• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter being rebranded to “X”, bird logo going away

Elon Musk is probably the strongest defender of online speech from actual government censorship that there is, and he's a hypocritical trainwreck of a person. I really wish that wasn't the case, in either direction. If anyone has been having a hard time accepting this fact, the main guy who was responsible for the twitter files just brought receipts.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Elon Musk is probably the strongest defender of online speech from actual government censorship that there is

Given his recent activities, I'm not so sure about that. It's just a coincidence that he was against government censorship because it happened to align with his own feelings about it. I think if any future governmental bodies kissed his ass and had similar political leanings and opinions to him, Elon's principles would become slightly less principled. I think he cares more about money, clout, and having his own opinions reinforced by fans.

Elon is proving to be nothing but a fascist.

Free speech for me but not thee.
That's why he's twatting all over twatter.
Vwkyosj.jpeg

Thaedolus

There’s no greater example of my shit don’t stink than Elon thinking rebranding to “X” was a good idea. You really must have 100 chodes lining up to sniff your farts in order to sluff off some of your wealth to get to that point.

Mmmm yes, but this goes to 11…

Mistake

Given his recent activities, I'm not so sure about that. It's just a coincidence that he was against government censorship because it happened to align with his own feelings about it. I think if any future governmental bodies kissed his ass and had similar political leanings and opinions to him, Elon's principles would become slightly less principled. I think he cares more about money, clout, and having his own opinions reinforced by fans.
He's flip flopped a few times, saying things like freedom of speech but not freedom of reach. Yet after the disney stuff and ad revenue crash, he kind of reversed. I don't know his official stance, and I don't think he does either

I admittedly like Elon Musk or at least I mostly do but I feel he can be really petty at times and changing it from Twitter to X was simply out of pettiness.

Top Bottom