• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal PS3 hint?

Jim said:
It certainly doesn't hurt that they already have the perfect engine (Calling All Cars/Warhawk) just waiting to be molding into an awesome new Twisted Metal game.

The Warhawk engine strikes me as something really solid and versatile. It's often overlooked when people talk about great tech of the new generation, but it really is very, very good.

Jim

AltogetherAndrews said:
The Warhawk engine strikes me as something really solid and versatile. It's often overlooked when people talk about great tech of the new generation, but it really is very, very good.

Calling All Cars uses the Warhawk engine actually. So obviously, it's REALLY versatile.

Edit: duh

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
It certainly doesn't hurt that they already have the perfect engine (Calling All Cars/Warhawk) just waiting to be molded into an awesome new Twisted Metal game.

On his blog there talking about making a Twisted Metal documentary! But the consensus well with other gamers is its bs, and theres a game in the works. This rumor has been flying around for a good six months now. Everything is falling into place, Warhawk is done, opening that extra studio and stuff.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
AltogetherAndrews said:

Coincidentally, the original Twisted Metal used the original Warhawk engine too. Hehe.

Jim said:
It certainly doesn't hurt that they already have the perfect engine (Calling All Cars/Warhawk) just waiting to be molded into an awesome new Twisted Metal game.

Hopefully they can incorporate Havok 4.5 into the engine to get the vehicle destructibility beyond even Motorstorm.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Jim said:
Warhawk uses the Calling All Cars engine actually. So obviously, it's REALLY versatile.
CAC engine predates Warhawk? That'd be absurd on a number of levels, Jim.

Firewire

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Coincidentally, the original Twisted Metal used the original Warhawk engine too. Hehe.

yeah thats 100% correct. good engine to. the new Warhawk engine could do some awesome things for a new Twisted Metal game.

Jim

kaching said:
CAC engine predates Warhawk? That'd be absurd on a number of levels, Jim.

Yeah, I'm retarded. Didn't realize I wrote it like that until I just glanced at the thread again.

sakuragi

Banned
Jim said:

Or they could use the Motorstorm engine from evolution?

Ploid 3.0

Ranger X said:
Oh yessss. Twisted Metal coming.

Or watch it Twisted Metal 2 receiving the Wipeout HD treatment.

I also wouldn't mind a PSN HD TM2 with online (yes paris map was awesome). Man please don't be toying with my emotions and bring TM PS3 to us. And yea, they got the engine for it. The jeeps in warhawk feel like twisted metal, and the cars in calling all cars do also even though the control layout is totally different. Oh man it has to happen. It's to easy for them to do it now that warhawks tech is in place. Come on Jaffe, think about da gamers. This isn't a 20mil project, it's a good size game and please if you guys make it, think about paying homage (or should I say hommage. we we) to that paris level. Screw the publicity failures that can happen in these days when people see a awesomely rendered Eiffel tower destroyed in the game to bridge us to the rooftops... man I'm now getting homesick for TM2.

Raziel

Stylistically and thematically I don't think they could outdo Black. It was simply the perfect Twisted Metal game.

Madman

DeadCell said:
Dear god I hope this is true.

Don't toy with my emotions, I'm fragile. :(

*waits anxiously for the subtle Jet Moto PS3 hint*
Don't mention Jet Moto. I hurts too much.

TWBA is the advertising group for the Playstation IIRC.

The last I heard anything about Jet Moto was that early on during the PS2 it was in development but Sony eventually canned it. And ever since then its been a series that hasn't really been talked about by Sony.

AlphaSnake

SolidSnakex said:
The last I heard anything about Jet Moto was that early on during the PS2 it was in development but Sony eventually canned it. And ever since then its been a series that hasn't really been talked about by Sony.

Jet Moto via Wipeout HD engine. Believe.

Madman

SolidSnakex said:
I still hold out hope for a new one. Warhawk went from the PS1 to the PS3 so I can still hold out hope.

Doel

Please be true!!

TM 1&2 kick started my interest in the Playstation, and TMB is one of the best games of last-gen imo.

AlphaSnake

On that note, Jet Moto ALSO used the Warhawk engine. Damn, I totally forgot about that.

Madman

AlphaSnake said:
On that note, Jet Moto ALSO used the Warhawk engine. Damn, I totally forgot about that.
I beg you Sony/Incognito, next gen TM and JM using the Warhawk engine! Who's with me?!

AAK

It isn't Sweet tooth without the flame hair, that is his signature damnit. I refuse to have a twisted metal game without a headonfire-sweet tooth.

But damn, Sony needs to calm the hell down. I can't consume all of this info.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Flo_Evans said:
I think twisted metal PS3 is a no-brainer... I just don't think this ad is anything related to it.

"Playstation 3" in the bottom right hand corner doesn't do it for you?

Jim

Madman said:
Wild guess, or is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class?

A guess... the ad agency listed in connection with the above image is European, and I can't imagine they would bother showing it at TGS.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dead-rising-xbox-360-clown.jpg

COULD IT BE????????????

Nah i guess its TM2.

xaosslug

AlphaSnake said:
Jet Moto via Wipeout HD engine. Believe.

IMO, it's a likely possibility a next-gen Jet Moto is coming/being discussed/or in the works as we type. It makes sense, and putting the PSOne ver. up on PSN sounds like a great way to gauge overall interest in such a move.

Flo_Evans

davepoobond said:
"Playstation 3" in the bottom right hand corner doesn't do it for you?

no the fact that it was made by a french advertising agency for print does it for me. Why sony santa monica have a french ad agency do a twisted metal teaser? And the fact that the clown looks nothing like the sweet tooth.

Madman

Jim said:
A guess... the ad agency listed in connection with the above image is European, and I can't imagine they would bother showing it at TGS.
Gotcha.

I really hope:
1. There will be a new form of TM.
2. It will be a new TM and not just TM Head On HD.

Top Bottom