• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Gross margins are 55% on full price retail software, 70% on digital

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
CC fees ain't 5% mang.
1-2% at worst. Standard wholesale is 1.54%, may go to 2 when accounting for fraud-related expanses.
Maay be 3% or so for things like paypal or cross-country, but i doubt extra-large companies have trouble negotiating down to 1.5% or so, and they certainly don't need to use third-party shitty conversion rates.

Digital stores taking 30% is pretty interesting. It basically means a copy sold through your website \ store is +50% revenue against a third party store (0.7 * 1.5 = 1.05)

It is amazing that they are still charging the ridiculous prices in Europe for digital in this case (on psn /XBL).

Why don't they want to push us towards digital?

They are successfully overcharging us on PC, as can also be seen in this post not mentioning Steam or Uplay at all. So they would rather have the console crowd pay big as well.

Digital stores taking 30% is pretty interesting. It basically means a copy sold through your website \ store is +50% revenue against a third party store (0.7 * 1.5 = 1.05)

The jump from Steam to an own shop is bigger than from retail to Steam.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that EA and UbiSoft don't want to use Steam as platform for digital sales.

Top Bottom