• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter has just banned Milo Yiannopoulos permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to see what was happening on the hashtag to save him and besides the need to take a bath, I was SHOCKED to see this :

k5FYFSC.png

TRULLY SHOCKING to see her using the hashtag =P

but but CHS is a democrat and a feminist and a liberal... LOL

I love that she calls it a quarrel as if the racism he threw at Jones was just part of a disagreement.

At least I have even more ammo to use whenever someone tries to claim CHS is worth listening to.

EmiPrime

HOLY SHIT! I just clicked on a Link to the Breitbart.

Holy shit! Holy shit! is this fucking real? This has got to be some sort of affiliated site from The Onion right? it's a joke right?

This isnt an actual real site....

right?

This isn't a rabbit hole you want to go down.

Get out while you still can!

AHA-Lambda

GOOD!

Long overdue. He's a shit stain of a human being. Idk how anyone can listen to him.

Hell, I genuinely don't understand how someone who claims to be within news can justify the shit he pulled on Leslie Jones!

Save the time and use https://twitter.com/ggautoblocker or one of the other block lists
Thanks! I saw one person who wasn't white.

As far as I can tell that hashtag is mostly made up of the same few accounts posting over and over again. Their salt is lovely though.
It is. The ones from real people accounts (not anime avatars #TheSpraytheist) all start out with "I don't know this guy/don't agree with his opinions but free speech..." and then they tweet that 20 times.

Went to see what was happening on the hashtag to save him and besides the need to take a bath, I was SHOCKED to see this :

k5FYFSC.png

TRULLY SHOCKING to see her using the hashtag =P

"Oy vey", indeed. I love how she just threw in that little dog-whistle like it was so organic no one would notice.

So this is how twitter crumbles. The whole point is too have as many people on it. Banning people for their views will just turn it into an echo box.
Or a place where people aren't harassed by sociopaths. I didn't sign up for Twitter to read alt-right trash.

cirrhosis

So this is how twitter crumbles. The whole point is to have as many people on it. Banning people for their views will just turn it into an echo box.

hahaha what? We're pretending that banning people for saying disgusting things to other people is a loss to Twitter's overall marketability as a platform?

Toxi

Banned
So this is how twitter crumbles. The whole point is to have as many people on it. Banning people for their views will just turn it into an echo box.
"Banning people for their views"

For fuck's sake. He was harassing people. He had been suspended from Twitter twice already for being a shitlord. And then he does shit like this and people ask why this human garbage was banned?

04CJE7y.png

PopeReal

Lolololol

Won't someone think of the people who organize and lead groups to harass people online? ?????

Echo echo echooo

Yes, truly. If they don't allow neo-Nazis to relentlessly harass people on their service, what's the point of it even existing?

Nanashrew

Banned

It's not at all about his views. It's about how much of a PoS he was to other people and being a serial harasser.

He posted faked tweets of her saying racist and homophobic shit to rile up the torches and pitchforks.

04CJE7y.png

It got so bad Leslie Jones left twitter.

Leslie-Jones-tweets.jpg

PopeReal

The gamergators are flocking to this thread aren't they?

The fuckboys can't help themselves. Must fight for free speech! !##!!

Lolol sorry one of your dudes got banned. Write a letter to Twitter or something.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
All them salty fellas should start their own twitter like site, name it Bitter, alternatively, Shitter.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Took way too long if what im reading about him is true...ouch.

Ekai

Lolol sorry one of your dudes got banned. Write a letter to Twitter or something.

I kinda am completely okay with their voices going unheard. Now they'll know how their victims feel, maybe? But they'd have to develop any sense of empathy for that to happen.

FunkyMonk

Nah they should boycott it, seeing as they're the majority they should get Milo reinstated ASAP
/s
, they just need to take the boycott seriously. Go GG go!

I actually still find it hard to believe there could be GamerGaters on GAF. I thought they stayed in the sewers of Twitter, this forum is typically pretty progressive - it must be a nightmare for them

PopeReal

I actually still find it hard to believe there could be GamerGaters on GAF. I thought they stayed in the sewers of Twitter, this forum is typically pretty progressive - it must be a nightmare for them

There are plenty. They expose themselves on the gaming side usually.

Or have baby meltdowns lolol

Ekai

They rear their heads once in a while, as disturbing as that would be to think. It's not out of the ordinary. Even some of the more progressive elements will echo some similar sentiments at times.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
There's never been anything more pathetic than people treating account suicide like martyrdom.

You aren't Jesus. You just look like a complete fool.

Edit: I see the posts are removed. We shan't discuss it.

FLEABttn

Banned

They do it on purpose. Create accounts here, JAQ off, get the ban they wanted, then run back to their alt-right corners to show what martyrs they are.

For some reason I thought Sommers had taken the awkward distancing 'I was only with GG when it was pure and saving gamers, but I still agree with their message' stance TotalBiscuit did when things reached a boiling point. I guess I was wrong.

Curious if she ever bothers fielding questions about her supposed politics and... Well. *everything* she surrounds herself with, or just makes sure to avoid anybody who would do so.

About time, and fully deserved. He's a revoltingly vile person.

I saw the barrage of hate Leslie was getting, and it's heartbreaking. Even with Milo off Twitter she's still going to be dealing with his minions for who knows how long.

Ekai

About time, and fully deserved. He's a revoltingly vile person.

I saw the barrage of hate Leslie was getting, and it's heartbreaking. Even with Milo off Twitter she's still going to be dealing with his minions for who knows how long.

It's a shame really. She wouldn't have had to go through it all if Twitter actually cared to do something about Milo (and actually follow their ToS) way earlier. This is a nice step but I feel like they need to do way more. I hope this is a sign of that happening. We'll see.

For some reason I thought Sommers had taken the awkward distancing 'I was only with GG when it was pure and saving gamers, but I still agree with their message' stance TotalBiscuit did when things reached a boiling point. I guess I was wrong.

Curious if she ever bothers fielding questions about her supposed politics and... Well. *everything* she surrounds herself with, or just makes sure to avoid anybody who would do so.

CHS is one of the most disingenuous people in the world.

She's the queen of dog whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom