• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess (HD?) Icon Discovered in Wii U eShop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

They will release an HD Remake of Twilight Princess for Wii U....

.... because there won't be a Wii U version of Zelda NX.
I doubt it, Nintendo made it pretty damn clear that the game i still Wii U-bound. Plus, assuming what a good number of us theorized is correct, they're gonna have to keep the NX Handheld in mind for the game, which may or may not be far off from the Wii U.

TimmiT

I don't think so?

Again:

CRJmFRrVAAQW1xN.png:orig

can anyone who's played from the disc via Wii mode on the Wii U confirm that this helps much?

Sadly not, the galaxy games and some other titles benefit a tiny amount but even then it's almost non existent.
Twilight princess however looks even worse and the extra sharpness just makes the crazy amount of jaggies stand out further, it really was the worst looking wii title when viewed on a hdtv, especially anything over 28 inches.
Fingers crossed as the game really deserves even a simple tidy up to 720p and some smoothing out.

tbd

Because the console is dead as of next year?

Annoying how many people probably feel this way when it makes no sense at all. Anyway, there are some amazing games that still come out and you can always sell it on the internet or something.

Neoxon

Annoying how many people probably feel this way when it makes no sense at all. Anyway, there are some amazing games that still come out and you can always sell it on the internet or something.
In his case, he has no job at the moment. So I suppose swearing off Wii U & 3DS games until the NX Platform drops makes sense from a financial standpoint.

Toparaman

Banned
I think if it was an HD remaster then the icon wouldn't be an exact replica of existing art.

Sucks, because Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the two Zelda games that would benefit the most from a remaster. Wind Waker looked fine on Gamecube, and frankly I prefer the original lighting.

Probably a Gamecube/Wii port of the game.
(Please be a Gamecube port and not the terrible Wii version)
What's so terrible about the Wii version other than different controls? The sword swinging is harmless but I'd argue you to death how aiming anything with the point in Wii is way better than the GC version's.

The only thing I hated from the Wii version was the damn fairy pointer that just had to make noise every time you moved it across the screen at anytime. It took me 5 seconds to realize how bad a decision that was.

Neoxon

• Big Splatoon update (mentioned by NWPlayer, supposedly including the Octolings)
  • A New Character for Smash 4 (supposedly the Inklings)
  • Twilight Princess HD
Nintendo Direct incoming?

AdanVC

I think if it was an HD remaster then the icon wouldn't be an exact replica of existing art.

Sucks, because Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the two Zelda games that would benefit the most from a remaster. Wind Waker looked fine on Gamecube, and frankly I prefer the original lighting.

Yes. Having the same icon definitely means it's just the Wii version for the Virtual Console. No way they would suddenly launch and HD remake of one of their biggest franchises just like that.

Mory Dunz

• Big Splatoon update (mentioned by NWPlayer, supposedly including the Octolings)
  • Twilight Princess HD
Another Nintendo Direct incoming?

They better. I'm getting bored.

And what do mean "another"...?

Hatchtag

Banned
  • Twilight Princess HD
Another Nintendo Direct incoming?

You're forgetting possibly the biggest announcement: we've had new Pokemon forms we've known about for a month now, along with a new-ish anime, but no game to go with them yet.

Trago

I would buy the hell out of an HD remake of Twilight Princess. That art direction in higher fidelity, holy shit.

Illucio

Banned
What's so terrible about the Wii version other than different controls? The sword swinging is harmless but I'd argue you to death how aiming anything with the point in Wii is way better than the GC version's.

The only thing I hated from the Wii version was the damn fairy pointer that just had to make noise every time you moved it across the screen at anytime. It took me 5 seconds to realize how bad a decision that was.
The controls in general are bad, period. That's enough to warrant/desire the use of a Gamecube controller IMO. (Or Wii U Pro, or Tablet. )

Machina

Banned

Are there? Starfox was Nintendo's only major release for the Fall and it got pushed because both the public and Nintendo thought it looked bad. Mario Maker I grant you is a thing at the moment but I doubt it will last. From what I gather, the majority of peoples creations are messy trash that lack the development finesse of a real Nintendo developed Mario game while the quality made stuff is few and far between.

Call it ignorance but apart from Starfox, Xenoblade and Zelda, I can't think of many other huge must own games coming for the Wii U. Twilight Princess HD at 30 or 40 bucks sounds appealing, but anything for full price has to be pretty damn amazing at the moment to justify myself buying it on the Wii U.

Don't jump to Nintendo's defense so quickly, I love them as much as the next person but as soon as the NX and its projected release date became public, they should have expected this from a large group of people.

Neoxon

You're forgetting possibly the biggest announcement: we've had new Pokemon forms we've known about for a month now, along with a new-ish anime, but no game to go with them yet.
We could get a Pokémon Z reveal in this Direct if it happens. Though it'd probably have to be released between Summer 2016 & October 2016 to stay away from the launch of the NX Platform (unless Game Freak doesn't give a fuck).

The controls in general are bad, period. That's enough to warrant/desire the use of a Gamecube controller IMO. (Or Wii U Pro, or Tablet. )
They weren't bad. They worked just fine if not better than the GC. The only thing we lost was full control of the camera but I didn't miss that.

Skyward Sword on the other hand...... I hated that game's controls with a passion.

Neoxon

Are there? Starfox was Nintendo's only major release for the Fall and it got pushed because both the public and Nintendo thought it looked bad. Mario Maker I grant you is a thing at the moment but I doubt it will last. From what I gather, the majority of peoples creations are messy trash that lack the development finesse of a real Nintendo developed Mario game while the quality made stuff is few and far between.

Call it ignorance but apart from Starfox, Xenoblade and Zelda, I can't think of many other huge must own games coming for the Wii U. Twilight Princess HD at 30 or 40 bucks sounds appealing, but anything for full price has to be pretty damn amazing at the moment to justify myself buying it on the Wii U.

Don't jump to Nintendo's defence so quickly, I love them as much as the next person but as soon as the NX and its projected release date became public, they should have expected this from a large group of people.
What about Pokkén Tournament & SMTxFE?

Hatchtag

Banned
We could get a Pokémon Z reveal in this Direct if it happens. Though it'd probably have to be released between Summer 2016 & October 2016 to stay away from the launch of the NX Platform (unless Game Freak doesn't give a fuck).

Most speculation is that it'll be out in Spring 2016. Probably their big February/March game for the 3DS.

GulAtiCa

Would love to see an HD release. Would be awesome to see them improve the game's flaws, just like how they improved the various aspects of The Wind Waker.

Neff

Nothing, really. The bow/hookshot aiming is arguably better, and as you say the sword works just fine.

If I were to guess I'd say that some people just prefer buttons when it comes down to it, and there's always been a sense that the Wii version's sense of orientation was compromised as a result of the game being flipped horizontally.

I admit, having never played the Gamecube version, I'm curious as to how different it would feel, and the option for buttons would be nice for those lazing around on the floor playthroughs.

Machina

Banned
Nothing, really. The bow/hookshot aiming is arguably better, and as you say the sword works just fine.

If I were to guess I'd say that some people just prefer buttons when it comes down to it, and there's always been a sense that the Wii version's sense of orientation was compromised as a result of the game being flipped horizontally.

I admit, having never played the Gamecube version, I'm curious as to how different it would feel, and the option for buttons would be nice for those lazing around on the floor playthroughs.

Also TP gets a lot of hate it doesn't deserve. The general shittiness of the Wii controls only compounds the matter.

I WAAANNNT TP to get the WWHD treatment, but I don't think it's happening. It's probably just a VC title.

The small tweaks they gave WW made the game so much more enjoyable, and even though I consider TP my favorite Zelda, it could use those tweaks REALLY bad.

User1608

Banned
Oh my. I NEED this. TP is one of my favorite games ever, I can't decide which game is my fave between it and OoT. If it's HD awesome. If not, still great.

Anth0ny

Probably just the Wii version, but man does TP need the WWHD treatment.

the entire first two hours should be overhauled

Call it ignorance but apart from Starfox, Xenoblade and Zelda, I can't think of many other huge must own games coming for the Wii U.

Three "must own" games for the next 12 month is not bad compared with other actual consoles.

Besides Zelda, Xenoblade and Starfox I would consider the new Fatal Frame, Pokemon Tournament, Fast Racing Neo and SMT/FE to fit in this category.

Using the WWHD gamepad usage on TP HD would work well enough. Removing some of the stuff at the start (starting with the slingshot, making herding optional, etc) would help with the biggest issue the game had. Could've been done relatively quickly too.
I think a Greezo remake like OoT3D would've been better, make it for the NX handheld and have it playable in full HD on the console.
WWHD did a good job preserving the game while fixing some issues with the original release and modernizing the gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom