• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: "Other Publishers Buy Companies, We Try To Build Things."

jhjfss

Other companies have money to buy other companies, meanwhile...

wXeGfkp.jpg

Last edited:

tusharngf

They are also chasing that online only and gaas type games. Is there a single game that people want from Ubisoft? I tried crew2 but fed with the grinding.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Other companies have money to buy other companies, meanwhile...

wXeGfkp.jpg
From $25 to $5. lol. Just about every tech company rocketed during covid, came back down, but YTD zoomed back up. While UBI is barely off the low.

What a disaster. Good thing nobody bought them. I remember last year when someone posted the market caps of game companies to potentially buy up, UBI was worth $8B US I think.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Ubisoft doesn't build shit, lol. They just recycle the ideas from over a decade ago to churn out repetitive bloated games with no soul.

StueyDuck

I mean... I love the idea.

Consolidation is for cunts.

Buuuut ubisoft you guys were on the brink of shit recently and haven't been performing well at all. Bg&e2, skull n bones, siege extraction, cancelled ghost recon f2p game, cancelled BR and so on.

So again I love the message but you gotta show the receipts here yves

CGNoire

O Fuck Off Yves. Your the worst thing to happen to Ubisoft and have heavily contributed to the shit state of it today.

This comment brought to you by 10 "track the enemy target" quests.

But seriously, Ubisoft hasn't proven anything lately to make such a comment. And on a personal note, I'll never forgive them for what they turned Far Cry into after Far Cry 2. Bastardization.

CGNoire

So 2 Vertical Slices is all it takes to gain gamers favor now?

How about we wait till they actually release something so we can confirm there not lying?

You know that thing.....checks notes.... there fucking known for?

Last edited:

Ywap

Lot´s of hate here. Personally i love many Ubi games: Division 1 and 2, Fenyx Rising, Assassins Creed, GR Breakpoint, Rainbow Six Extraction, Watch Dogs, Far Cry.... yeah, the list just keep going.

And with super interesting games like Avatar and Star Wars developed by Massive, AC: Mirage, Splinter Cell and The Crew Motorfest Ubi is looking hotter than ever :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

ahtlas7

"I miss E3 a lot," Guillemot says. "I think it's a shame the industry isn't putting more effort into getting together to show their games.

Just like I miss good, non predatory Ubisoft games. I too think it a shame.

other publishers dont sexually harass their employees

"Publishers" don't sexually harass their employees.

Employees sexually harass other employees. And it probably happens in every gaming company. We've just yet to hear about it.

Sociopathic arseholes on a power trip are not exclusive to certain companies. There's always at least one in every company. It's just that some are better at covering their tracks.

mxbison

Well said. I’m starting to appreciate Ubisoft. Showing great games and showing a decent attitude.

It's funny how everyone shits on Ubisoft but not on all the other devs copying them.

How come everyone suddenly loved the Ubisoft template again when Hogwarts Legacy came out?

FUBARx89

Try to build things? Homie please. They've used the same basic gameplay for the vast majority of their games since Far Cry 3.

All they've built is a reputation for their games being repetitive reskins

Last edited:

RavageX

Say what you will but I don't disagree. Rider's Republic...I don't see many things like that. Rocksmith(Not the new one)...how many devs cleverly made a real guitar learning tool? The Crew, switching from sea/air/ground with racing.

They have tried different things with Assassin's Creed. Expanded to excellent sea travel and battles, amazingly detailed locations. The Rabbids stuff is different as well. Mario/Rabbids is a pretty good game!

But some of you just like to complain.

Top Bottom