• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an official thread for a new season of Twin Peaks
There's... a new season of Twin Peaks

WHAT THE FUCK DIANE

46998_original.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm kind of happy Deer Meadows is semi-confirmed to be in the new season. I loved the parts in Fire Walk With Me set there. I also love how much Deer Meadows is basically a reverse Twin Peaks where everyone is unattractive and outwardly crummy.

I say semi-confirmed since we know the trailer park owner from FWWM is in the new season, it's been confirmed this season is set in several American towns and not just Twin Peaks and Deer Meadows is already an established one and we've seen the trailer park in location shots released. I'm just hoping we see more of Deer Meadow rather than just the trailer park though.

Flipyap

bdJgQfp.gif

I'll defend the civil war stuff, that was stupid in the best way.
Andy was stupid in the best way.
The civil war stuff was too loud in its stupidity, too gimmicky and dragged on for way too long (granted, that's true for most things in season 2, but at least its other plot lines still had some character moments that felt true to their original incarnations).

s4P3dmo.gif

PolishQ

The 1st and 2nd episodes air together, the premiere is of the first two episodes (and then episode 3 & 4 available immediately after on-demand but airing next week).

But if finishing the season, in the next week or two, know there won't be any new episodes after the premire+on-demand until June 4th, which is when Part 5 airs (Parts 1 & 2 air tomorrow, Parts 3 & 4 air next Sunday on TV (but available on-demand after the premier of 1 & 2 as said), after that starting with Part 5 we get one new part every week (though we skip July 4th weekend so won't be any new part that week), until the finale on September 3rd where they air Parts 17 & 18 (the final two parts) together.
We don't know when the skip week will actually be. Most people assume July 4th weekend, but it could be any weekend in July or August.

Dusk Golem

Celebrating a Twin Peaks revival, what a crazy world.

TP213Leo.jpg

(I actually love the Leo subplot in the second season, both the living with Shelly & Bobby and the Windom Earle bits, though brief I love the pay-off to the party scene arc which goes into sudden horror movie territory.)

Dusk Golem

We don't know when the skip week will actually be. Most people assume July 4th weekend, but it could be any weekend in July or August.

I had thought it was mentioned as confirmed here, but to be fair I don't know the source.

To quote:

On Sunday, September 3 from 8 to 10 PM, Showtime will air the two-part finale of the new Twin Peaks. The jump from 9 PM to the 8 PM slot happens earlier, on August 6, due to the season 5 premiere of Ray Donovan. The series will also skip one Sunday, on July 2, due to the 4th of July.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
And your girl?
Would've been her first time seeing it at all, but she's knitting and barely watching it anyway. I'm way more into it than she is, although she did enjoy the show.

Unfortunately, the file was fucked up so we're just watching FWWM on Amazon. Honestly, I was enjoying the edit.

PolishQ

I had thought it was mentioned as confirmed here, but to be fair I don't know the source.

I don't know, it looks like they added that because people in the comments section were guessing that was when the skip would be. And it's totally possible it'll be that week. I kind of wish it would be the following weekend though, to split the season right down the middle.

grumpy

With neither Lara Boyle or Heather Graham reprising their roles, how are they gonna continue two of the biggest cliffhangers from the first show?

As far as I know, LFB and Lynch had a falling out over the
nude scenes
in Fire Walk With Me. And I remember reading in an interview from a few years back when the third season was first announced that she'd love to reprise the role. I guess, Lynch really holds a grudge. Or maybe it has something to do with her... um, appearance, after all the cosmetic surgeries she's had over the years.

Solo

Wooooo Twin Peaks tomorrow!

Is there a rule that discussion about episodes 3 and 4 must he spoilered until they air on May 28? Because that should be a rule.

chekhonte

I live in Seattle and my good friend lives in NYC. She's coming out to teach a summer course and we made a pact to wait and watch it together when she comes out in July. I've been sweating since I know for a fact, now that it's airing in a day that I'm not going to be able to wait. I talked to her yesterday and she said that there's no way we're going to be able to hold back and we'll just watch it again if we want to when she gets here.

Thank. God.

I live in Seattle and my good friend lives in NYC. She's coming out to teach a summer course and we made a pact to wait and watch it together when she comes out in July. I've been sweating since I know for a fact, now that it's airing in a day that I'm not going to be able to wait. I talked to her yesterday and she said that there's no way we're going to be able to hold back and we'll just watch it again if we want to when she gets here.

Thank. God.

lol, you two held out long :p

LProtag

I have a feeling this season is going to be more FWWM than it will be like the TV show. I mean, look at the last thing Lynch has done: Inland Empire. And now Showtime gave him a ton of money and complete creative control.

This is going to be a hell of a confusing and difficult ride.

As far as I know, LFB and Lynch had a falling out over the
nude scenes
in Fire Walk With Me. And I remember reading in an interview from a few years back when the third season was first announced that she'd love to reprise the role. I guess, Lynch really holds a grudge. Or maybe it has something to do with her... um, appearance, after all the cosmetic surgeries she's had over the years.

