• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: "Other Publishers Buy Companies, We Try To Build Things."

Topher

Gold Member
Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF
Deer Popcorn GIF
Here We Go Violet Crawley GIF by Downton Abbey

Last edited:

Begleiter

It's a fine attitude, but it's not exactly going well for them just now, is it? Skull and Bones, that's definitely a "try". Their management is similarly shit to Microsoft's when it comes to actually making things.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am not a fan of Sony and MS buying shit up left and right so im with this guy.

You make do with what you have. Scooping up developers just to keep them off other platforms is dumb.

Sony spent $3.2 billion on Bungie and forgot that they had single player studios who needed some bodies.

Ronin_7

Banned
I am not a fan of Sony and MS buying shit up left and right so im with this guy.

You make do with what you have. Scooping up developers just to keep them off other platforms is dumb.

Sony spent $3.2 billion on Bungie and forgot that they had single player studios who needed some bodies.
My friend if you don't like Sony strategy i advice selling your Ps5.

You'll not be getting more SP games than on PS4 Generation, the focus is keeping those as it is, the new stuff is GaaS focused.

Expect More acquisitions to show this alongside mobile investment.

Certinty

Yep, you guys definitely built the most boring open world repetitive bullshit game ever made in Ass Creed Valhalla, i’ll give you that.

xrnzaaas

Ubisoft will get swallowed sooner or later. If it's not Microsoft then it's the Saudis or the Chinese. They may be trying, but they're failing in the recent years and now switching more attention to mobile & f2p won't get them many new fans.

Sleepwalker

Ubisoft will get swallowed sooner or later. If it's not Microsoft then it's the Saudis or the Chinese. They may be trying, but they're failing in the recent years and now switching more attention to mobile & f2p won't get them many new fans.
Yup, they recently resisted and rejected a hostile takeover but sharks smell the blood in the water, tencent specifically is circling around them so hopefully they turn things around.

Top Bottom