• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

jmizzal

maybe i'm the only person in the world, but i actually really really enjoyed the waggling for the sword fighting. it felt immensely satisfying to me, and i'm not even sure i want to buy the remake if it doesn't support it...

I enjoyed the waggle too, but I much rather replay a game with different control method makes it feel different.

Which is why I loved replaying RE4 with Wii controls instead of dual analog again and Deus ex HR, with gamepad controls instead of regular xbox controller which I used on PC.

MikeSan

I'm pretty happy with this, I've made the game on Wii with this shitty Wii Remote Controller, I'm finally gonna be able to do it this a real controller.

Plus, this one is one of my favorite Zelda, so I'm quite excited !

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I think that by just adding shadow casting it would improve greatly, a more strong blacks could make increase the contrast a bit, maybe saturing colors would help too.

I agree. Windwaker HD had a lot of depth. This seems really flat. I hope they can add shadows. It would improve the visuals a lot.

Christopher

Now everyone will see how boring bland and uninspired this game is.

I don't know why in trying to be so serious they sucked the life out of it...the musi too awful

jwhit28

I'm not to excited for playing the game, with a flipped world compared to the Wii version. The game isn't as burned into my mind as OoT, but trying to play the mirrored version of that game was frustrating.

Rich!

I'm not to excited for playing the game, with a flipped world compared to the Wii version. The game isn't as burned into my mind as OoT, but trying to play the mirrored version of that game was frustrating.

But...the GameCube version is the original. Not the Wii version.

Megatron

I know this game came out about 10 years ago but I still feel like it's too soon for an HD remake already, I dunno..

Nah, I don't agree at all. Look at all the other remasters out there: the last of us, god of war 3, DMV, dmc4, tomb raider 2013, etc etc.

And anyway I will be thrilled to have it on the WiiU and playable via the gamepad.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wait, so are they not including the option to have the Wii version? That's weird.
The only differences with thecWii version are controls, widescreen and flipped view. We're at least getting widescreen. I wouldn't be surprised if they put in alternate controls and flipping as options by March. Hopefully as separate options. I don't want the controls but I would probably play through twice if there was a flip option to make it feel new again. It'll be my first time playing it non flipped when it comes out.

Revven

Wait, so are they not including the option to have the Wii version? That's weird.

It's not really weird if it happens (it's not confirmed) because this is based off of the Gamecube version which doesn't have any code for Wii Remote controls or the flipped world. It would take extra to then reprogram those in (obviously not impossible) and figure out how to port the Wii's flipped world without having to redo it all again with this version's new texture work and such.

No pointer controls would be a huge disappointment.

Gyro on the GamePad would be the replacement and imo is infinitely better than the Wiimote's pointer controls.

I would hope they allow you to play both the Wiimote version and standard dpad.

The second option is already the default. I'd assume if Wiimote option was there they would have advertised it right now because that would be such a basic feature to highlight early on. If it's there, great, if it isn't there I won't be surprised. We will see in the coming months.

Just don't be surprised if it's not there.

Davide

Anyone else thinking that putting a full price remaster within the month of The Division, Uncharted, Hitman, Dark Souls III was a terrible idea?

Guess Who

Banned
It's not really weird if it happens (it's not confirmed) because this is based off of the Gamecube version which doesn't have any code for Wii Remote controls or the flipped world. It would take extra to then reprogram those in (obviously not impossible) and figure out how to port the Wii's flipped world without having to redo it all again with this version's new texture work and such.

My understanding is that the Wii version's flipped world was done by basically just flipping the image in post after it's rendered (and reversing left/right on the controls and flipping the in-game maps to match it) - internally the geometry and whatnot between the GC and Wii versions is identical. That should be very trivial to implement.

Schryver

Anyone else thinking that putting a full price remaster within the month of The Division, Uncharted, Hitman, Dark Souls III was a terrible idea?
It's a Zelda game on the WiiU. Not sure how much it matters that other stuff will be coming out right around the same time

Carnby

Is there any risk in choosing in store pick up at Best Buy vs shipping it to me? I had my initial order as shipped, but just changed it to in store pick up.

Yes. If you pick it up in store they will slap a big sticker on it, and the associate will write their initials on the game instead of giving a receipt. I'm not shitting you on tjat last part. It's a new policy.

Revven

My understanding is that the Wii version's flipped world was done by basically just flipping the image in post after it's rendered (and reversing left/right on the controls and flipping the in-game maps to match it) - internally the geometry and whatnot between the GC and Wii versions is identical. That should be very trivial to implement.

Didn't they have to reanimate cutscenes, though? Because Link was made right-handed? I swore I read that somewhere.

Davide

It's a Zelda game on the WiiU. Not sure how much it matters that other stuff will be coming out right around the same time
True the people who basically only buy Nintendo games will get it but for people who play those other games like me I don't have the time or budget for a upresed game I already have in such a busy month. January would have been nice.

Guess Who

Banned
Didn't they have to reanimate cutscenes, though? Because Link was made right-handed?

Don't see why that would be the case, flipping the image reverses his handedness too.

Link is still left-handed in the GameCube version, remember. Flipping the image would make him appear right-handed.

Lilo_D

True the people who basically only buy Nintendo games will get it but for people who play those other games like me I don't have the time or budget for a upresed game I already have in such a busy month. January would have been nice.

I'll buy Dark Soul 3 and the TWHD, don't care the rest

Yeah literally everything, including cutscenes, is flipped from right to left in the Wii version compared to the Gamecube version. It played havoc with my muscle memory of finding my way through an area / dungeon / wherever when I got round to playing the GC version later on after already completing the Wii version..

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Didn't they have to reanimate cutscenes, though? Because Link was made right-handed? I swore I read that somewhere.
Entire game was mirrored.
i4Fx6LA.gif

Graphics aren't super impressive but I have been wanting a proper widescreen version of the GCN version, so definitely getting this.

EDIT: The sun rose in the west and set in the east in the Wii version. Link is the sole right-handed person in a world of lefties in the Wii version. It's completely backwards.

Speak for yourself, not for the rest of us who play other games.

I've already preordered TPHD.

Revven

Entire game was mirrored.
i4Fx6LA.gif

I mean that's what I thought originally but I guess whatever I read was wrong lol.

At the very least I wouldn't be surprised if the mirrored version is either Hero Mode exclusive or an option you can toggle. Dunno if they'll bother with Wiimote controls when the main feature of that (to most people) was the pointer controls for the arrows while the GamePad's superior Gyro will certainly be used for that if WWHD is anything to go by.

FyreWulff

Nope, he's just mirrored.

It's actually not hard to do. I've seen multiple games that had a cheat that mirrored the entire game. I think Jak 2 had that.

Seik

Banned
Guys, I'm not saying I think it looks hugely better or anything, but they definitely have at least added higher res textures:

kkodJDk.png

wftepEx.png

This alone makes it worth it to me, and I did the game on Dolphin plenty of times.

But yeah, I'm sold on anything Zelda for starters... :lol

Please be native 1080p like WW though.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I mean that's what I thought originally but I guess whatever I read was wrong lol.

At the very least I wouldn't be surprised if the mirrored version is either Hero Mode exclusive or an option you can toggle. Dunno if they'll bother with Wiimote controls when the main feature of that (to most people) was the pointer controls for the arrows while the GamePad's superior Gyro will certainly be used for that if WWHD is anything to go by.
It would've taken a much longer time to reanimate all the cutscenes, first zelda with fully mocapped cutscenes. Speaking of, why doesn't Nintendo release footage of that?? They're so secretive man.

jmizzal

The second option is already the default. I'd assume if Wiimote option was there they would have advertised it right now because that would be such a basic feature to highlight early on. If it's there, great, if it isn't there I won't be surprised. We will see in the coming months.

Just don't be surprised if it's not there.

I disagree there, this is a WiiU game, if that was the case they would have advertised the gamepad features before Wii control support, and they didnt even talk about that yet.

Its possible it has Wii controls but right now we just dont know, all they did was announce the game and shown off some HD upgrades, everything else will be announced later.

None of those games are on WiiU
And I bet TP HD outsells hitman and charts in the NPD top ten

Bert

Did look disappointing for a remaster. Here's hoping things will improve, not like Nintendo never shows games with unfinished graphics.

jmizzal

Did look disappointing for a remaster. Here's hoping things will improve, not like Nintendo never shows games with unfinished graphics.

Remember when we first saw Hyrule Warriors lol, it looked kinda bad, on release it looks very good

ww hd launched 3 days after GTA V, and it sold around 1.5 million copies. I won't get every game, and you should get tp hd after you have time and budget for it

Top Bottom