• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks blu-ray officially announced: 90 MINUTES OF FWWM DELETED SCENES (Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
super nadine on blu ray B^)

never saw fire walk with me so i should watch it asap , never knew the god David Bowie was in the movie , will buy day 1

edit- oh its included, i can't read ,yay

jorgeton

Agree with Season 2 falling apart after the reveal. It's kind of unfortunate. it gets so silly it's almost unwatchable. The whole Ben Horne Amnesia subplot and subsequent civil war re-enactment to get his memory back was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

But the last 2 or 3 eps are great. I may just skip over the whole middle part of season 2 when I watch it on BluRay.

James wasn't so bad. The singing scene is great.

You want to talk about some real boring unlikable shit, then let's talk Josie Packard.

PolishQ

AWLmutQ.gif

Season 2 was a complete mess post reveal (but I would argue also to a much lesser extent pre reveal). After S1 finale, I don't think the show ever had the constant quality of S1, but the first half of S2 was still very good and had amazing moments.

HOWEVER, everything, and I mean (almost) everything post reveal is fucking dumb as hell, not just Jame's storyline. The show went so far up its own ass it's crazy. The finale is wonderful, but that's being extremely kind to season 2 to say James was its only problem.

It's really that four episode stretch that's the problem, where all the dumb plotlines (James' thing, cheerleader Nadine, Little Nicky, Civil War Ben, etc) somehow hit at once. As soon as Windom Earle enters the picture, the show gets much better. Even though I hate how cartoonishly they depicted Windom.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It's really that four episode stretch that's the problem, where all the dumb plotlines (James' thing, cheerleader Nadine, Little Nicky, Civil War Ben, etc) somehow hit at once. As soon as Windom Earle enters the picture, the show gets much better. Even though I hate how cartoonishly they depicted Windom.

I guess I wasn't a fan of Windom really. All of that felt so at odds with the rest of the show prior to that. Didn't like Annie as well.

Neat, loved the series but never saw the movie, will check this out eventually.

I will say despite my feelings of most of S2, I think FWWM is fantastic which is a controversial opinion, I guess.

Also, just to vent a couple times more: fuck the biker guy who is lame as shit and that whole cheerleading turn that happens in the middle of season 2. Luckily, season two straightens out quality-wise in the end but man, some of that stuff is tough to sit through.

To me the show ends after the sixteenth episode "Arbitrary Law". It works well as an ending to the series as it's more open ended than a cliffhanger. And you don't have to watch all the shit to get to the (imo underwhelming) finale.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
1. Yes.

2. YES.
Good. His work is some of the best out there, so I'm glad to hear he's still attached to this project.

It is literally the best thing ever made. So the answer is yes.

It's my favorite show of all time, but some don't share that feeling. You could always try it on Netflix if you have it.
Yeah, I think I'll give an episode a shot. Judging from the responses, it sounds like something worth trying.

flyover

To me the show ends after the sixteenth episode "Arbitrary Law". It works well as an ending to the series...

It really does. It's a perfect ending point, and it's where I'd almost recommend new viewers just stop watching. Problem is, everything's been so great up 'til then, you'd never believe it could go so far off the rails. Then it does. (I didn't even think Windom was all that good. It's just that his storyline was still better than the rest by comparison.)

Still my favorite show ever. Weird thing to say about a one-and-a-half season show with a run of about a dozen mediocre episodes. But it's true.

amnesiac

Didn't this series not get an ending? As in, cancelled before it could end?
It got cut short but there's technically an ending... They were forced to reveal the killer early and the middle of season two is a big mess. Gets great again the last few episodes.

It ends on a cliffhanger, yes, but it works as a good ending.

thenexus6

Awesome, two months ago i'd never seen Twin Peaks but I watched it all on netflix and it went right up there as my favourite things ever..... My birthday is on 12th July so this'll be going on my list!

Can't wait to see this goofy son of a bitch again in glorious HD

andy.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have never seen this show. I just watched that trailer and I have no idea what was happening.

PolishQ

It really does. It's a perfect ending point, and it's where I'd almost recommend new viewers just stop watching. Problem is, everything's been so great up 'til then, you'd never believe it could go so far off the rails. Then it does. (I didn't even think Windom was all that good. It's just that his storyline was still better than the rest by comparison.)

Still my favorite show ever. Weird thing to say about a one-and-a-half season show with a run of about a dozen mediocre episodes. But it's true.

No matter how bad the second season gets, it rewards your patience with the most amazing, flat out insane series finale of all time.

Lowmelody

Oh fuck i just made it 4 or 5 episodes into season 2 and I know my wife and I won't be able to wait till july/aug to finish. On the other hand this show is so good and amazing that I would be down with watching it again soon after though as every other scene has some crazy shit I didn't see coming so I'm sure there is lots more to pick up on second watches.

flyover

No matter how bad the second season gets, it rewards your patience with the most amazing, flat out insane series finale of all time.

I agree with that.

When I was watching it for the first time (on some videocassette copies), I had no idea I was watching the finale -- until it was over and there wasn't another episode on the tape. At first, I thought, "What the hell? They can't end it like that!" But then, I felt it was perfect for the show.

flyover

I want to buy this, but when I introduced my wife to the show, the
"Leland says you're going back to Missoula, MONTANA!"
scene gave her nightmares for days, and she can still barely tolerate mention of the show. Anything having to do with
BOB
just freaks her out.

AWLmutQ.gif

Season 2 was a complete mess post reveal (but I would argue also to a much lesser extent pre reveal). After S1 finale, I don't think the show ever had the constant quality of S1, but the first half of S2 was still very good and had amazing moments.

HOWEVER, everything, and I mean (almost) everything post reveal is fucking dumb as hell, not just Jame's storyline. The show went so far up its own ass it's crazy. The finale is wonderful, but that's being extremely kind to season 2 to say James was its only problem.

I haaaaaaaated how they just dropped Cooper/Audrey.... damn it Kyle....

PolishQ

Aw, man! I just realized the scene at the end of the trailer (Cooper blowing a kiss in the doorway) is from his scene with the never seen, but oft mentioned Diane!

From the script:

35. INT. PHILADELPHIA FBI OFFICES

AGENT DALE COOPER, in the doorway across the hall, talks to DIANE in the next room. While he talks he does some isometrics against the door frame.

COOPER
I know you haven't changed your hair and I've seen that beautiful dress before, but I must say, Diane, you look sensational today.

Diane says something else that we cannot hear.

COOPER
(enjoying this)
No, I am not trying to buy time. It's Thursday and I know you have changed something in the room... and this time you've done very well...
(stalling)
And I am going to tell you exactly what it is... in a moment... you have moved...
(snaps his fingers)
Got it! It's the clock, you've moved it 12 inches to the left.
(a laugh)
Another triumph for the dashing Agent Cooper. And you, Diane, now have to clean the coffee cup, get fresh ground coffee from Sally and make a damn great pot of coffee.

WHAT. Bought. I've never seen FWWM so that'll be awesome to see. The show didn't really scare me (it was incredibly tense) but the finale did.
Laura's scream on is burned in my memory.

Also lol at the people only four or five episodes into season two. You're about to get a rude awakening. I've never seen the quality of a show drop so fast.

3rdman

I want to buy this, but when I introduced my wife to the show, the
"Leland says you're going back to Missoula, MONTANA!"
scene gave her nightmares for days, and she can still barely tolerate mention of the show. Anything having to do with
BOB
just freaks her out.

LOL, that scene was truly disturbing and was the one I alluded to being an R-Rated scene. Damn, now I want to see everything again...but at this point, I'll happily wait for the B-rays.

Ha! I'm drinking coffee this instant...appropriate, I think. :)

Ashok

Banned
You can now preorder on Amazon: http://smarturl.it/twinpeaksbluray

Thanks PolishQ, pre-ordered!

I love this series so much. Imho, the best material in Twin Peaks was in Season 2. My favorite single episode was "Beyond Life and Death". The best possible stopping point for the series was where it ended, the series finale. Considering how much people complain about the "filler" in S2, the show was made in 1990 and I've seen more meandering shows with more "filler" than Twin Peaks in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom