• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two months are enough to visit Los Santos

glow

Banned
Brilliant ad. I'm holding off on my trip to Los Santos til next spring though. I already live in Chi so I'm just waiting for November to arrive :D

PFD

From Steam:

nMz0LSe.jpg

This is amazing

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I didn't know Watch Dogs was supposed to have a huge open world with a ton of stuff to do in it. It always seemed to me like a story-driven game with plenty of scripted/contextual sequences, and a bit of multiplayer crossover.

Amir0x

Banned
That's a pretty neat ad - doesn't disparage the competition, and in some way endorses them in fact. But also encourages those fans of the open world game to check this title out as well if you liked GTAV. Very nice.

Mesoian

I didn't know Watch Dogs was supposed to have a huge open world with a ton of stuff to do in it. It always seemed to me like a story-driven game with plenty of scripted/contextual sequences, and a bit of multiplayer crossover.

They haven't done a terribly great job telling people what Watch_Dogs is...which reminds me of the early assassin's creed marketing days where they weren't trying to tell people about the Animus stuff.

Seems like they're keeping surprises hidden.

sibarraz

Banned
Its funny considering that back in the day the devs of watch dogs where making shots at gta which were not exactly respectful (they are the devs of fdriver right?)

But back on topic, the ad was hilarious

tensuke

As far as I know the entire version of Chicago is open. The only caveat is that you can't hack stuff in a district until you've hacked into that district's main servers, kind of like taking outposts in FC3.

slapnuts

Yeah i really dig the humbled humor by Ubi ....same feeling i get from Sony with its PS4 which in all honestly i haven't felt from Sony since their original PlayStation console many moons ago. This upcoming gen is looking more awesome as the days go on!!

Hah. That's some pretty funny advertising there. Can't wait for this game. I'm always up for a new sandbox with promising innovative gameplay.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Good on you Ubisoft, same for the GAT V DLC, It's nice to see an ads that involves a competitor that isn't based on putting them down or pure mockery and are just friendly jabs. Unlike some companies that end up doing quite the opposite and then end up apologising or taking the ads down.

UNCMark

Banned
This wasn't marketing afterall. It was how long they gave their own devs off to play GTA. Game is so good they need more time.

geebee

Banned
Never thought this was clever. Ubi are one of the big offenders like Activision when it comes to obnoxious, multi-million dollar marketing campaigns. Happy to see it come back to bite them in the ass.

Bear

This ad bugs me because it should be "Two months is enough to visit Los Santos".
[/grammarnazi]

Aside from that, it's a pretty amusing acknowledgement of their biggest competitor. Too bad it doesn't work anymore.

Top Bottom