But she wasn't even in Fire Walk with Me?

I have a feeling this season is going to be more FWWM than it will be like the TV show. I mean, look at the last thing Lynch has done: Inland Empire. And now Showtime gave him a ton of money and complete creative control.

This is going to be a hell of a confusing and difficult ride.

Let's not forget Frost was the one that came to Lynch with the initial kernel for the return, and they also used part of their original template for season 3 before it was canceled, so while I'm sure we're gonna see some insane shit I have a feeling its going to be a lot more grounded than anything approaching IE. Then again, I'm ready to be surprised :)

But she wasn't even in Fire Walk with Me?

I think they meant LFB was upset that he put her character in those situations, hence not doing the part. This was the person that vetoed the Audrey/Coop romance too, so not surprising she'd want to keep her character "pure" or whatever.

I'm just glad that we don't have to lie to each other now.

Heh, I'm now imagining two people trying to outdo one another by feigning surprise at key moments in their "initial watch" together.

Chuckie

I think they meant LFB was upset that he put her character in those situations, hence not doing the part. This was the person that vetoed the Audrey/Coop romance too, so not surprising she'd want to keep her character "pure"

I never understood why the Audrey/Coop thing was opposed by her. Jealousy? She had something with James on screen....so why couldn't Kyle. Also why didn't she have problems with Heather and Kyle?

I never understood why the Audrey/Coop thing was opposed by her. Jealousy? She had something with James on screen....so why couldn't Kyle. Also why didn't she have problems with Heather and Kyle?

I believe her reasoning was the age gap of the characters was too big and it was kinda pervy (and it kinda is). Keep in mind she was dating Kyle at the time, so that prob also factored into it.

Dizzy-4U

Is it going to be on Netflix tomorrow for the rest of the world? Or do I have to leave the internet for a couple of months?

Joqu

Is it going to be on Netflix tomorrow for the rest of the world? Or do I have to leave the internet for a couple of months?

Uh, that depends entirely on what country you live in. I'll be aired day and date in a lot of countries around the world though, but it might be dependent on a particular service.

Some places will have it on Netflix, others are HBO, some are Sky, some are something country specific.

Dizzy-4U

Uh, that depends entirely on what country you live in. I'll be aired day and date in a lot of countries around the world, but it might be dependent on a particular service.

Some places will have it on Netflix, others are HBO, some are Sky, some are something country specific.
Oh crap, I thought everyone was getting it on Netflix. Thanks for the info.

PolishQ

If you're wondering if certain territories are going to get the entire series tomorrow, I'm 99.9999% confident that they'll have to wait week to week for new episodes just like the rest of us.

Dizzy-4U

If you're wondering if certain territories are going to get the entire series tomorrow, I'm 99.9999% confident that they'll have to wait week to week for new episodes just like the rest of us.
No, not the entire thing, just the episode of the day. Anyways, hoping we get it on netflix over here.

Flipyap

Yeah. Their chemistry was electric.
They looked nice together, but the characters had nothing in common. That subplot had no future and Cooper's character and reputation suffered enough during the Flannel Era without him banging a ditzy high schooler.

Joqu

This might actually be good OP material. Someone on the Twin Peaks centric dugpa.com forums has been compiling a list of where it airs around the world.

Here's a link to the thread but I believe you need an account? I'm logged in lol.

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3358

Here, I'll quote it.

LonelySoul on Dugpa said:
There have been some nation-specific threads here so far, but I'm hoping we can compile a list of all services that will have season three airing live. Here's what I know so far.

Australia: Stan
Austria: Sky
Belgium: Be TV or Play More
Bosnia and Herzegovina: HBO Europe
Brazil: Netflix
Bulgaria: HBO Europe
Canada: The Movie Network or CraveTV
Croatia: HBO Europe
Czech Republic: HBO Europe
Denmark: HBO Nordic
Finland: HBO Nordic
France: Canal+
Germany: Sky Atlantic
Greece: Cosmote TV
Hungary: HBO Europe
Italy: Sky Atlantic
Ireland: Sky Atlantic or NowTV
Japan: WOWOW
Kosovo: HBO Europe
Macedonia: HBO Europe
Moldova: HBO Europe
Montenegro: HBO Europe
Netherlands: Videoland
New Zealand: SoHo
Norway: HBO Nordic
Poland: HBO Europe
Portugal: TVCine (But not until May 28)
Romania: HBO Europe
Russia: Amedia TV or TV-3
Serbia: HBO Europe
Slovakia: HBO Europe
Slovenia: HBO Europe
South Africa: DStv
Spain: Moviestar+
Sweden: HBO Nordic
Turkey: FX Türkiye
United Kingdom: Sky Atlantic
United States: Showtime

NOTE: For countries that say HBO Europe, this is the organization CBS signed the deal with. The local HBO operator will be the one actually broadcasting the show (e.g. HBO Polska in Poland, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom