL Team Drama From Oscar-Nominated Apollo 13 Scribe

The History channel has greenlit eight episodes of SIX, a real life-inspired military action drama from Academy Award-nominated Apollo 13 screenwriter William Broyles Jr. (Apollo 13, Jarhead) and military special ops veteran David Broyles.

Inspired by current events, the series will follow Navy SEAL Team Six, “the best of the best,” whose 2014 mission to eliminate a Taliban leader in Afghanistan goes awry when they uncover a U.S. citizen working with the terrorists. The project promises to capture “what these SEALs do, their complex personal lives, and the life and death decisions they make.”

TheOddOne

- Variety: NBC Picks Up Four Comedy Pilots Including Marlon Mayans & DC Comics Projects.
“Powerless,” the DC Comics workplace comedy, has also landed a formal pilot order, after being picked up with a pilot production commitment last year. Set in the DC Comics universe full of superheroes, villains and people just like us, the single-camera series is an office comedy about the exceedingly average employees at an insurance company and their quest to find their own power. Based on characters from DC, Ben Queen is writer and exec producer, along with Michael Patrick Jann who is also director of the pilot.
5995f2e9f00f19a8bde95ef3d50a25c2.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Starz developing three projects based on Spanish-language formats and stories from Hispanic creators, writers and producers.

Partnering with Mauricio Katz (The Bridge) and Televisa USA, Starz is developing Maleficio, based on the popular Mexican series El Maleficio. The supernatural thriller centers on Don Enrique De Martino, a powerful Mexican businessman who has made a deadly pact with the Devil. El Maleficio originally aired in 1983-84 with 320 episodes to become one of Mexico’s most successful telenovelas. Katz will serve as showrunner.

Also in the works is Pour Vida, a series inspired by a short story by Richard Villegas, Jr. (I [Heart] Babylon, La Música Romántica).

Pour Vida follows twin sisters, Brook and Lyn Hernandez, who inherit an East LA building from their recently deceased aunt who raised them. They open Pour Vida, a new wine and tapas bar, in a building in Boyle Heights which houses a failing lesbian bar below and a village-like collection of Eastside denizens in three units above. Pour Vida is the sisters’ attempt to put the “gente” in the “gentefication” of the historic barrio.

The third project is Santeria, a supernatural series centering on two undercover agents investigating a bizarre murder. The series dives into the complex relationship between the Cuban people and Santeria, the ancient religion born on the island of Cuba.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Jeffrey Donovan To Star In Hulu’s Psychic Drama Series ‘Shut Eye’

The series, from creator Les Bohem (Extant), Tri-Star Television and Mark Johnson’s Gran Via Productions, takes a darkly comedic look at the underground world of Los Angeles storefront psychics and the organized crime syndicate that runs them. The story revolves around a disgruntled player in the organization who finds his cynical world view challenged when he starts to experience visions that may or may not be real.

Donovan will play Charlie Haverford, a failed magician who now works as a psychic/conman overseeing a number of fortune telling parlors in Los Angeles. Employed for many years by a Romani kingpin, Charlie’s life is stifled and going nowhere until a blow to the head jars him into a new mindset and makes him question everything he has ever believed. When his wife urges him to break out on his own, he’s careful – because he knows that one wrong move will land him in a shallow grave.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story."

And that's not a spinoff how, exactly? Please include as many buzzwords and marketing speak as necessary to manufacture this distinction.

Prequel?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HBO Orders Hitman Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’ Starring Bill Hader

Barry, which Hader co-wrote and exec produces with Silicon Valley executive producer Alec Berg, centers on an ex-Marine (Hader) who works as a low-rent hitman in the Midwest. Lonely and dissatisfied in his life he begrudgingly travels to Los Angeles to kill someone and ends up finding an accepting community in a group of eager hopefuls within the L.A. theater scene.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Melissa Leo's I'm Dying Up Here Ordered to Series at Showtime

Based on the non-fiction book of the same name by WIlliam Knoedelseder, the hour-long Dying examines the “inspired and damaged psyches” of stand-up comedians in Los Angeles in the 1970s.

Leo (Treme, Louie) will be a series regular, a “brassy” comedy-club owner named Goldie. Sebastian Stan (Once Upon a Time, Political Animals) will play Clay, a comic on the rise; Clark Duke (The Office) will play Larry, a Boston funnyman trying to hit it big in L.A.

I’m Dying Up Here is written and executive produced by Dave Flebotte (Masters of Sex, Will & Grace, Desperate Housewives), and executive produced by Jim Carrey and Michael Aguilar (The Departed), and Christina Wayne (Copper).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Damn it Ratsky, I was just writing this one up but I got way too distracted by Moira Walley-Beckett writing Anne Of Green Gables (nope, still haven't tired of writing that out). Sounds pretty darn interesting.

Sounds okay, but I'm more interested in the MWB Anne of Green Gables series to be honest.

berzeli

Banned
So this gets posted mostly because I find the business model for one of the shows quite interesting (even if the show itself could end up shit):
Channel 4 Greenlights Three New Drama Series, Teaming Up With Netflix On ‘Kiss Me First’
Brit broadcaster Channel 4 has greenlit three new contemporary drama series, one of which- Kiss Me First- will be a collaboration with Netflix. Airing on E4 in the UK and Netflix globally, Kiss Me First is the newset show from Bryan Elsley, co- creator of Skins. The emotional thriller follows the live of young gamers and explores the relationship between social media and self-image and is an adaptation of Lottie Moggach’s best-selling young adult novel of the same name. The new six-part drama will be produced by Balloon and Kindle Entertainment. It tells the story of Leila, a lonely 17 year old girl addicted to a fictional online gaming site called Agora. While playing on the platform, Leila meets Tess, a cool and confident party girl who harbours a dark secret. In the real world, the two girls become friends, but after Tess disappears Leila decides to assume her friend’s identity and in doing so is quickly drawn into unravelling the mystery behind her disappearance. The series will combine live action with computer-generated virtual world sequences to create the parallel worlds of Leila and Tess’ real life and that of their online alter egos ‘Shadowfax’ and ‘Mania’ in the virtual world of Agora.
Loaded is a dramedy from Jon Brown that looks at what it means to be rich beyond your wildest dreams at a time when most of your friends are poor. The eight x 45′ minute series follows four life-long friends who become multi-millionaires overnight after selling their start-up vidgame company. Written by Jon Brown (Peep Show), who also serves as exed producer
Tom Basden’s Foreign Bodies, which goes out on E4, is a dramedy following five young travellers on a three month quest around Asia to find paradise, while also trying to find themselves. Basden’s previous credits include Fresh Meat and Plebs. Jonathan van Tulleken (Misfits, Top Boy) is on board to direct several episodes. The writing team includes James Wood (Rev), Tony Roche (Veep), Rob Delaney (Catastrophe), Charlie Covell (Banana), and Edinburgh Comedy award-winning writers Tim Key (Alan Partridge) and Johnny Sweet (Together).
I think this is a first when it comes to co-producing a British show (they picked up River globally after the fact IIRC), they've done it with some CanCon previously (including the hit-me-in-the-face-please-god-make-it-stop show Between).

berzeli

Banned
Nancy Drew Drama, Extended Family Comedy Get CBS Pilot Orders
CBS kicked its 2016 pilot picking campaign with a nod to one of its most buzzed about scripts, a drama based on the Nancy Drew character from the classic mystery book series. Along with Drew, CBS has handed out a pilot order to an untitled extended family hybrid comedy inspired by the Australian comedy Upper Middle Bogan.

Drew is described as a contemporary take on the character from the books, with a diverse Nancy, now in her 30s, working as a detective for the NYPD where she investigates and solves crimes using her uncanny observational skills, all while navigating the complexities of life"Big Fish" Broadway Opening Night - Arrivals And Curtain Call in a modern world. Longtime Grey’s Anatomy exec producers Joan Rater and Tony Phelan co-wrote the adaptation and executive produce with Oscar-winning producer Dan Jinks. The Dan Jinks Co’s Nick Nantell is a producer. CBS Television Studios, where Rater & Phelan as well as Jinks are under an overall deals, is the studio.

The untitled Butler/Hope/O’Shannon hybrid comedy was written by Modern Family alum Dan O’Shannon and the creators of the original Australian comedy, Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope.

The extended family show is about a wife and mother who learns she was adopted and that her birth parents are a flamboyant but loving family of drag-racers. O’Shannon, Butler and Hope executive produce with Todd Holland. CBS Studios, where O’Shannon is under an overall deal, co-produces with ABC Studios and studio-based Dark Toy Entertainment.
I know it's probably going to be terrible but some part of me (I'm guessing the one missing Veronica Mars) is so excited about the prospect of a Nancy Drew show. Also lol at the term "diverse Nancy".

tomtom94

So this gets posted mostly because I find the business model for one of the shows quite interesting (even if the show itself could end up shit):
Channel 4 Greenlights Three New Drama Series, Teaming Up With Netflix On ‘Kiss Me First’
I think this is a first when it comes to co-producing a British show (they picked up River globally after the fact IIRC), they've done it with some CanCon previously (including the hit-me-in-the-face-please-god-make-it-stop show Between).
That's interesting because I assume that's what they're going to do with Black Mirror as well.

berzeli

Banned
That's interesting because I assume that's what they're going to do with Black Mirror as well.

I may be misremembering but isn't Black Mirror fully in-house (in terms of distribution) for Netflix, i.e. it gets released everywhere, including the UK, on Netflix (doesn't show on Channel 4). Like I said this aligns with what they've done with some CanCon (like that upcoming Frontier thing with Jason Momoa), i.e. gets released on a TV channel in territory X and everywhere else by Netflix.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HBO Drama Project ‘Big Dead Place’ Heating Up With Tim Van Patten Directing

Big Dead Place, a passion project of the late James Gandolfini, is inching closer to fruition. The drama, originally set up at HBO by Gandolfini in 2011 as a potential starring vehicle for him, remains in development but has started to heat up.

Big Dead Place is described as a 21st century survival tale that takes us into the strange and menacing world of Antarctica, where scientists, bureaucrats, and blue-collar grunts working at McMurdo Station fight for the existence of the last unconquered continent.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Brothers In Atlanta’ Comedy Series Not Going Forward At HBO

HBO has opted not to proceed with Brothers In Atlanta, its comedy series created by and starring Diallo Riddle and Bashir Salahuddin, directed by Tim Story and produced by Lorne Michaels.

Written by former Late Night With Jimmy Fallon writers-performers Riddle and Salahuddin, Brothers In Atlanta was about best friends Langston (Riddle) and Moose (Salahuddin), who are struggling entertainers trying to navigate relationships and life in the black Mecca of Atlanta. The pilot also featured Maya Rudolph as Moose’s demanding boss, Shirle, an R&B diva whose heyday was in the ’90s, and Jaden Smith as Curtis, a “New Atlanta” teenager and Langston’s rowdy neighbor with unpredictable interests and suspicious income.

berzeli

Banned
Jason Katims Medical Drama ‘Bunker Hill’, Bob Daily Comedy ‘Superior Donuts’ Get CBS Pilot Orders
Bunker Hill comes from Universal Television and Katims’ studio-based True Jack Prods. It will be a co-production with CBS TV Studios. The project follows a young Silicon Valley tech titan who enlists a veteran surgeon with a controversial past in starting a hospital with a cutting-edge, “new school” approach to medicine. Katims executive produces with True Jack’s Michelle Lee.
Superior Donuts is based on the play by Tracy Letts. It follows the relationship between the owner of a donut shop, his new young employee and their patrons in a gentrifying neighborhood of Chicago. Letts’ play was first staged by the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago in 2008 and premiered on Broadway in 2009.
NBC Orders Amy Poehler/Charlie Grandy, ‘The Trail’ & ‘Good Fortune’ Comedy Pilots
The Poehler/Grandy comedy centers on a reluctant Crown Prince. After years of partying that earned him the “black sheep” label, Karl returns home to compete with his brother for the family throne. Poehler’s Paper Kite Prods. and 3 Arts produce with Uni TV; Grandy and Poehler executive produce with Dave Becky and Brooke Posch.
The Trail, whose title is a scrambled version of Trial, is a serialized comedy following a young big-city lawyer and his oddball defense team during a high profile murder trial in a small southern town. It was conceived as a spoof of crime documentaries like the The Jinx, a genre that has become red-hot while The Trail was in development with the blockbuster success of Netflix’s Making a Murderer. ABC recently dipped its toe in the arena on the drama side with a pilot order to The Jury.
Written by Matt Zinman & Craig Gerard (How I Met Your Mother), Good Fortune is an ensemble comedy that focuses on a hyper-structured young woman whose life is upended when she starts taking advice from a mysterious fortune teller. Zinman and Gerard— currently supervising producers NBC’s Telenovela starring Eva Longoria — exec produce alongside Jones and McCormack.

NBC Orders ‘Miranda’s Rights’ Legal Soap, ‘Midnight Texas’ Supernatural Drama Pilot
Written/co-executive produced by Katie Lovejoy and executive produced by John Glenn, Miranda’s Rights is a one-hour legal soap about an idealistic group of lawyers who not only work together but live together at their start-up firm.

Written/executive produced by Monica Owusu-Breen and executive produced by David Janollari, Midnight Texas is described as Twin Peaks meets True Blood in Midnight, Texas, a remote town where your neighbor could be a vampire, a witch, a werewolf, or even an angel. Mystery, horror and romance combine to both enthrall and frighten any outsiders who decide to venture into this unusual place.

NBC also has time-travel drama pilot Time, from Shawn Ryan and Erik Kripke, as well as Dan Fogelman’s ensemble dramedy pilot and straight-to-series Taken.

Um, yeah. Maybe excited for Poehler. Maybe.

maxcriden

Monica Owusu-Breen I'm a fan of from her Fringe work. These pilots in general sound pretty unexciting. Well, one more exception to that, as Katims is making another go at the medical drama pilot. I hope he casts Michael B. Jordan and Jason Ritter again. That pilot was one I really wanted to see, and hoped would be made into a series.

berzeli

Banned
ABC Orders ‘Chunk & Bean’ & ‘Square Roots’ Comedy Pilots
ABC has given pilot orders to two single-camera projects: Chunk & Bean, written by Ed Herro and Brian Donovan and exec produced by Dave Hemingson, and Square Roots, written exec produced by Vijal Patel. Both hail from ABC sibling ABC Studios.

Chunk & Bean is a dual-family comedy centered on the unlikely friendship of two misfits, Chunk and Bean, who benefit from having two very different sets of parents living next door to each other. First-time developers Herro and Donovan (The Neighbors), who penned the script inspired by their childhood, executive produce alongside Hemingson (Don’t Trust the B).

Roots is about a man from a family of logic-driven engineers who is determined to use his “gift” to help the people he loves with their everyday issues... whether they like it or not. Patel (Black-ish) is the writer-executive producer.
Fox Orders Drama Pilots From Len Wiseman, Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec
Fox has ordered two drama pilots, A.P.B., from 20th Century Fox TV, and Recon, from Warner Bros. TV, marking the first Fox pilot order from an outside studio this season. A.P.B. is from writer David Slack, most recently co-executive producer on CBS’ Person Of Interest, and Sleepy Hollow co-creator/executive producer Len Wiseman. Recon is written by The Vampire Diaries exec producer Caroline Dries and exec produced by TVD co-developers/exec producers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec.

Inspired by the July New York Times Magazine article “Who Runs the Streets of New Orleans” by David Amsden (read it here), A.P.B. explores what happens when an enigmatic tech billionaire purchases a troubled police precinct in the wake of a loved one’s murder. Can this eccentric and enigmatic figure’s cutting-edge approach fix the broken ways of these blue-blooded veterans? Slack executive produces with Wiseman, who is attached to direct. Also executive producing the project are David Bernardi, Dennis Kim, Todd Hoffman and Robert Friedman.

Recon is about a rookie FBI agent who embeds herself in a suspected terrorist family. Dries wrote the script and is exec producing with Williamson and Plec through Warner Bros. TV and Williamson’s Outerbanks Entertainment.

Pachimari

I'm definitely watching Recon just because Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec is on board. Unfortunately that's probably also bad news for The Vampire Diaries.

berzeli

Banned
Fox Orders ‘Zoobiquity’ Medical Procedural Drama Pilot
Fox has given a pilot order to Zoobiquity, a light medical procedural based on the best-selling book of the same name by Dr. Barbara Natterson-Horowitz and Kathryn Bowers.

Written by Bones executive producers Stephen Nathan and Jon Collier, the project follows the unlikely pairing of a successful, driven cardiologist as she risks career suicide by teaming with a socially-challenged veterinarian who relates better to animals than people. They try to put aside their competitive natures to cure the incurable using a unique blend of cross-species medicine that’s never been tried before.

Collier and Nathan executive produce alongside Spencer Medof. Natterson-Horowitz and Bowers serve as producers. 20th Century Fox TV is the studio.
The network brought the project back this development season with a new writer, Satisfaction creator Sean Jablonski. Nathan, Collier and Medof remained on board. I hear Jablonski and the producers parted ways amicably midway through the development process, and Nathan and Collier wrote the revamped script that got the pilot order.
Kari Lizer & Bill Wrubel Soccer Comedy ‘Dream Team’ Gets ABC Pilot Order
ABC has given the green light to Dream Team, a single-camera half-hour from top comedy writers Kari Lizer and Bill Wrubel. The project, which had a pilot production commitment, hails from Warner Bros TV, where both Lizer and Wrubel are under deals, and reunites the duo a decade after working together on Will & Grace.

Written/executive produced by Lizer and Wrubel, Dream Team centers on Marty Schumacher, who coached his last Club soccer abclogoteam for ten years, ultimately taking them to the National Championships. He now has to start from scratch with a diverse group of eight-year-olds, and their disparate parents. The project draws on personal experiences by Lizer, who — like so many others — is a soccer mom on the weekends. Lizer and Wrubel’s respective banners, Kari’s Logo Here and Here Comes Scrappy, produce in association with Warner Bros Television.

Dream Team is expected to have documentary-style elements in the vein of flagship ABC comedy series Modern Family. Wrubel was a key writer-producer on the first five seasons of the family comedy, joining as a co-executive producer after the pilot and serving as an executive producer three seasons.
Why am I still posting these?

Pachimari

It's a great help for somebody like me, who isn't sure what to follow or even where to get all of these updates. It's greatly appreciated.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fox Orders ‘Zoobiquity’ Medical Procedural Drama Pilot

the project follows the unlikely pairing of a successful, driven cardiologist as she risks career suicide by teaming with a socially-challenged veterinarian who relates better to animals than people. They try to put aside their competitive natures to cure the incurable using a unique blend of cross-species medicine that’s never been tried before.

That sounds like every other show on Fox, tbh.

berzeli

Banned
That sounds like every other show on Fox, tbh.

Yup, when I got to "socially-challenged veterinarian who relates better to animals than people" my eyes started rolling so hard I contracted [insert appropriate eye disease here; I couldn't remember what the disease I was thinking of is called so I googled "eye diseases". There were pictures and now I'm nauseous.]

I am hoping for crazy John R. Brinkley style experiments (i.e. operating in goat testicles to "cure" infertility). But I feel it's more going to be along the lines of

INTERIOR CARDIOLOGY OFFICE

[Hot Cardiology Doctor] barges into the office like the driven woman she is
Why is there a horse in my office!?

[Hot veterinarian with a slightly awkward haircut] looks up sheepishly
Well, you know how we can't figure out what is wrong with Gracie's mitral valve?

[Hot Cardiology Doctor]
Yes, we've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

[Hot veterinarian with a slightly awkward haircut]
Everything you'd do with a human that is. A few years back I was called out to this race track because Dallas here had a heart problem. And what we did was we replaced the valve with a nasogastric tube.

[Hot Cardiology Doctor]
You're crazy that's never going to work.

It did for Dallas and it will for Gracie.

[Hot Cardiology Doctor] and [Hot veterinarian with a slightly awkward haircut] exchange intense gazes which in four seasons time will lead to an underwhelming wedding episode

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I am hoping for crazy John R. Brinkley style experiments (i.e. operating in goat testicles to "cure" infertility). But I feel it's more going to be along the lines of

INTERIOR CARDIOLOGY OFFICE

[Hot Cardiology Doctor] barges into the office like the driven woman she is
Why is there a horse in my office!?

[Hot veterinarian with a slightly awkward haircut] looks up sheepishly
Well, you know how we can't figure out what is wrong with Gracie's mitral valve?

[Hot Cardiology Doctor]
Yes, we've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Everything you'd do with a human that is. A few years back I was called out to this race track because Dallas here had a heart problem. And what we did was we replaced the valve with a nasogastric tube.

[Hot Cardiology Doctor]
You're crazy that's never going to work.

It did for Dallas and it will for Gracie.

[Hot Cardiology Doctor] and [Hot veterinarian with a slightly awkward haircut] exchange intense gazes which in four seasons time will lead to an underwhelming wedding episode

lol perfect

berzeli

Banned
ABC Orders ‘Conviction’ Legal Drama Pilot From Mark Gordon & Liz Friedman
ABC has given a pilot order to Conviction, a drama from Quantico executive producer Mark Gordon.

Conviction was co-created by Liz Friedman (Elementary, Marvel’s Jessica Jones), who wrote the script, and Liz Friedlander (The Following), who will direct the pilot. It tells the story of Carter Morrison, the brilliant but ne’er-do-well daughter of a former President, who is blackmailed into taking a job as the head of Los Angeles’ newly created Conviction Integrity Unit. She, along with her team of lawyers, investigators and forensic experts, work together to examine cases where there’s credible suspicion that the wrong person may have been convicted of a crime.

Conviction, which had a put pilot commitment, hails from Gordon’s now-independent Mark Gordon Co., which is backed by Entertainment One. ABC Studios has come on board to co-produce.
Yay, more bland broadcast network shows, how very exciting.
ABC Orders 1970s Model Wars Drama Pilot Inspired By Eileen Ford Biography
ABC has given a pilot order to Model Woman, a soapy period drama set in the fashion world.

Written by Reality Bites scribe Helen Childress, the show is set in the late 1970’s during the notorious Model Wars and centers on Bertie Geiss – a tempestuous matriarch and uncompromising businesswoman at the helm of an internationally renowned modeling agency. Anonymous Content’s Rosalie Swedlin serves as executive producer alongside Childress and Lacey’s daughter Scarlett.

This marks the first broadcast pilot for TriStar TV, which was relaunched last summer. Lacey’s book was originally optioned by Sony TV a year ago with a different writer, KJ Steinberg. I hear ABC earlier this development season pursued the project, and Childress was brought in on board to pen it.
Yay more bl-, wait, I kind of want this?

And in weirder news:
Crackle Orders New Drama ‘Start Up’ Starring Martin Freeman & Adam Brody
Sony’s Crackle is expanding its scripted programming slate with a 10-episode order of drama series Start Up, starring Martin Freeman (Fargo), Adam Brody (CHiPs), Edi Gathegi and Otmara Marrero.

The hourlong series explores what happens when a brilliant, yet controversial tech idea gets incubated on the wrong side of the tracks by three strangers who don’t necessarily fit the mold of “tech entrepreneurs.” Set amongst the unconstrained, yet opportunist streets of Miami, Start Up features the high-stakes struggle of what one will do to reach ultimate success. The series starts filming this week in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Freeman (Fargo, Sherlock) plays FBI agent Phil Rask, specializing in financial crimes. Rask crosses paths with Nick Talman (Brody ), a sharp and intelligent financier at a boutique firm in Miami, but it’s not Talman Rask is after, it’s his father. Nick has a problematic relationship with his wealthy, irresponsible father, who disappears and forces Nick to stash his ill-gotten gain—instead of going to the FBI, he decides to hide the money by investing in a tech startup pitched by the unorthodox Izzy Morales, a tech whiz out to change the world (Marrero). Gathegi (The Blacklist) also stars as Ronald Dacey – second-in-command of the local Haitian gang.

Start Up is produced by Critical Content and Hollywood Gang Productions. Tom Forman, Andrew Marcus, Ray Ricord, Gianni Nunnari and Shannon Gaulding all serve as executive producers. The series is written by Ben Ketai (Chosen) who also serves as executive producer and director. Brody and Anne Clements (Cleaners) serve as producers.
Is Sony actually going to try and make Crackle a thing? (Still can't understand why they have Crackle, Playstation Vue, and whatever the hell Powers is airing on. But I guess Sony is going to Sony).

Top Bottom