• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two *Off-screen* High Resolution Images of Battlefield 4 Running on Xbox One

Man Battlefield 4 looks amazing. I absolutely can't wait to play it.

ILcQHV3.jpg
MIoRVki.jpg
On the Kinect issues, come on. Seriously everyone, if you took the time to look at the image you will clearly see that there is no Kinect to be found. Obviously these units have Kinect plugged in or else the message probably wouldn't even show up. But we have two images here which show the layout of the station, on top of the game, with Kinect nowhere to be seen.

Its obviously either turned to the side or behind the television where it wouldn't be able to see the person anyways.

No way, no one could tell the difference if that was 1080p anyway!

* cough *

I asked awhile ago why we have yet to see these third party games running off pure X1 hardware, and we are slowly beginning to see why.

Assassins Creed, showcased on PS4
Watch Dogs, showcased on PS4
BF4, showcased on PS4

List went on throughout the reveals and E3 and Gamescom and the like. I started to wonder ... why are we not seeing the X1 version? Well .... there ya go.

The writing's on the wall yet some people refuse to see it

Kuro

People are being a little too harsh on an off screen shot of a game in development. I have little interest in the XB1 but I still think its kind of harsh. Wait until we get direct feed non-bullshots to start criticizing the graphics although knowing its going to be 720p kind of already means its not going to look all that great.

pixlexic

Banned
Honestly after playing the pc demo on ultra I just think think the whole game looks bad compared to everything else.

Maybe SP will change my opinion?

It actually looks quite good in that new footage. It becomes rather easy to see the "barely better than current gen" crap is complete nonsense.

It's a Beta

People already complaining about graphics/shadows/resolution... in a beta build.

DICE - "BF4 Beta's graphics and gameplay is not the final retail version of the game."

pixlexic

Banned
It's a Beta

People already complaining about graphics/shadows/resolution... in a beta build.

DICE - "BF4 Beta's graphics and gameplay is not the final retail version of the game."

every demo ever made has said the same thing and none of them have ever had different graphics int he end. Somethings maybe tweaked but this is what the game looks like.

Ubersnug

It actually looks quite good in that new footage. It becomes rather easy to see the "barely better than current gen" crap is complete nonsense.

Agreed! I think The final version of Tegan's will be great. Looks to be running really smooth as well. Albeit, not a great deal was happening on screen...

Ubersnug

every demo ever made has said the same thing and none of them have ever had different graphics int he end. Somethings maybe tweaked but this is what the game looks like.

The difference Between the beta for Battlefield 3 and the final release for the 360 was huge. I believe the same was for PC also. No reason to think the same won't happen here too...

KoopaTheCasual

People are being a little too harsh on an off screen shot of a game in development. I have little interest in the XB1 but I still think its kind of harsh. Wait until we get direct feed non-bullshots to start criticizing the graphics although knowing its going to be 720p kind of already means its not going to look all that great.

majik13

The difference Between the beta for Battlefield 3 and the final release for the 360 was huge. I believe the same was for PC also. No reason to think the same won't happen here too...

I don't remember this. Yeah they had fixed a lot of gameplay glitches, but the graphics were pretty identical iirc. Maybe some minor changes but nothing "huge".

dengatron

Looks like a Wii U game.

(counter-punchlines are encouraged)

Guess this is the reason frostbite hasn't been put on Wii U yet. Too much visual similarity between the two to be worth it...

lolololol.. this doesn't look SO bad. better than my 5570 in my shit pc does during the beta so far

Sakujou

Banned
this bad graphics make me puke...

but on the other hand... who hyped this piece of crap into heaven?

joke aside, i dont care about the graphics.

but in this case, the difference between 360 and next-gen doesnt differ much...

Daffy Duck

Is BF4 likely to have HD texture pack install on ps4 /xb1? Like BF3 did?

And is it likely if so, this is not installed?

Pre-release footage of BF3 on current-gen looked disastrous. End result was ok.

Ce-Lin

I refuse to believe this, the next-gen hype disappears after seeing that pics, once again I'm haunted by the dilemma whether to spend $400 on consoles or setting that money apart for a notorious PC upgrade (290x). Then again I want my next-gen Infamous and Killzone fix.. time to get a second job.

Grinchy

Banned
I refuse to believe this, the next-gen hype disappears after seeing that pics, once again I'm haunted by the dilemma whether to spend $400 on consoles or setting that money apart for a notorious PC upgrade (290x). Then again I want my next-gen Infamous and Killzone fix.. time to get a second job.
The next-gen hype shouldn't disappear just because of a single shitty port of a game that's being ported to 14 platforms. The next Battlefield will surely be impressive on next gen systems.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I think a lot of brains are disengaged when making some of these comments. And of course 720p is no longer HD, and ugly now if you go by GAF.

I don't know why people think they can tell anything particularly positive or negative from any of the off screen stuff in this thread.

Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

For the reason of we voting. Who is it? You're candidate, soooo? I'll vote for you if. Got it/

system11

Responses like many of the ones in this thread are why games companies have been throwing the frame rate out of the window in favour of things that run badly but look great in screenshots.

Please, stop encouraging them.

Top Bottom