• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tyler, The Creator releases new single (w/ music video) - Who Dat Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUXX55WqYZs

This was what the countdown that started last week was for. Dunno if this is leading up to an album or something.

Personally really like it. As usual, the beat's great. Also noteworthy that this was posted to a new Tyler, The Creator YouTube channel. Usually his stuff's posted to the OFWGKTA channel.

Also, can't really tell, but the end of the song might be fading into another song on the same album like he does with a lot of his other music videos.

Edit: Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/album/0RffqgthNhj28TMkTUc4h3, also includes the second track he released today (911/Mr. Lonely).

Dynomutt

That was not good. I feel like his hiatus was a bit too long. This aesthetic is like 4-5 years late. Like no one is even really checking for Hopsin anymore. I thought he'd evolve more.

hydruxo

Production wise I like it a lot. The song itself is awful. I used to really like Tyler's stuff but I think he should just focus on directing and producing, those are his real talents.

-GJ-

I really like it. The video more than the track, but Tyler's music always grows on me if I don't like it that much at first. Can't wait to see what else he has in store.

I fuck with that

he releasing an album or what?
Hopefully, but for now, this is all we've got from his countdown. Yonkers released as a single as a music video February 10th, 2011, while the album it was a part of (Goblin), didn't come out until May 10th, 2011. Dunno if he did any more singles like that where the album didn't release until later, so I dunno whether or not there's a pattern.

Demoskinos

Production wise I like it a lot. The song itself is awful. I used to really like Tyler's stuff but I think he should just focus on directing and producing, those are his real talents.

I think this nails it pretty well. Tyler knows what the hell he is doing as far as producing and directing goes but man the song itself isn't that great.

Dereck

It just sounds like a re-do of Cherry Bomb, and it sounds old.

The beat itself is fine, but even in 2017, after all of Tyler's growth sonically, some aspects of the song sound very amateurish.

He was never a spectacular rapper so I'm not really worried about that part, thought it was fine.

Rocky was a nice addition, but once again he sounds good sometimes and sometimes not because the beat is so novice sounding it takes me out of it.

And then again, he puts in a snippet of a song with a more "laid back singy" vibe at the end of the video. He did this before on Wolf and Cherry Bomb.

Release music video for a single, at the very end put in a snippet of another song that sounds musically opposite to the first track because basically, I was bored of the first track anyway.

Glad he's still making music but I don't think I'm interested anymore.

Vectorman

Banned
i-dont-know-what-i-expected-gif-3.gif

That was so uninspired and bad. The last bit of the video that had the other track was good but woof, will just wait and see with this album cause this single isn't doing any favors.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Frank and The Internet are the best things to come from Odd Future
And notice how their connections to OF are almost nonexistent at this point.

Tyler's gotta switch shit up or just stick to producing full-time. I don't wanna hear him still doing this Odd Future shit at 30.

Dereck

For the guy who started OF, Tyler's not even one of the best things to come out of that collective.
I don't think that this is even relevant to discuss in 2017. Odd Future was done like 3 years ago. Don't understand why people are still talking about it in this context.

Tyler, The Creator peaked at Yonkers and since then he's been releasing bad to subpar music with a little good sprinkled in.

wait...dude is still relevant ?
In other stuff that doesn't involve making his music.
I don't think that this is even relevant to discuss in 2017. Odd Future was done like 3 years ago. Don't understand why people are still talking about it in this context.

Tyler, The Creator peaked at Yonkers and since then he's been releasing bad to subpar music with a little good sprinkled in.
Wolf is vastly underrated. There's a lot of decent songs on that album compared to the songs on Goblin.

LionPride

Banned
You're forgetting Earl and Vince man! I Don't Like Shit.. and Big Fish Theory are so good.
I said what I said. And meant it. I like Earl and Vince. Frank and The Internet the best to come from OF.

Anyways the song itself, Rocky did better on it. Nice beat and use of strings.

Ivan 3414

I actually liked that. I'm a fan of Tyler and the A E S T H E T I C so w/e

Of course, there were no bars. As terrible as this is going to sound, Tyler hasn't really had anything interesting to say since he stopped talking about rape. I'm not at all suggesting he should go back to that but he really needs to have something compelling happen to him in his life or some shit because he's been treating water lyrically for at least five years.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Tyler needs to just produce. The beat was great but ruined by his terrible 'flow'

Dereck

Wolf is vastly underrated. There's a lot of decent songs on that album compared to the songs on Goblin.
I think Wolf is a mostly subpar album, I used to listen to it a lot back in 2013 but I rarely go back to it. I went back to it in 2015 and I found myself enjoying it a lot less than before.

Frank, Earl, and Vince just left this dude in the dust lol
Earl, just like Tyler, disappears from the hip hop spotlight and then randomly reappears with some new stuff and an album. I still feel like he hasn't released an album that's as good as his mixtape.

Top Bottom