• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks blu-ray officially announced: 90 MINUTES OF FWWM DELETED SCENES (Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolishQ

If you're a fan of David Lynch or Twin Peaks, this is when you start hyperventilating. The series and its companion film Fire Walk With Me --- AND ITS DELETED SCENES --- will be released in North America as "The Entire Mystery" on July 29 of this year.

Guys. 90 MINUTES of never before seen footage from Fire Walk With Me. Characters that never appeared in the released version of the film, like Pete, Truman, Hawk, Andy, Nadine, Big Ed, and Doc Hayward. The long-rumored "Annie in the hospital" scene, which takes place after the end of the TV series! This is like a whole additional Twin Peaks movie, and it looks like it was shot yesterday.

Fans have been clamoring for this footage for 22 years. Today we have been given a great gift.

Watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5EqPZMZO4s <--- NOTE that this is all footage from FWWM and is therefore 16:9. The TV series will be presented in 4:3 as it originally appeared.
Original announcement: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/15/twin-peaks-blu-ray-box-set/

UPDATE:
Link to preorder on Amazon (NA): http://smarturl.it/twinpeaksbluray

Here's a link to the set on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H9BFV98/ (£49.75).

UPDATE 2:
81FnzXfBdRL._SL1500_.jpg

On stunning High Definition Blu-ray, Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery is a comprehensive collection with every episode from the complete television series; both the U.S. and international versions of the series&#8217; Pilot; the North American Blu-ray debut of David Lynch&#8217;s follow-up feature Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me; and nearly 90 minutes of deleted and extended scenes from the film. The set also features newly transferred Log Lady introductions for each episode; picture upgrades to many shots in the TV series; a new featurette with series creator Lynch and the actors who portrayed the Palmer family which includes a mesmerizing return to the lives of their characters today; and hours of never-before-released material that dives into the fascinating story behind the celebrated pop culture classic.

and

Presented as a feature-length experience, "The Missing Pieces" has been directed and edited by Lynch exclusively for this release. Capping off more than 30 deleted/alternate scenes is an epilogue providing a fascinating glimpse beyond the cliffhanger finale of the TV series.

(emphasis mine)

UPDATE 3:
Disc by disc breakdown: http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/2014/05/twin-peaks-entire-mystery-blu-ray.html

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
1. Was Charles de Lauzirika involved in this?

2. Having never seen the series, is this a good blind buy?

3rdman

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

I'm happy. :)

Holy crap yes!

I saw this show as a kid but have never really decided to rewatch it as an adult strangely.

Best excuse to buy this set day one!

2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

YES!!! Even more amazing because I never got around to watching the movie so now I get an enhanced new experience. Such a great show even if there's quite the lull in the middle of the second season. Thank you based Alan Wake for inspiring me to watch this show.

PolishQ

Are the deleted scenes put back into the movie?

I feel they would have announced that if it were the case, so I doubt it. However, I'm sure that a fan edit will be produced relatively quickly. In fact, I know someone big in the TP world who has already pledged to do it...

I think it's time I got myself a reliable way to watch Twin Peaks... Really excited to finally see FWWM.

90 minutes extra footage does sound intriguing.

Your image (is great! but also) needs a "donuts consumed" vs. "donuts produced" graph on the bottom somewhere.

That sounds about right. After watching the pilot episode I felt it was really cheesy and wondered if I'd be able to get into it. Fast forward a couple episodes later when the murder mystery gets going and bam, I was hooked. The cheese became charm. Cooper has to be the best show protag ever. At least the most likeable!

WriterGK

Already own the ''Gold Box'' and have seen the whole show and Fire Walk With Me. But this sounds good but I am not sure if I am going to buy it.

3rdman

FWWM will feature a brand new transfer supervised by director David Lynch and, at long last, nearly 90 minutes of deleted footage and alternate takes (included as an extra).

This is fantastic! I read before that he would only sanction the extra footage if he were allowed to edit and score each scene...this will be a quality release. Finally!

Mr_eX

I feel they would have announced that if it were the case, so I doubt it. However, I'm sure that a fan edit will be produced relatively quickly. In fact, I know someone big in the TP world who has already pledged to do it...

Will watch the fan edit

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Heh, just started watching this on netflix.. 5 episodes in.. pretty intriguing so far.. Cooper is the best.

3rdman

How scary is the show? I can't do horror.

For the time is released, it was shockingly dark. There are scenes (in season 2) that might have passed for an R rating back in the day...I wouldn't consider this a "horror" show in any case. First and foremost, its a parody of soap operas with a good deal of surreal imagery.

amnesiac

It's not scary like a horror film... The atmosphere and some characters are creepy, but it's not jump in your face with a bloody corpse scary. I hate horror films but absolutely love Twin Peaks.

The surreal aspects of the show are brilliant.

PolishQ

The first season (and parts of the second) can be pretty scary at times, especially since it takes you off guard. The show can go from funny to campy to melodramatic to horrific at the drop of a hat. That said, you could probably handle it.

The movie, on the other hand, is outright grim and traumatizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom