• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2017 Press Conference Thread | Iconic IP [Over]

What unexpected announcement are you hoping for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gator86

Ubisoft is in a rare position this year. With EA being lack luster and Bethesda (supposedly) failed to met expectations, this could be the year that Ubisoft could capitalize and come out on top with what they can reveal.

Wishful thinking, I know... But if Assassin's Creed: Origins was an indicator of what we could expect, we could be in for a good show. Mind you I don't know how much cringe we're going to see either. I just hope that we get some nice new IPs and hopefully an update that says "We're fixing For Honor."

Wishful thinking...

Come out on top of what? They make some of the biggest games in the industry and have the top selling game of this year. They don't give a shit about winning E3.

Peterc

super_mario__invasion_of_the_rabbids_by_alexandergantt-datoj11.png

original.jpg

Lets hope on this!

Didn't they used the frostbite engine?

The last Splinter Cell came right at the end of last Gen, it has to be there

I would love a Splinter Cell announcement. But I feel like if they had something planned, there would be a poster or something on display outside the convention center. Preorder now...all that bullshit.

Fingers crossed though.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
please give me a pirates game directly based off of the Black Flag gameplay. It's a winning formula if you let my friends join me. I'll buy it twice.

mas8705

Come out on top of what? They make some of the biggest games in the industry and have the top selling game of this year. They don't give a shit about winning E3.

It isn't about "winning E3" per ce, but having a more positive conference response than they usually get. For some, they may talk about the games that were announced, but for others, they usually focus on the cringe worthy moments like Laser tag, "Let's make a meme!" and "Doodly Doodly Doo!" Really would be a sight to behold if we could be talking about how "Ubisoft had the best conference at E3!" even though the chances of that actually happening is still... hard to say.

But as I wrote before: Wishful thinking.

I feel like people don't understand that Ubisoft is a highly successful company that is good at reading the market. Folks round here act like they've released nothing but financial flops and this is coming from someone who isn't even a fan of their content.

Dalek

Over/Under on the number of multiplayer demos with that obnoxious fake gamer chat?

"Ok guys give me some cover fire."

"OK I'm taking flank."

AHA-Lambda

Nah, I am so happy to see Aisha isn't hosting, thank god >_<

(the personal stuff obv sucks though, I hope none of that isn't hitting too hard =/)

SDR-UK

I just need a full Pirate game and another look at South Park: The Fractured but Whole and I'll be good. Please deliver, Ubi.

No interest in anything else, AC doesn't look like it's a franchise for me anymore.

Sesha

I'm skipping Ubisoft to get sleep in prep for Sony. There's no way anything I'd like to see like Rayman is gonna show, and BGE2 is a confirmed no show IIRC.

SxP

I'd already be happy if there are no YouTube people during the conference. I can't really hope for anything more.

So far all of the conferences have ranged from terrible to underwhelming. Let's hope Ubisoft can redeem E3...oh fuck it, who am I kidding, it'll be a shitshow and I'll be on here for the reactions and gifs lol.

Top Bottom