• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal PS3 hint?

No relevance with twisted metal whatsoever. It's just one of those metaphor/this.is.living ads. It just shows a clown (Metaphor: FUN) and Nuke (Metaphor: Destruction) coming together, showing that you can "play beyond" and create destructions in gaming world unlike anything you've ever seen.

Please don't tell me you people said "ZOMG! A NEW GAME WITH CRYING BABY!" when you guys saw the "PS3 baby" commercial...

Once again, No resemblance with sweet-tooth, nor anything relevant with twisted metal.

Please lock before DavidJaffe shows up and rants how Sony hasn't informed him of a new TM game.

Madman

shagg_187 said:
No relevance with twisted metal whatsoever. It's just one of those metaphor/this.is.living ads.
Jaffe already mentioned a TM documentary and said he couldn't talk about it, so it is relevant.

Flo_Evans

4thrwbl.jpg

OMG orgy/mutilation/cannibal game confirmed! Its says PS2 in the corner!

Madman said:
Jaffe already mentioned a TM documentary and said he couldn't talk about it, so it is relevant.

Oh come on! You can't be THAT Blind... No offense but that is an entirely different scenario. Yes, we ALL know that a TM game is under development somewhere, but this ad has nothing to do with twisted metal.

If there was a twisted metal game hinted, it would have been something like this:

twisted_metal_black_sweettooth_clown.jpg

With a coming soon caption...

Grayman

shagg_187 said:
Oh come on! You can't be THAT Blind... No offense but that is an entirely different scenario. Yes, we ALL know that a TM game is under development somewhere, but this ad has nothing to do with twisted metal.

If there was a twisted metal game hinted, it would have been something like this:

http://www.clownz.com/images/twisted_metal_black_sweettooth_clown.jpg[/IMG]

With a coming soon caption...
That wouldn't exactly be a hint.

J2 Cool

Ronabo said:
Twisted Metal Black was great.

A new one on PS3 would be awesome.

Yes it was. It was impressive as hell at the time too for what it was pushing. I think a Twisted Metal PS3 would be insane. Been a fan since the 2nd.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Flo_Evans said:
no the fact that it was made by a french advertising agency for print does it for me. Why sony santa monica have a french ad agency do a twisted metal teaser? And the fact that the clown looks nothing like the sweet tooth.

why does it have to look like sweet tooth?

i was thinking it looked more like his vehicle -- or it could even be a weapon that sweet tooth uses which is a nuclear bomb that blows up into a clown face.

as for it being made by a european agency, why can't they make ads for america? also, the next "big event" is going to be a European one as well. not to mention Sony markets their products globally (most of the time) and Twisted Metal isn't exactly an exception as far a i've seen.

I don't see how that's Sweet Tooth rather than any old clown.

However, a TM on PS3 would be bad news for me. Hunger for that game is what finally got me to bite the bullet on PSP.

Madman

shagg_187 said:
And how do you know all of this? Oh, you don't? Then why in the hell are you being so definitive in your rants?

I'm not saying it is real or fake. You are the one jumping to conclusions.

Flo_Evans

davepoobond said:
why does it have to look like sweet tooth?

i was thinking it looked more like his vehicle -- or it could even be a weapon that sweet tooth uses which is a nuclear bomb that blows up into a clown face.

as for it being made by a european agency, why can't they make ads for america? also, the next "big event" is going to be a European one as well. not to mention Sony markets their products globally (most of the time) and Twisted Metal isn't exactly an exception as far a i've seen.

le sigh. Fine. If you want to think its a twisted metal teaser image I don't care. I guess that why they don't use european ad agency's stuff over here, because it goes over our silly american heads.

davepoobond

Flo_Evans said:
le sigh. Fine. If you want to think its a twisted metal teaser image I don't care. I guess that why they don't use european ad agency's stuff over here, because it goes over our silly american heads.

::shrug:: k

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
shagg_187 said:
That was just an example...

Alright, this would be a better teaser:

twisted_metal.jpg

yeah but come on, anybody who play TM knows you had battles all over the place destroying shyt, a mushroom cloud fits it best!

dfyb

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Just an ex.... ahh fget...
the mushroom cloud resembling a clown is a better example

it is completely intentional. mushroom cloud is war and violence. clown mixed with war and violence means sweet tooth. sweet tooth means twisted metal.

trying to duplicate sweet tooth's head and fire hair accurately in a cloud of smoke would ruin the asthetics.

FightyF

Banned
Tiduz said:
dead-rising-xbox-360-clown.jpg

COULD IT BE????????????

Nah i guess its TM2.

:lol

Best death sequence ever!

Anyways, I hope it's true. Though I wouldn't mind an HD makeover...I'd really rather see a full on PS3 title made from scratch.

Rather than using the extra horsepower in making the scope of the game larger...I'd rather there be an extreme amount of detail in the game.

Decado

Incognito consists of more than one development team, doesn't it?

I really want a new TM. Black finally got me into it (though I think I'd prefer a more Interstate '76 story mode style).

TheJollyCorner said:

:lol JC never fails to blow things up real good.

TM confirmed for 2008! Get clOWNED!

Decado said:
Incognito consists of more than one development team, doesn't it?

I really want a new TM. Black finally got me into it (though I think I'd prefer a more Interstate '76 story mode style).
They've always had a minimum of 2 teams.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Now that's quality gaming journalism - reporting on NeoGAF's emotional state. We should do it up like a daily weather bulletin.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well, regardless of the ad, I demand they use the TM2 version of Outlaw for the inevitable PS3 sequel. TM:B Outlaw was more like Warthog, and crazy 8 was a poor substitute.

davepoobond

kaching said:
Now that's quality gaming journalism - reporting on NeoGAF's emotional state. We should do it up like a daily weather bulletin.

years of pent up emotion down the drain. guess i'll have to build it up for next time, so it'll only be like 50 days of pent up emotion by then huh :p

MeshuggahMan said:
If I remember correctly, didn't things really start picking up for PS2 after Twisted Metal: Black came out? Or was it before that?

Well the game came out 8 months after the PS2 launched in the US

Top Bottom