• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised that I haven't watched last weeks episode yet. Think I'll just wait until tonight's airs and have myself 2 hours of Twin Peaks tomorrow (it airs at something like 2am UK time).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm finally caught up! Gonna watch Twin Peaks with the rest of you for the first time tonight.

Welcome to most people enjoying the ride, some people complaining about the new season but still watching it, observations, crazy theories, dumb jokes, and for some reason we keep talking about Tammy despite the fact I'd argue she's been the FBI agent with the smallest role next to Cole, Albert, and Diane.

Not

Banned
Line in the sand time. Are you pro-Dougie, or anti-Dougie?

I love Dougie because like other people said, he's like Ultimate Flanderized Cooper. Likes coffee, kicks ass, and forgets to pee.

I also REALLY like the concept that wandering around in a crazy dimension where nothing makes sense for 25 goddamn years has this kind of effect on a person.

I love Dougie because like other people said, he's like Ultimate Flanderized Cooper. Likes coffee, kicks ass, and forgets to pee.

I also REALLY like the concept that wandering around in a crazy dimension where nothing makes sense for 25 goddamn years has this kind of effect on a person.

And that there is a show with a director and writer avant garde enough to pull it off.

Finally caught up and can enter this thread in safety. Loving so far and pleased it has been more like his films than the original show. The atom bomb scene has been the standout so far.

Linkin112

Gotta choose GoT over this tonight, might be the case for every week really. Have a lot more friends on Facebook and Twitter watching GoT that would spoil it if I went with Twin Peaks.

Finally caught up and can enter this thread in safety. Loving so far and pleased it has been more like his films than the original show. The atom bomb scene has been the standout so far.

I think that had to be the most shocking and realistic depiction I've seen bar real footage.

Flipyap

While I don't mind the ideas it represents, I hope Lynch can do something later on to override the "Zone" mumbo jumbo established through Hastings's techno mumble.
The language Frost uses to write about supernatural stuff is so plain and boring, it hurts to hear it in a Lynch "film." We've gone from living inside dreams and Men From Another Place to blatantly talking about different dimensions and using terminology stolen from real world nutjob "magicians" (which I guess also applies to the Black Lodge, but at least that has properly mysterious ring to it and the show repurposed it as a Native American legend).

Dusk Golem

Time to see how many skip watching live to watch the new Game of Thrones.

I'm all in for Twin Peaks myself, not a big GoT fan.

Less than an hour!

Flipyap

Rewatching last week's part. Two things don't get nearly enough love - Doop's bedazzled flip phone and the Gordon's phone conversation with the Colonel.

#FUCKHORN

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Rewatching last week's part. Two things don't get nearly enough love - Doop's bedazzled flip phone and the Gordon's phone conversation with the Colonel.

#FUCKHORN

I'M NOT APPRECIATING YOUR LANGUAGE, FLIP.

gforguava

It's almost Tammy time!

tammy2.gif

Man, I'm going to be so disappointed when this show fails to get Janey-E, Diane, and Tammy in a room together.

If anyone asks me if I watched Game of Thrones at work tomorrow they are going to get so eyeballs.

I mean, I know a lot of people like both shows, but not me. Anything airing against Twin Peaks may as well not exist to me. You'd think people would have figured that out about me by now.

Flipyap

New Truman is a great Truman, but maaan, it would be so fun to watch Harry S. treating Bobby (that former juvenile piece of shit) like an equal.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
On Truman, I'm half expecting a surprise cameo by Harry at the end, with Cooper visiting him on his last days. Some closure for their bromance. Tears would be shed.

On Truman, I'm half expecting a surprise cameo by Harry at the end, with Cooper visiting him on his last days. Some closure for their bromance. Tears would be shed.
Best not to expect it. Doesn't look like it's happening. And if it does it'll be a bigger surprise.

But it's not. At least I don't think so anyway.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, it's better not to.

But I do wonder what happened that made Harry's actor to just drop out after searching for his jacket and all. It's almost fishy. Almost.

Dusk Golem

Frank Truman has won me over already, but I do miss Harry Truman. Given why he's not here is understandable, but alas.

Though it is fun to see who was originally supposed to play Truman play a Truman, as it were.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
At the end of the day, I'm glad this Truman is Frank. He's pretty great.

Dusk Golem

I'm still happy they kept the original opening theme music, it gets me very excited every time I hear a new episode starting with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom