• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Blu-Ray confirmed, never-before-seen content, Lynch not returning to TP

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplanen

Definitely deserves its own thread. Video announcement is here.

Rumors about a 3rd season of Twin Peaks or even a new Twin Peaks movie have been shot down several times in the past by people close to the director, including Mark Frost and Jennifer Lynch, but this is the first time David Lynch has dismissed them personally and publicly.

More excitingly, he continued by announcing one true fact: the future release of the Twin Peaks Blu-ray that will include the pilot, season one, season two and “some special things that haven’t been seen before“.

Jarate

Banned
w7TL6Is.gif

Jarate

Banned
my brother was an extra in Fire Walk With Me, it always got referred to in my family, "as a really shitty movie he was in"

I have yet to see it, as the only copy I own is on VHS.

Tucah

you speak so well
I've never seen Twin Peaks but it seems like something I'd love. I'll be picking this up.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's an interesting show but the movie was probably a better ride than most of the series taken as a whole. The last couple episodes of the show were pretty awesome.

Proc

Queue twin peaks theme song. Will buy. I remember having such a lynch phase in highschool. Time to revisit that show for sure.

PolishQ

Will Blu Ray help, or will it make it look worse?

It was shot on film, so it will look great, not unlike the recent Blu Ray releases of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I believe the show is already available on iTunes in HD.

I'm very much hoping that Fire Walk With Me will be included, along with the long-awaited deleted scenes from that film. An extended edition would just about kill me.

LaNaranja

Holy shit I was just about to rematch the series on Netflix this weekend but decided against it. Looks like I will wait for the blu-ray.

This is easily my favorite TV show ever. I also really loved the ending.

RS4-

Lol, I've never seen TP, I don't think I've seen more than a handful of minutes.

So this will be the first time I watch it.

WOOOOOOOO.

So, who here is going to be at the Twin Peaks Fest this year in WA?

I just hope this hits in time for me to rewatch the whole thing before the fest.

bjork

Madchen Amick is still tasty now. Audrey Horne looks like (and likely is by now) someone's grandma, and let's not get started with Wayne's ex.

KTallguy

Banned
Twin Fuckin' Peaks.

I never watched the movie... I heard it was so horrible.

Fuck those guys who forced Lynch to reveal shit.

White Man

The movie isn't bad. It's just feels fractured (there's a lot of cut content) and more like a David Lynch movie than the TV show does. It has David Bowie for like 30 seconds. You just have to adjust your expectations--it's very very much not the TV show.

I tried, guys, I really did. Finished S1 months ago, which I thought was alright. Parts are amazing, some are just too ridiculous - I understand it's a parody to a degree but still, when that marriage kicks in during a bad emotional scene I shake my head more than I laugh.

Still, the season ended on a high note and I immediately wanted to find out what happened next. Then I watched S2's first episode...and gave up. I'll give it another shot eventually, from the beginning.

kick51

Banned
I felt like Fire Walk With Me did a damn fine job of expanding on what was in the show.

It had to be evil and dark enough to lead to the events of the show, not just some teen girl who's smoking weed with some drop out.

and i like weird shit

and day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom