• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft officially confirms Beyond Good and Evil Game in development

N7.Angel

HELL YEAH !!!!

The first one is so underrated, more people need to play it, I think it's free on PC with Uplay, Do it !!!

I'm not one of those selfish bastards that wants it to ONLY be on my preferred system, but I do hope Nintendo is included with this release. One of the highlights of the Gamecube for me was playing through the original on that system the summer after it was released. That combined with the clear Zelda inspiration, it just would seem wrong for Ubi to snub Nintendo with this one.

Seems like a really strange way to announce/confirm it's in development.

Glad to see it is in development but until we get close to release I'll refrain from getting excited.

jmizzal

I'm not one of those selfish bastards that wants it to ONLY be on my preferred system, but I do hope Nintendo is included with this release. One of the highlights of the Gamecube for me was playing through the original on that system the summer after it was released. That combined with the clear Zelda inspiration, it just would seem wrong for Ubi to snub Nintendo with this one.

Considering the game prob wont be out for a few years, and UBisoft has been praising NX, I'm sure this is one of their games in development for NX

BG&E was not without its flaws, but it was full of heart and soul, something very few games manage to achieve. I'm really hoping they can make it into a masterpiece-level franchise that will spawn even further sequels. This has the potential to be Ubisoft's Zelda if they would just not fuck it up!

To be honest, I'm not convinced this is in serious development either.

Ubisoft invites games journalists over to their headquarters to talk about how they shouldn't be bought by Vivendi. GameSpot suggests that if they want to convince gamers they're actually a company about originality, they should show games like Beyong Good & Evil 2. Ubisoft's CEO makes a statement that sounds like he thinks it's a good idea, but that it would be a long time before anything like that could come out.

Seven days later, Ubisoft releases a piece of concept art, and then another a few days after that, and then a few more days later confirms the game as being in preproduction.

This all strikes me as a stunt to try and garner good will during the acquisition bid. I wouldn't be surprised if that concept art didn't exist 12 days ago, and would be surprised if we saw anything beyond meaningless teasers for years, assuming they even go through with the game.

Surely if it's been getting worked on for so long, they could have shown more than this.

There's been hint of B&G2 being in development for like a year now. This announcement doesn't surprise me. It's most definitely being announced right now because of the whole Vivendi thing but green lighting the game is unrelated in my opinion.

rockyt

Ubisoft not mentioning what platform it is being developed for is kinda weird at this stage. They are being a bit coy with it. It be interesting to see if the rumors I'v been hearing that Nintendo funded it/brought it back to life is true or not. Well the meltdown would be interesting as well if that is the case.

I've gotta come here and say that this is fantastic news. Beyond Good and Evil is such a great game.

When and how and even if we really get it feels so up in the air at the moment though.

I'm gonna stick to being optimistic though. Why the hell not, this is the best news since Nier getting a sequel.

I don't think BG&E 2 is going to be an exclusive, Michael Ancel is currently giving out the original BG&E for free on PC. I think it's safe to assume it will be on all platforms.

Oregano

To be honest, I'm not convinced this is in serious development either.

Ubisoft invites games journalists over to their headquarters to talk about how they shouldn't be bought by Vivendi. GameSpot suggests that if they want to convince gamers they're actually a company about originality, they should show games like Beyong Good & Evil 2. Ubisoft's CEO makes a statement that sounds like he thinks it's a good idea, but that it would be a long time before anything like that could come out.

Seven days later, Ubisoft releases a piece of concept art, and then another a few days after that, and then a few more days later confirms the game as being in preproduction.

This all strikes me as a stunt to try and garner good will during the acquisition bid. I wouldn't be surprised if that concept art didn't exist 12 days ago, and would be surprised if we saw anything beyond meaningless teasers for years, assuming they even go through with the game.

Surely if it's been getting worked on for so long, they could have shown more than this.

Whilst I'm on the same page Yves did say we would be seeing BG&E2 at some point at E3.

I don't think BG&E 2 is going to be an exclusive, Michael Ancel is currently giving out the original BG&E for free on PC. I think it's safe to assume it will be on all platforms.

all platforms...except NX.

Really? Wow, that's awesome! I had no idea. I'll have to grab a copy when it goes live.

Lijik

I dont think the game being given away this month as part of the UBI30 means that Michel is personally overseeing the promotion.

I'm not getting hyped for this game until we know if the hostile takeover is happening or not.

I suspect it will and if so I think a lot of people here are setting themselves up for disappointment. I don't blame them, I too have asked for another game in the series for a long time but you have to be realistic when there's other big news surrounding the studio right now.

Ballthyrm

At this point they should go for a full reboot.

I think that's what it means. IF they are in pre-production now you can be assure that whatever they did before is gone. There is new platforms, etc, you can be pretty sure it means a new engine for the game and rebooting the franchise.

SMG

I think that's what it means. IF they are in pre-production now you can be assure that whatever they did before is gone. There is new platforms, etc, you can be pretty sure it means a new engine for the game and rebooting the franchise.

You are talking tech, a reboot in this context would be of the events and story of the first.
Honestly a small time jump would serve this game just as well as a rebooting.
The first enjoyed hinting and revealing the history of its world and its not like the first games plot was that convoluted.

You are talking tech, a reboot in this context would be of the events and story of the first.
Honestly a small time jump would serve this game just as well as a rebooting.
The first enjoyed hinting and revealing the history of its world and its not like the first games plot was that convoluted.

But...but...the cliffhanger!

Top Bottom