• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter being rebranded to “X”, bird logo going away

ManaByte

GBeZarn.jpg

So there it is. Twitter is dead. It’s now “X”.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I'm sure this is the final nail in the coffin. Elon's Twitter mismanagement is probably already in community college text books all over the country
I knew someone who I used to work with that went to twitter had to deal with the crap when people couldn’t get I to the building etc. This was in the UK where I thought we had laws against that.

I feel sorry for the people who were just working to earn a living then get shafted by that idiot

DKehoe

I get that he has wanted to do something with the x.com domain for a long time now. But, as I've seen others point out, Twitter's branding is successful enough that "tweet" "tweeting" and "retweet" are all things that people can say in normal conversation without sounding like corporate weirdos. Most companies would love that kind of brand identity. So it seems strange for him to throw that away. But it's his site so he can do what he likes with it. I know in the past he's talked about having X be a "super app" so I guess this is part of that process. So maybe it's the next step to bigger and better things but it seems odd to me.

Supposedly a while back he wanted to make an all-in-one app and call it X.

People are saying that this is what he's going to be doing with Twitter now.

Bridges

I don't care what happens to Twitter either way, but from the outside looking in this seems like a terrible idea. Twitter is an extremely recognizable brand and logo.

Unless this is a play at people like me who thinks "cesspool" when hearing Twitter, but it's not like a different name would bring me (or probably anyone else) back.

Red5

Has Twitter become profitable since he took the helm?

Let's be honest, the only reason he bought it was for pure trolling, narcissism and vanity.

Top Bottom