• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uber Eats Sucks

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My dad ordered me some KFC off Uber Eats. I haven't used Uber Eats or any other food delivery service since early this year.

I ordered a 3 piece tender + extra tender with coleslaw.

When it arrived, food was a bit cold but that wasn't even the issue. They gave me fries instead of slaw and didn't give me the extra tender.

Besides the fact it's expensive and can't afford it, the other reason I haven't used Uber Eats is more often than not my order is missing items.

Uber Eats is just not worth the hassle. I know it's the restaurant the bungles the orders up. Popeyes is notorious for messing up my orders especially but yeah cold food with missing or incorrect items is not worth paying literally double the price of the food if you were to eat in/take out.

SEGA_2012

Personally I have never had any problem with it. Yesterday i bought Ice Cream and they forgot to send 2 Magnum (the Chocolate Ice Cream, not the RE weapon hehe) , they refunded my money.

Grinchy

Banned
It's really not great. They raise the prices of all menu items, have limited choices compared to going there yourself, then charge massive service fees and a tip. You end up spending more than twice what you'd spend if you got it yourself for cold and shitty food that's not even the right order.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
It's really not great. They raise the prices of all menu items, have limited choices compared to going there yourself, then charge massive service fees and a tip. You end up spending more than twice what you'd spend if you got it yourself for cold and shitty food that's not even the right order.

but I don’t have to leave my bed

Darkmakaimura

Personally I have never had any problem with it. Yesterday i bought Ice Cream and they forgot to send 2 Magnum (the Chocolate Ice Cream, not the RE weapon hehe) , they refunded my money.
I placed a complaint for missing and wrong items and it mentioned a partial refund for around 8 bucks but there was no confirmation after that, which is strange. I even looked through their crappy app to see if it shows I requested a refund but there are no records.

Papa

Banned
It’s the restaurant’s fault if the order is missing items. Unless the driver ate them, but good luck proving that.

TheMan

yeah that’s what I hate the most. All the fees and they still want you to tip on top. Not that drivers don’t deserve tips but fuck those fees.

INC

Order from a local fried chicken place

KFC and McD's are pure trash, only thing id use for uber eats is subways

Amory

Uber eats is also ridiculously expensive with their fees relative to other services. Restaurant fee plus Uber eats fee plus tip ends up being the better part of $15 where I live

Darkmakaimura

It’s the restaurant’s fault if the order is missing items. Unless the driver ate them, but good luck proving that.
Yeah I mentioned that in my post.

Would be nice if there is a way at least the driver could ask the restaurant to double check everything is right or something.

Still even though it's not Uber's fault, all the costly fees and the fact that the driver makes additional stops (driver for my order had to deliver to someone else before me) showing up with cold food just isn't worth it.

Papa

Banned
Yeah I mentioned that in my post.

Would be nice if there is a way at least the driver could ask the restaurant to double check everything is right or something.

Still even though it's not Uber's fault, all the costly fees and the fact that the driver makes additional stops (driver for my order had to deliver to someone else before me) showing up with cold food just isn't worth it.

How do you propose that goes?

Driver spends x additional minutes per order to ask "did you get everything right?"

What does the restaurant do then?

DESTROYA

Good thing you cleared that up because I thought you meant the condoms.
But most of these delivery services for hire suck, they don’t send out food when it's done they get the order ready and wait for the person to come and then deliver, those extra minutes can make a big difference.

Just report the problem through the app, they usually refund you the difference right away. Like a few days ago, the Vanilla Coolatta I ordered with my Dunkin order tasted like coffee, so I reported it and I got the the price of the Coolatta refunded immediately.
This is why they staple the bags shut on deliver orders in China. Such a simple solution to drivers snacking on your order.
They do that in NYC too. I've even had some tamper stickers on some orders lmao

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

This is why they staple the bags shut on deliver orders in China. Such a simple solution to drivers snacking on your order.
It depends on the restaurant but some do.

McDonald's for instance has like a sticker seal they shut the baggies with.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Most places I’ve ordered from (Los Angeles) staple the bag shut

Fox Mulder

I use DoorDash and have no problem, but also don’t even consider stuff like Taco Bell or kfc with all the local options at my fingertips.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Doordash seems to be the best, but I hate using these services. It's only worth it, if it's a big order. Otherwise, like a $15 order comes to $30 with tax, fees, and delivery. Anything under $50 you essentially pay double whatever the cost of the food is. As a man of principle, I never justify using it for small orders.

nush

Gold Member
No, in general

kgf01H1.png

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Doordash seems to be the best, but I hate using these services. It's only worth it, if it's a big order. Otherwise, like a $15 order comes to $30 with tax, fees, and delivery. Anything under $50 you essentially pay double whatever the cost of the food is. As a man of principle, I never justify using it for small orders.

Pretty nice for work travel and you’re not covering the bill tho...otherwise yeah I’ll go pick it up myself

Darkmakaimura

I haven't had a problem but its only worth it when they had free delivery.
It could be because it's Vegas. People are terribly incompetent and flakey here. Even the average person. The level of IQ and 'giving a shit' is very low.

livest0ne

Neo Member
I dont use it outside of large metropolitan cities which is what is what designed for. A luxury tech item for places with 100 food options and long lines. Paying double price for just a big mac delivery is silly

drganon

I've never had a problem with uber eats or door dash. Grubhub on the other hand has fucked me over with never delivering my order on three separate occasions. Thankfully I was refunded my money, but I don't use that service anymore after that bullshit.

Darkmakaimura

I stopped using that shit app when the delivery+fee cost more than the food and they still want me to tip fuck that shit.
Yeah I'm done with them.

I stopped using them early this year but only used it again because the meal was sort of a "gift" for me.

And to reiterate, I know it's not Uber Eats fault when an order is screwed up (unless the driver is taking your shit) but the amount of times the restaurants screw up - and it's more often than not for me - plus the food arriving cold and drivers having to make additional stops ~after~ they pick up your food and the costly fees, it's just not worth it.

Cyberpunkd

I can tell you that the likes of Uber Eats and Deliveroo are a godsend for parents with small kids. The last thing you want when coming home from childcare is cook for yourself, while at the same time having to feed the kids, dress them, make sure they took the bath, putting them to sleep, etc.

Darkmakaimura

I can tell you that the likes of Uber Eats and Deliveroo are a godsend for parents with small kids. The last thing you want when coming home from childcare is cook for yourself, while at the same time having to feed the kids, dress them, make sure they took the bath, putting them to sleep, etc.
Probably just better off going through the drive thru of a Taco Balls or whatever on your way home for the runts.

teezzy

Banned
I stopped using that shit app when the delivery+fee cost more than the food and they still want me to tip fuck that shit.

This. It's never worth it unless you absolutely cant cook something at home, or cant go pick it up directly, for some odd reason. I'm not even frugal but having food delivered through one of those apps is so wasteful

Nester99

Not a fan of delivery. Would often rather just pick up the take out order.

Would rather have it hot and give the restaurant more $$

Top Bottom