• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two *Off-screen* High Resolution Images of Battlefield 4 Running on Xbox One

Majanew

Banned
Considering how blurred the text is, I'd imagine these images are worth not giving a **** about.

But it allows more fun bashing towards Xbox One! That's the hip thing now!

And that Kinect sensor shit better be able to be turned off.

DICE really should release some Xbox One footage. It has to look better than these piss poor pics/videos being taken by the same dumbasses that take photos of UFOs and Bigfoot.

Check out the aliasing in the windows in that first shot. Can someone extrapolate the resolution from that? Haha.

And people thought the DS4 light bar was going to be annoying, wait till you see what Kinect has to say about your body position.

Cornbread78

Can't wait to play this game live... Also a little off-topic, I know, but, ya know, I just can't wait for the side by side DF reviews of these games in about 6 weeks from now... should be very, very interesting to see if there will be any difference at all. I'm smelling lowest specs get the equal port......

Kerub

Banned
construction_1p_1920x1080.jpg

I wonder when games will look like this..

Looking at it though ... that can't be real ...

They have 8GB of RAM to work with! How can textures still be so low resolution??? HOW?!!?

But that is a .. long ... way off from this

construction_1p_1920x1080.jpg

Even the low setting shot ...

battlefield4-beta-2.png

To be fair, the game is a monster on PC. I was getting 60fps in BF3 while only like 30-35 in BF4 beta. Maybe that will be improved at release though i dunno

Can't wait to play this game live... Also a little off-topic, I know, but, ya know, I just can't wait for the side by side DF reviews of these games in about 6 weeks from now... should be very, very interesting to see if there will be any difference at all. I'm smelling lowest specs get the equal port......

I usually only follow DF face-offs closely when new consoles are involved. The last time I really got into those was when the WiiU came out. Really looking forward to the Xone/PS4 comparisons.

cheezcake

In what universe do you consider 1024x768 photos with insane noise and blur "high resolution"

It looks like there's aliasing which should be expected but you can't really judge much else from these shots with confidence.

peter

Banned
I think people expecting to much.
Every next gen we get a smaller leap. Still if the console is 5years old we still will get some good gfx. But i think you can't expect at the moment more than this. Also the demo's that MS showed at there shows before mostly not running on a console but pc. I know its cheap but it has to sell.

In what universe do you consider 1024x768 photos with insane noise and blur "high resolution"

It looks like there's aliasing which should be expected but you can't really judge much else from these shots with confidence.

I can't find the link but there was a yt clip a few days ago of xb1 version and it looked rather jaggy and had no shadows. BUT it did run very smooth so that is something anyway.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's going to the whole season? No way. It's impossible to the whole season.
All the fans have been the whole time but it's finally clear that the Xbox one is just going to without question this year thanks to games looking so.

SJRB

Gold Member
The Kinect error message made me chuckle.

"Reposition yourself", haha. Reposition yourself or else!!

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
You a point.

Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

red731

The fact that I can see (sub-pixel) aliasing on a blurry off-screen 1024x768 shot isn't particularly encouraging.

And now I see it everywhere, thanks
KuGsj.gif

1st shot: The wall in front of the player and its side
2nd shot: Mainly the stairs that are in front of the player, on the right and look even little bit up.
3rd shot: Good AF on that skewed lines texture.

Mikey Jr.

If kinect is disabled, can you still lean another way? Either way, leaning in real life to lean sounds like its going to lose its appeal quickly. Ps4 you just use the controller.

Well, that's probably running on GPUs which, on their own, use about as much power as PS4 and XB1 combined.

Oh I know heh, but man talk about a shot of reality in the teeth. From what ... E3 up until now we have seen nothing but this amazing high definition 60fps BF4 experience looking FANTASTIC and then WAM ... here you go, you get the slight increase from current gen version. Remember the BF4 video of the game running up on the big screen at the Xbox One E3? Man ... seriously go back and watch that footage lol

Getting kicked in the teeth generally hurts.

cheezcake

I can't find the link but there was a yt clip a few days ago of xb1 version and it looked rather jaggy and had no shadows. BUT it did run very smooth so that is something anyway.

No shadows? Sounds like a bug...I'm quite sure the final product will ship with shadows.

Anyway it's clear that the XB1 version of bf4 will look nothing close to what it will look like on a high end PC rig.

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how some crazies think you can extrapolate stuff like texture quality
from low resolution, off screen, very noisy photos.
I mean you can barely make out the xbox writing on top of the console and the tangled earphones are a blurry mess.

E92 M3

Love the Kinect positioning error, and by love I mean absolutely despise. That shit better be toggable. I don't always play my games in static positions and there better not be a Kinect dictating my posture and position (I know it's optional, but I don't want to keep plugging and unplugging). Why must MS do this to their loyal fanbase?

Top Bottom